Old 10-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Where did your screen name come from?????

The name change thread gave me this idea a few weeks back. We all have screen names and some of us just use our real names but may have used screen names in the past.

I thought it would be fun to have a place to explain why you picked the one(s) you did and if it is meaningful to you in someway.

I'll go first....

I was SouthernBelle for many years because, well i am southern. I used this name for around 10 years on yahoo and in yahoo chat rooms. When i found the dash site, a few years ago, that name was already taken. I was at a loss. My dad always called me his princess so i just picked that and combined it with belle because most people called me belle anyway and still do.

Ok....now your turn....

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Back when I picked Apocalipstic I wanted something powerful, explosive, shocking and funny.

I was playing around with "the Apocalypse" and Apocalipstic jumped in my head and I totally cracked up.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ok, wheeeeee fun fun fun..ty

My wife and I owned a paint your own pottery studio. She loved to throw on her wheel and I loved to handbuild with clay. We came up with name of "claybabytwo" since it was two babes who loved to play in clay..so it stuck..recently I "changed" mine to just claybaby...since she is no longer here...it is just one babe playing in the clay...RIP Cathy!
Thanks for this thread, as I , too wonder what the significance is of people's screen names...Clay
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I had a welch corgi mix years ago, she was like my daughter, went every where with me, from the shelter in Maui where I found her to Fresno where she passed at 15, and several states in between. Her name was Corkey, my best bud and my heart. It is my perpetual reminder of her and her spirit.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
The name change thread gave me this idea a few weeks back. We all have screen names and some of us just use our real names but may have used screen names in the past.

I thought it would be fun to have a place to explain why you picked the one(s) you did and if it is meaningful to you in someway.

I'll go first....

I was SouthernBelle for many years because, well i am southern. I used this name for around 10 years on yahoo and in yahoo chat rooms. When i found the dash site, a few years ago, that name was already taken. I was at a loss. My dad always called me his princess so i just picked that and combined it with belle because most people called me belle anyway and still do.

Ok....now your turn....

Glad you cleared things up, I suspected a Little Mermaid connection.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

See?

These are already touching stories. Even if it is a just "fly by night" type of name, to me, it is still interesting.

Afterall, these names are who we are when we first meet people on here.

I just find it very informative and meaningful. Call me sappy lol.

Thank you to all who share!!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Not too long before I found the Dash site I was helping some friends fix up a house they had just purchased. It had a lot of woodwork that was painted over that they wanted stripped off. There was one door that was being very stubborn. I tried everything- a heat gun, chemicals, etc. The paint was just not coming off. I wailed away at it for hours and hours. My friends told me to stop or take a break. I refused, lol. They said you are such a bulldog and started calling me that. When I found the Dash site I thought bulldog sounded like a good butch screen name. So I chose that and have been BullDog ever since. I do think it suits me. I may be just a little stubborn.

As to Bully, Hank and some others were the first to start calling me that on the Dash site. Quite a few people call me that, here online as well as in real life. My former roommates (butch femme couple) call me Bully and they haven't been on a bf site in years. Their whole family does as well and other people they have introduced me to.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
musicman

How Do You Identify?:
NA

musicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputation
Default My username

It was not very hard to come up with my username. I am in the music industry hence music and well man is self explanatory lol lol lol
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to musicman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Not too long before I found the Dash site I was helping some friends fix up a house they had just purchased. It had a lot of woodwork that was painted over that they wanted stripped off. There was one door that was being very stubborn. I tried everything- a heat gun, chemicals, etc. The paint was just not coming off. I wailed away at it for hours and hours. My friends told me to stop or take a break. I refused, lol. They said you are such a bulldog and started calling me that. When I found the Dash site I thought bulldog sounded like a good butch screen name. So I chose that and have been BullDog ever since. I do think it suits me. I may be just a little stubborn.

As to Bully, Hank and some others were the first to start calling me that on the Dash site. Quite a few people call me that, here online as well as in real life. My former roommates (butch femme couple) call me Bully and they haven't been on a bf site in years. Their whole family does as well and other people they have introduced me to.
yes...it does suit you darlin.

*said in the most loving way.

I remember when i was there and we met a friend of yours in the grocery store and she said "Hey Bully" I was shocked.

It is perfect for you!!!!
Maya Angelou
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Always wanted to be a bad girl in the Pink Ladies ;)

My all time favorite movie was Grease. My screen name comes from the scene in the diner where Rizzo throws a strawberry milkshake in Kinicky's face and says, "from me to you PinkieLee".

When I joined the dash site in 2002... it was the first name that popped into my head!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great question and thread!

The one who wouldn't dare
reach out, reach in and touch you
the way you needed her to,
who made an art form of her feigned despair,
who believed the needs of one far outweighed the needs of two,

I'm so not her.
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking It's goes a lil somethin' like this...

My Owner renamed me after I turned 26 to Snow, I was allowed at that time to use the Lady hence The Lady Snow. Snowy, Snowie One, Snowball, Snowflake,Snowypuffarooos are all names friends or chosen family have and do call me.. DJ refers to me as bestest FBG in the world.. Heh
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

New Zealand.

It's Maori for "special," "sacred," "untouchable."

What?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation
Default What's in a Name?

For years on a different site I was called katrinka82 (katrinka was a nickname given to me by my grandfather so I was honoring him). I moved sites and wanted a fresh start (not that i am a bad girl or anything, just growing up a bit). I am a college professor to hence the Prof part and a good friend of mine was always calling me a hottie (i don't always see it but I am trying)...

hottprof
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #15
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Tapu, May I ask; are you from NZ?

Mine is self explanitory; I'm New Zealander and have a quirky personality - I'm not poor enough to be crazy and not wealthy enough to be eccentric, lol! The number 1 because one of the websites I'm on a numeral has to be used in the username.

Last edited by 1QuirkyKiwi; 10-03-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: to add name of person I'm asking a question of...
1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Slater

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Slater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST Reputation

Many years ago there floated around Usenet this "what is your porn name" meme, except they weren't called memes yet. The formula was your mother's maiden name + the street you grew up on. My mother's maiden name made me sound like an accountant rather than a porn star so I used my grandmother's instead. Hence I was Slater Bates. I started using that as a screen name for awhile and then shortened it.
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Slater For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Mine was easy.... I am heavily tattooed, I'm also a huge Matrix fan. Trinity is incredibly strong not to mention HAWT!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

My screen name when I first joined the dash site in 1999 (whatever the year the site opened? 1998?), was MTBNGirls (stands for mountain biking and girls), two things I like.

In 2005 I decided I wanted to change the name. I am not creative by any stretch of the imagination and all that kept coming to my mind was my friend calling me a dapper Butch. So, I decided to just go with that.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Are you KIDDING?

Julie?
My Daddy!
Actually Julie is the female version of one of my mom's uncles Julius - I was named after a man.

LOL this obviously was not what you were asking... But it is my name and my screen name.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Are you KIDDING?

Julie?
My Daddy!
Actually Julie is the female version of one of my mom's uncles Julius - I was named after a man.

LOL this obviously was not what you were asking... But it is my name and my screen name.
Somehow, someway, somewhere....

I KNEW you would say this. Read the OP oh Julie one.

You never listen to me.

xoxoxoxo
Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: