imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Be kind, honest, intelligent, good sense of humor, have a positive outlook on life, be a complement to my gender/sexual identity (e.g. femme, submissive, etc). Beyond that we just have to see how well we get along. I don't like having a long list of requirements. I would rather be pleasantly surprised.

I don't either, but the game for singles is
"if you had your *ideal,* what would it be?"

I know my ideal career is far more than the career that I love to bits.
My ideal cat is different than the one I have and love to bits and would never give up.
My ideal apartment is different than the one I'm in or willing to take.

So Ideal and what you'd be willing and happy to work with is different, no?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 02:12 AM   #42
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I don't either, but the game for singles is
"if you had your *ideal,* what would it be?"

I know my ideal career is far more than the career that I love to bits.
My ideal cat is different than the one I have and love to bits and would never give up.
My ideal apartment is different than the one I'm in or willing to take.

So Ideal and what you'd be willing and happy to work with is different, no?
Well of course if it works for others that is awesome. But no I do not have an ideal that comes with lots of characteristics. I would rather have the real thing than an ideal dream femme in my mind.

I couldn't have imagined ahead of time any of my past partners or their combination of qualities other than obvious ones like femme, compatible with stone butch, etc. Of course given that I am a Dominant Stone Butch Daddy there is a lot to be compatible with, so I guess mine is complicated from the get go. But I have been very pleasantly surprised every time in the past. So I prefer it that way. And I would hate to be measured against a long list of qualifications - unless of course I miraculously passed most of them, lol.

I think real live people are better than any list we can dream up (well they can be a lot worse too, so there is that), but yeah we all think about it differently.

After reading Esme's post though I do need to add left-leaning politics as a must!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #43
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

hmn. I think I saw this as a game

if you ask me what I'd like in a *real* date I would list something very different and leave most things up to chance. I only have about 5 or 6 absolutes I require in dating folks. That's *much* different than a game of an ideal.

I would HATE to think that me talking about an ideal/perfect/dream is *ANYTHING* I would *EVER* expect *ANYONE* to *EVER* live up to. Because it doesn't exist. Ideals don't exist.

so, this isn't measuring against a long list of qualifications. Even remotely. To me, this is a parlour game of "doesn't exist"

ETA
I think if the question had been worded "what do you require in a partner" rather than "singles, describe your perfect partner to while away the hours on a monday night" I would have answered very differently. One sounds like a based in reality list, the other sounds ( to me and my brain) sounds like a game in front of the fire place like "if you could go anywhere in time, where would you go." and "If you could be any person in history, who would you be" kind of thing. Pure fantasy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #44
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I probably misread the intent of thread. Either way I don’t have an ideal in mind. I do write fiction so I make up characters quite often, but in this case for me I would just rather see what the real women are like.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #45
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

So, no fantasy date ladies for you! ok
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #46
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yeah I probably misread the intent of thread. Either way I don’t have an ideal in mind. I do write fiction so I make up characters quite often, but in this case for me I would just rather see what the real women are like.
Agreed. Rather see what real women are like.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #47
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I don't know for sure but we can see if they have an YouTube account. Here is their Channel Account HONY @ YouTube (LINK):

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJ8CZrZO_2dwYXR1uzUScOg

P. S. Most of the videos they film are live streamed on Facebook, though. I tried finding the S1:E4 video earlier on YouTube but couldn't find it there. So sorry homoe!
Here's the full Web link to Human's of New York (HONY):

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

Very interesting film narratives on an variety of human conditions. HONY just finished their film series with an heart wrenching episode titled: Comnections.

I highly recommend the entire film series.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #48
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberBoi View Post
For all the singles out there....

Something fun on a Monday night....

No holds barred.... describe your perfect partner....

FIRST and foremost she has a wonderful sense of humor....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: