Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #181
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm happy to say that I am RETIRED now. I completed 20 years of federal civil service 2 years ago, and it was about then that my knees started giving me problems again. I had total joint replacement in '07 and '08, and now they're telling me that I need to have both kneecaps replaced, too.

So I got to thinking, WHY am I killing myself and putting my body through so much pain?? I already have 100% disability compensation from the military, with full benefits, and I could survive nicely on just that. So, I put in for FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) retirement with 20 years' service, and put in my application for Social Security Disability (a requirement for FERS disability retirement). Surprisingly, I got SSDI right away, on my first application, and that started within a couple of months!!! This was a HUGE surprise, because we've all heard how hard it is to get that, and most folks have to apply a LOT of times, before it's granted. Being a FERS retiree, I kept my federal health insurance for my wife and myself, and this past July1, I started getting additional healthcare bennies with Medicare coverage (Medicare requires a 24 month wait, from the time you receive your first SSDI check, before your Medicare becomes effective). This was always important to me, as I don't want to have to rely on the military/VA health care systems, and I can go to any doctor I want with very little to no copays. This is HELLA important, because when a person retires, healthcare is a huge financial wildcard. If your health is bad and your insurance is not good, or limited, you can really get yourself into a financial hole VERY QUICKLY.......and that can totally f*ck up an otherwise successful retirement.

So, right now, I'm in a very good, stable position to enjoy my retirement, and the wife and I have been doing just that. I am so grateful that, at this time, I have the extra time to spend with my mother, who won't be here with us for very much longer. She's 94, has dementia is is in a local group home. I am blessed and not a day goes by that I don't thank the good Lord for all of my many blessings.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #182
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I've earned my living as a filthy Capitalist for about 50 years now and there is no rest for the filthy weary Capitalist.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #183
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I'm happy to say that I am RETIRED now. I completed 20 years of federal civil service 2 years ago, and it was about then that my knees started giving me problems again. I had total joint replacement in '07 and '08, and now they're telling me that I need to have both kneecaps replaced, too.

So I got to thinking, WHY am I killing myself and putting my body through so much pain?? I already have 100% disability compensation from the military, with full benefits, and I could survive nicely on just that. So, I put in for FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) retirement with 20 years' service, and put in my application for Social Security Disability (a requirement for FERS disability retirement). Surprisingly, I got SSDI right away, on my first application, and that started within a couple of months!!! This was a HUGE surprise, because we've all heard how hard it is to get that, and most folks have to apply a LOT of times, before it's granted. Being a FERS retiree, I kept my federal health insurance for my wife and myself, and this past July1, I started getting additional healthcare bennies with Medicare coverage (Medicare requires a 24 month wait, from the time you receive your first SSDI check, before your Medicare becomes effective). This was always important to me, as I don't want to have to rely on the military/VA health care systems, and I can go to any doctor I want with very little to no copays. This is HELLA important, because when a person retires, healthcare is a huge financial wildcard. If your health is bad and your insurance is not good, or limited, you can really get yourself into a financial hole VERY QUICKLY.......and that can totally f*ck up an otherwise successful retirement.

So, right now, I'm in a very good, stable position to enjoy my retirement, and the wife and I have been doing just that. I am so grateful that, at this time, I have the extra time to spend with my mother, who won't be here with us for very much longer. She's 94, has dementia is is in a local group home. I am blessed and not a day goes by that I don't thank the good Lord for all of my many blessings.

~Theo~
Congrats, Theo!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #184
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

catlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputation

I'm unfortunately unemployed (I do make spare money in my Etsy shop but it's not a real full-time job to me), but it's common for recent college graduates especially in this time. I received my BS degree in geology a few months ago and applied to over 50 jobs so far. I'm going for the 100th job application! I'm really hoping to get a job by the end of this year... because if I don't, I'll have to apply to graduate school.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #185
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Can you remind us your etsy link so we can check it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I'm unfortunately unemployed (I do make spare money in my Etsy shop but it's not a real full-time job to me), but it's common for recent college graduates especially in this time. I received my BS degree in geology a few months ago and applied to over 50 jobs so far. I'm going for the 100th job application! I'm really hoping to get a job by the end of this year... because if I don't, I'll have to apply to graduate school.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #186
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

catlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Can you remind us your etsy link so we can check it out?
I have 2 shops haha. My main shop Crafts of Little Kitty is focused on Pagan/Nature-inspired crafts:
www.etsy.com/shop/CraftsofLittleKitty

It's currently closed though because I'm staying at my fiancée's parents place. But I'm coming back home on 9/7, so it'll be reopen again soon.

My other new shop Mao Mao Galaxie sells handmade kawaii accessories and stationary. Shop link

I do the selling at her place since we make some of the stuff together, so that one is opened.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #187
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Just a little update about my employment status.

I was luckily hired by my cousin's previous boss also his childhood friend to work for his electronic business as an ecommerce technician. I had experience selling online on Etsy/Ebay, so I was hired on the spot without a job interview. It's been almost a week and a 1/2 I've been working there, but the boss has a lot of unrealistic expectations for me. He wants me to make 20k in 3 months on Amazon, Ebay, and his website.

The thing is this ecommerce business is a new thing, so he can't expect immediate progress. It can take almost a year for an online business to be successful.

Anyway, this week my dream job location has three positions opened. My dream has always been working in a museum as a scientific assistant. I got my degree in geology, so I wanted to do Earth-science related work. Just applied and wishing for the best *_* I was a former 2 year volunteer at the museum, so I hope I at least get an interview.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #188
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just a little update about my employment status.

I was luckily hired by my cousin's previous boss also his childhood friend to work for his electronic business as an ecommerce technician. I had experience selling online on Etsy/Ebay, so I was hired on the spot without a job interview. It's been almost a week and a 1/2 I've been working there, but the boss has a lot of unrealistic expectations for me. He wants me to make 20k in 3 months on Amazon, Ebay, and his website.

The thing is this ecommerce business is a new thing, so he can't expect immediate progress. It can take almost a year for an online business to be successful.

Anyway, this week my dream job location has three positions opened. My dream has always been working in a museum as a scientific assistant. I got my degree in geology, so I wanted to do Earth-science related work. Just applied and wishing for the best *_* I was a former 2 year volunteer at the museum, so I hope I at least get an interview.
Good luck!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #189
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Good luck!
Thank you!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #190
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Unemployed/job hunting again.

It is way tough when you don't have all the experience or education needed for certain jobs, I miss the days where they would train you and train you good.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2016, 08:57 PM   #191
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I thought for sure I would have posted in this thread years ago. If I had - I would have said I was chronically under-employed (after the crash in 2008.) I had two part time jobs and juggled freelance work whenever I could get it. It was miserable and stressful and destabilizing. That lasted five!! long years.

But now - I'm nearly three years into my "new" job and I still love it.
I like going to work in the morning; I like being so busy that I don't have a moment to look at my phone or my facebook; I'm like doing work that is personally meaningful; and i love that every day is different - it's always changing. As a bonus - I work with people who are pretty fun, and truly believe in what we are doing.

Back then I didn't think I would ever have a job I loved again.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have now. Things can turn around!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #192
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Unemployed/job hunting again.

It is way tough when you don't have all the experience or education needed for certain jobs, I miss the days where they would train you and train you good.
Good luck on the search I hope you find a job soon.

I agree back then was probably easier to find a job. I sometimes wished I was born at the "right time" haha.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #193
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good luck on the search I hope you find a job soon.

I agree back then was probably easier to find a job. I sometimes wished I was born at the "right time" haha.
Thank you catlady, I appreciate it.

lol at the right time!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 AM   #194
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I took a leave of absence from my Dept Head/English teaching job back in Canada until January. I am spending four weeks travelling in Europe (Netherlands, London, Portugal) and then have a two month contract teaching in Germany beginning in mid October.

It seems like every ten years, I force myself to get out of my 'comfort zone'. I hope I learn a lot from my experiences and grow as an educator and person.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #195
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm just curious if anyone on here has their own or knows someone who has their own cleaning business? I have been talking to a family friend who used to clean both for a company and privately before retiring due to illness. I want to get different ideas/opinions about it.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #196
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,985 Times in 9,937 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I've held several roles on the campus where I work.... the latest role I've only been in for about 2 and a half months. But I've had my eye on another position, with better pay and benefits, so I applied for it today. If I'm recruited into this new role, I'll start my new job, sometime after the first of December. I'm filled with excitement and a bit anxious, but I'll know soon if I go on board in my new role.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 AM   #197
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Other: Self Employed. I rent my practice space in a medical building.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #198
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Other: Self Employed. I rent my practice space in a medical building.
So, you're up and running?? Congrats on making it through your tough program and now working as a professional! Are you in your own practice, or with a few other people? Exciting! I am happy for you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 02:59 AM   #199
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
So, you're up and running?? Congrats on making it through your tough program and now working as a professional! Are you in your own practice, or with a few other people? Exciting! I am happy for you!
Yup! I'm ve been working since May. I was asked if I wanted to join a very well established clinic that is run by one of my outreach instructors: my outreach at the HIV support clinic. He runs the highest rated clinic in my city, and also teaches students at the HIV clinic to give back to the community.

So, I have an incredible start. All that bone crushing hard work has paid off with an incredible placement offer. I'm doing well. I love my patients. It took 6 weeks to stop being really fucking sore and exhausted after I started, as I can burn up to 3,500 calories in a day at work. So I have to take very good care of myself. I got myself a cleaner so I'm not bogged down at home with extra work, kicked out my flatmates so I have a place on my own finally, and I just adopted a very lovely cat.

I need rest and low stress on my days off. So I'm not going to be busting my tits looking after someone. So, either it's someone fun and easy going with no drug and alcohol problems, or I stay single till I'm in my grave lol
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #200
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I'm just curious if anyone on here has their own or knows someone who has their own cleaning business? I have been talking to a family friend who used to clean both for a company and privately before retiring due to illness. I want to get different ideas/opinions about it.
I did housekeeping when I was younger first through agencies and later for myself. When I began I kept the full time job I had and only worked as a housekeeper on my days off to see if I would like it well enough, and they could keep me busy enough, for me to quit my full time job. With work I always like to test the waters, try something out first before quitting my steady job and on a wing and a prayer immediately full force flinging myself into something new. If you want to know anything more about my experience with it, have any questions or anything you can PM me any time. Good luck with whatever you decide.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job