Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #12061
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Philip Seymour Hoffman

Philip Seymour Hoffman is on my mind and, like many of you, I am saddened by his passing. I have spent the last few nights with Philip Seymour Hoffman and his work on film. But if I could have a few more hours with him, it would be to spend an evening with him on Broadway watching his interpretation and portrayal of Willy Loman in Arthur's Miller's Pulitzer Prize winning play, Death of A Salesman written in 1949.

Willy Loman is one of the greatest roles handed to an actor who is capable of intense character studies. Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of those actors and I envy anyone who had the rare privilege of seeing his performances within a theater's length of him. Lee J. Cobb is known for launching the role on film, but Philip Seymour Hoffman undoubtedly finishes one of Arthur Miller's greatest works on stage. I can't imagine anybody stepping into this role or equaling Hoffman's metamorphosis as the worn-down Loman; it is the perfect role for this actor who handled intense characterizations seamlessly.

For me, Arthur Miller is one of the greatest dramatists of his time and in the ranks of Eugene O'Neill and Tennessee Williams. These writers were brilliant in their intense studies of personal and social issues. Most memorably, The Ice Man Cometh, O'Neill, Williams' Glass Menagerie or Michael Gazzo's Hatful of Rain, from 1957, which exposed drug addiction.

My favorite work of Miller is the film All My Sons featuring Burt Lancaster and Edward G. Robinson. I have also read The Crucible as a script and as Miller's genius to expose McCarthy-ism as a witch hunt of the early 1950s. Although set in the 17th century, Miller's uses this vehicle to lambast the McCarthy hearings on anti-American activities and Communism in the early 1950s. Brilliant allegories.

Sidebar: this is not a political post, but my own take of Miller's work as a dramatist only.

Miller was incredible in his challenges of his own characters to examine themselves. Willy Loman is that kind of character in Death of A Salesman as as a weary, bitter, hard-ridden, working class salesman who examines and re-examines his life. Although produced on film with Lee J. Cobb and Dustin Hoffman, this role is really written for the stage. I can only imagine that the the mix of Miller and Hoffman together must have been an incredible experience. I would have given anything to see Philip Seymour Hoffman close up as an actor—just that far away from me—with Miller.

My thoughts, today, are on the accounts of Hoffman's death and my own private time viewing of his works on film from the last 15 years. If I could have experienced Hoffman on stage—it would have completed his repertoire for me and given me yet, another new dimension of this incredible actor on stage. I'll miss him.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #12062
Daktari

My gippy tum
Old 02-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #12063
SirLucian

How Do You Identify?:
Revenant I Have Become Indestructible
Preferred Pronoun?:
Vampir
Relationship Status:
Ageless One / My Coven, Commanding an Embodied Authority Not Ruled By External Opinions Or Behaviors

SirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST ReputationSirLucian Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool What is on My Mind

Greer SC
There is a certain Darkness here
Rock Walls Dripping with anticipation
Life is too long to Live alone
Family is Everything
SirLucian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirLucian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #12064
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,516 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

delivering the Super Bowl bet

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #12065
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

my pup
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #12066
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Dad trying to rip out his drainage tube in the night
Mom sleeping in a chair
Who will get my mail while I'm gone
I hope that pastor gets back to me
I hope mom isn't mad I got in touch with him
I hope I sleep tonight
I hope my flight leaves on time
I hope the shuttle works out
I hope D catches that wild dog
Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #12067
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i woke up this morning on the couch and wondered why i was there. i could no remember where i was my Sweetheart told me. i have been trying to regain my footing all day. i hate this never knowing when i will lose a moment or a minute or more. my health is on my mind
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #12068
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Work is on my mind.

Well really more like the lack of responsibility others seem to have. I work with the medically fragile developmentally disabled in a home setting. Which means they depend on us for everything 24 hours a day and I mean everything. I love my job and how good I am at it even if it is a stressful job. My two girls help with that (smile). However this last weekend really pissed me off. Not that I had to work 36 hours straight but the reason behind it. I had to because so many people agency wide not just my house called in that they weren't even able to relieve us after 24 hours. Okay I understand car troubles I do but damn it the busses were running and the ones that got to work got there by bus. Well my fir brought me but I would have taken the bus if I had too. I tell you there is something wrong with peoples work ethics hell ethics period when workers at Wendy's can show up to work ( thank you btw) but caregivers responsible for the very lives of someone else can't!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #12069
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The frittata for dinner tonight was fantastic. I think I want seconds but I'm trying to resist the urge.
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 AM   #12070
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

my very loved dad
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #12071
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

What is on my mind is that this week is going to be either excruciatingly slow... or entirely too fast... only one week left!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #12072
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Correcting a ContextSwitchDeadlock error in my software ... this app is very processor intensive and probably only need to turn off the Managed Debug Assistant (MDA)and tune my SQL code ... Hope it is only a case of the MDA yelling fire and in reality, there is not one ... Otherwise, gear up for some ugly code!

Hope all of you are having a swell morning!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #12073
Daktari

That last 'difficult' couple of weeks.

So damn grateful for the love and support of the chosen few.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #12074
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

That deadline tomorrow night. I've grown tired of deadlines. When I complete this portion of my grad school in about 10 months, I need to take a big hiatus and go back to work for awhile.
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #12075
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

A comprehensive new study has found that an estimated one in 14 women around is sexually assaulted by someone other than her partner – with real numbers likely higher, given that many victims fail to report the crimes out of shame or fear.

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet, found that 7.2 per cent of women 15 years of age and older report being sexually assaulted by someone other than an intimate partner at least once in their lives. In Canada and the United States, that number jumps to 13 per cent. And nearly all countries – including Canada – aren’t doing enough to compile data on sexual violence by different predators.

Sexual-assault rates are highest in countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo (21 per cent), Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe (17.4 per cent) and in the Australasian countries of New Zealand and Australia (16.4 per cent), says study co-author Naeemah Abrahams with the South African Medical Research Council in Cape Town. Countries such as Turkey (4.5 per cent) and India and Bangladesh (3.3 per cent) had the lowest incidence.

“Sexual violence is a common experience for women worldwide,” concludes Prof. Abrahams, who pored over studies conducted in 56 countries over a period of 13 years, with assistance from colleagues from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, as well as the World Health Organization. “In some regions, it’s endemic.”

The research highlights the need for countries to start aggressively implementing their own population-based data on the levels of sexual violence by different predators. Hard data is desperately needed, Prof. Abrahams says, so health-care professionals can get a better grasp on the magnitude of the problem to put in place improved prevention interventions, as well as more comprehensive services to treat victims of sexual assault.

Sandra Diaz, vice-president of communications at the Canadian Women’s Foundation, echoed Prof. Abrahams’ plea for governments to get more aggressive on compiling data on domestic and sexual violence in Canada.

“We do not have our own population-based data and it’s something we desperately need,” Ms. Diaz says. “The last seminal study on domestic violence in Canada was in 1993. The government simply is not investing in this kind of research. It’s a huge challenge to make it a priority.”

A 2013 study by the Canadian Women’s Foundation found that 67 per cent of Canadians know a woman who has been physically or sexually abused. “This research doesn’t replace incidence data, but it does give us a sense of the magnitude of the epidemic in Canada,” says Ms. Diaz, who adds that less than 10 per cent of sexual assaults in Canada are reported. “They don’t report because of the victim-blaming culture, and out of shame and fear.”

Also last year, Ms. Diaz says, the foundation did a public-opinion poll on Canadians’ attitudes toward sexual and domestic violence and found that 19 per cent of Canadians believe a woman encouraged or provoked sexual assault when she was drunk, while 11 per cent believe she encouraged or provoked sexual assault by wearing a short skirt.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #12076
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind...one of my favorite memories of a trip to the beach on Valentine's weekend, sitting in my fuzzy pjs on the cold sand dune to get pictures of my first beach sunrise...and all the fun moments of exploring and discovering beautiful things. Laughter and shared wonder. I loved that trip and cherished quiet beauty of a secluded beach sunrise.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #12077
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,516 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #12078
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I so don't want to go to sleep tonight... and its just very silly... you see... everything thats coming up hit me today... all the very wonderful and exciting things that are happening in just... 4 more sleeps... and, well... I am just... going to sleep in the wrong damn bed... so I don't want to do it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #12079
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

What else her visit....the first time she looks into my eyes....our first kiss...
and of course what I am going to wear but solved the I have to work 10 hours before I get that first glance....keep it simple right hence wear my work clothes and bring the first meeting breakfast clothes to work with you.....
The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #12080
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
What else her visit....the first time she looks into my eyes....our first kiss...
and of course what I am going to wear but solved the I have to work 10 hours before I get that first glance....keep it simple right hence wear my work clothes and bring the first meeting breakfast clothes to work with you.....
Giggles...... that's just cute!!!!!