Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #1001
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
OMG YUM...FUJI APPLES!!!!! SOOO SWEET and satisfying....I'm now hooked...and guess what?

NO POINTSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Yay!

One of the things I have really appreciated about being on WW and trying to make the points work for me is re-discovering foods I forgot I loved. ...like apples, tuna on toast, strawberries on vanilla frozen yogurt, V8 juice, WATER (!!!), beans & rice... So much good stuff that is good for us!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #1002
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

I did the wii this morning, so far this week I have lost 6 pounds yay

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sweetfemme247 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #1003
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfemme247 View Post
I did the wii this morning, so far this week I have lost 6 pounds yay
6 pounds.... WOW look at you go honey! That's awesome!

Wii is always fun... and a great way to get in some exercise, too!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1004
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
6 pounds.... WOW look at you go honey! That's awesome!

Wii is always fun... and a great way to get in some exercise, too!
I bowl 10 games a day, plus run for 8 mins and then do the hola hoop

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetfemme247 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1005
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

That's awesome!

I have a Wii Fit... still in the box. Ugh, we just had to have the thing a couple of years ago, and have still never opened it! We do play the bowling & baseball
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #1006
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

It is slightly possible that I am becoming addicted to this self torturing behavior we are calling healthy living. And it's the fault of you people. Yes I said YOU people with all your support and sharing of triumphs, struggles and set backs. And now because of all the blasted changes I am down 12.2 lbs.

And in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, this is a grateful rant because while I am glad I am making progress I still want I bloody Pepsi and snickers and a donut and...and...and...

Nevertheless, thank you.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #1007
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

LOL, don't feel bad Rosie...We also have Wii Fit and we don't use it! We were addicted to Mario Kart instead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
That's awesome!

I have a Wii Fit... still in the box. Ugh, we just had to have the thing a couple of years ago, and have still never opened it! We do play the bowling & baseball
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #1008
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

You are welcome and congratulations!!!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
It is slightly possible that I am becoming addicted to this self torturing behavior we are calling healthy living. And it's the fault of you people. Yes I said YOU people with all your support and sharing of triumphs, struggles and set backs. And now because of all the blasted changes I am down 12.2 lbs.

And in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, this is a grateful rant because while I am glad I am making progress I still want I bloody Pepsi and snickers and a donut and...and...and...

Nevertheless, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #1009
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

The boxing game is fun and I used to kick my old boss's butt in it..

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
LOL, don't feel bad Rosie...We also have Wii Fit and we don't use it! We were addicted to Mario Kart instead!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #1010
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Good Morning Everyone,

I have gone back to having my yogurt, chocolate Soymilk and coffee for breakfast...I woke up late this morning so I didn't get to the gym, but I have to clean my apartment today, so that will help burn some calories. Then I am going to hit the gym tonight...No matter what!

Congratulations to all of you all who have lost weight!

Zimmy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #1011
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Nevertheless, thank you.

Go ahead, blame us. But blame yourself for all of the hard work too!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #1012
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Nevertheless, thank you.

WOOHOOOO now, that's the best news I've heard all morning! You should feel very proud of yourself... even if we did peer pressure into this healthy living crap

Keep up the great work my friend!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #1013
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I, too have lost weight this past summer like 32.5 pounds so far. I exercise at the gym and eat healthier and more satisfying. Yogurt dannon's low fat are yummy, greek yogurt fat free, salmon any protein I want and lots of veggies, its great and the thread is a great support system too..thanks Jo and everyone else for their support in this process.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #1014
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Weigh in yesterday - lost 2lbs. Down 11.4 so far (6 weeks).

I get 29 points and I use every one of them! Plus a good chunk of the weekly 49.

i generally eat what I'm craving or whatever I'm in the mood for, just less of it. So last nite that was 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. (11 points).

generally I have some kind of Kashi cereal for breakfast with skim milk. Fruit mid morning (peach today), for lunch I have a hard roll (4 points) and I brought a can of tuna and some chopped onion and red pepper, I'll add one packet of mayo, mush it up and call it lunch. I'll probably have popcorn for a snack later. Maybe more fruit.

dinner - who knows. could be leftover pizza since its in the fridge...
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #1015
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Weigh in yesterday - lost 2lbs. Down 11.4 so far (6 weeks).

I get 29 points and I use every one of them! Plus a good chunk of the weekly 49.

i generally eat what I'm craving or whatever I'm in the mood for, just less of it. So last nite that was 2 slices of pepperoni pizza. (11 points).

generally I have some kind of Kashi cereal for breakfast with skim milk. Fruit mid morning (peach today), for lunch I have a hard roll (4 points) and I brought a can of tuna and some chopped onion and red pepper, I'll add one packet of mayo, mush it up and call it lunch. I'll probably have popcorn for a snack later. Maybe more fruit.

dinner - who knows. could be leftover pizza since its in the fridge...
Congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing amazing... keep up the great work!

I LOVE to see that we are still able to enjoy our favorite foods (like pizza). Smarter choices for breakfast & lunch enable us to splurge from time to time so we don't feel deprived... 'cause that's when the binges start (at least for me).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #1016
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

E and I had such a busy weekend that we didn't get to our normal food-shopping!

I work a few hours longer today so E's going to stop after work and get us some things that are our basics, for me those include

chocolate soy (for my coffee every morning in lieu of cream)
low fat cottage cheese (from costco, I usually go through a big container in about 10 days!)
a variety of fruits (E doesn't do melon besides watermelon but I like all kinds)
a variety of vegetables

My everyday cereal is Special K red berries (lower points than Go Lean Kashi)

I've been a bad tracker and have been losing weight with only mild success because I haven't stuck with the plan 100%--I am about at 50% some days I am at 10% on plan. So, I am down 12 lbs and would love to see that 15 lb weight loss (and get another gold star!!!!!!) but I am coasting and each time I brace myself at the scale, thinking that I am going to gain, I am down .8 or .12 of a pound and feel like I've really got one over on someone or dodged a bullet. Which sounds silly because I am not in a race, but *fat*, while can be chocked full of wholesome goodness--I find that mine is chocked full of a range of highly-charged emotions and a part of the stage for my personal, human drama and I appear to be committed to clinging to every pound that I am trying to lose in ways that I don't yet fully accept or recognize.

So, how do you let go of a part of you that you have spent so long identifying with?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #1017
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Lost 1/2 pound. The weird thing about weight loss I learned over my 2-year saga to lose 50 pounds is to never, ever give up (I had kind of forgotten that).

I can totally stick to my eating plan, not lose anything for a couple of weeks (plateau) and then, all of a sudden, start losing again.

It is during that discouraging phase that I can go off the rails but refuse to do so today.

Another mind-trick I had forgotten about, in addition to only focusing on 10 pounds at a time; is to call each 10 a decade instead of pounds. Sounds silly but it worked for me to decrease focus on pounds. Now I have 1 pound to go to get into my next decade.

Discouraging to know I was already in this place over a year ago and am again having to retrace my steps but it is what it is. I just can't focus on that.

Breakfast today, egg-white scramble with one once of lean ham; cup coffee with Splenda and my teaspoon of half-in-half.

Cheers to all!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #1018
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I find this thread to be such an incredible support...and all of you an inspiration.

Yesterday was an incredibly tough day for me....tiring, emotional, lots of negativity to deal with at work that had me (literally) in tears and about to quit...which is crazy since I love what I do.

Anyway...by dinner, I wanted a philly cheesesteak and nothing else was going to do. So...I had it. I did skip the fries (even though I love them and they make them fresh and delicious)....and just enjoyed every mouthful of that sandwich.

Afterwards....I was tempted by chips, ice cream and all the usual crappo I'd eat, but instead I thought....nope....don't beat yourself up, just back on track....and had the before bedtime snack that I should have.

I'm an every day weigher too and, this morning, the scale didn't hate me. In fact, I'm down a couple pounds just since Saturday and yesterday's splurge didn't move the needle up. I know there's always a big initial loss, so I'm not counting on any particular number each week.

In fact, I'm trying not to focus on the scale, but instead just eating a healthier diet to control my diabetes....but it still feels really nice to see the scale moving in the right general direction.

Fresh fruit, lots of salad stuff and veggies, lean protein and greek yogurt are playing a big role in my shopping cart this morning...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #1019
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, I'm seriously having a bad moment here...I'm craving Thai food sooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad......And nearby is an awesome place to get just that.....

Last night I was bad and I promised myself I would eat a salad today...Soooo I think I just made up my mind by typing this sentence.

Also note, today is the day I decided to NOT to continue to smoke. I had my last one yesterday at 6 PM....
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #1020
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning everyone!

Well I'm noticing some changes in Myself and honestly, I dont know if I really like them. I'm having a hard time getting on track and over the last couple of days not only do I notice that My feet are swollen, but also My lower legs are getting fatter (the skin is much tighter). I haven't been able to stick to My goal of less pop and such, but I walked across the street to 7-11 this morning and I just couldn't help but feel that things aren't right. My right foot is especially swollen and its not easy to walk, its like 2 times the normal size and I know that isn't good.

I know that I need to change, for My health, and it scares Me to make these changes but I know that they have to happen. I want to go on Weight Watchers and would love to go to meetings but I know that I can't afford it, but the points seem to be working for everyone else so I really wanna give it a try though right now I'm not sure how I can do it. I'm going to start today by going back over all of the pages in this thread and writing down things I wanna try ~ tips, recipes etc which will hopefully start Me down the right path. I'm sick of being fat, sick of feeling sluggish and tired and just plain icky .......... something has to give and I'm no longer going to allow My health to suffer because of Myself.

I started this morning, by having water flavored with Nestea Singles in pomegranate and blueberry, plus over at 7-11 I bought breakfast ........ they sell packages of apple slices and red grapes there so that was what I had. For Me thats not the type of breakfast I'm used to, if I ever have any ~ I generally don't have anything in the morning and will then eat more than I should at lunchtime. I'm changing that and by having something this morning (the fruit), hopefully that'll be a good beginning. I know that I can come here and have the support of My dearest friends who will keep Me sane and motivated (and give Me virtual kicks in the ass when needed). Thank you so much to everyone here and to this thread for helping Me to keep going ~ I appreciate everything

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: