Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #41
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
GET OUT!! (Nice push here like Elaine from Seinfeld!!)

So, I do not KNOW this guy, but he died SO far back, ('84 did it say)? OK, calling my Mother right now Linus! Thank you so much!!

Maybe she will remember him in something, from way back. It doesn't look like he was a "main character" in movies though - even then, anything outstanding and/or memorable...(?) But, IF he was in ANY "murder mystery" BEV will most certainly know/remember him!

WILDCAT

WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #42
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Mastering the Art of French Cooking, v.1, Julia Child, et al. (So bummed blogging this has already been done.)

Blood's A Rover, James Ellroy. Hardcore staccato conspiracy-noir from the master.

Elder Scrolls: The Infernal City, Greg Keyes. You'll probably only enjoy this if you're familiar with the video games Morrowind and Oblivion.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #43
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

Spade and Archer by Joe Gores
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #44
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Besides reading posts here, I was reading the obits.

Don't ask.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #45
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still reading the instructions to the MP3 player I got for Christmas 08. Does anybody have a 12 -year-old I can borrow who can show me how to use the damned thing? (my new smilie policy: use one from the window to the right whether it fits or not)
Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #46
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

the same two books I was reading last week. I need to finish them.
I did read Return to Isis by Jean Stewart last week. There are 4 more books in the series. I have them and now need to read them.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #47
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
I'm still reading the instructions to the MP3 player I got for Christmas 08. Does anybody have a 12 -year-old I can borrow who can show me how to use the damned thing? (my new smilie policy: use one from the window to the right whether it fits or not)
I know exactly how you feel about the electronics! When I get a new cell phone, I always bring it to class so my students can show me how to use all the nifty features

p.s. I like your smilie policy

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #48
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
In regards to your smiley policy, I've been doing that since they got the rotating smiley thing up and running. I've even adjusted my posts, on occasion, to fit the smilies. lol

This one's new to me....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #49
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

today i just finished reading One year of living biblically...
i would not recommend it..wasnt even silly enuf to be funny, just trite....anyone wants the book let me know...i will send it ot u...if not its going in the goodwill bin
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #50
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Currently reading Greg Iles "True Evil." A real page turner!

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #51
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Currently skimming Kate Bornstein's Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, & the Rest of Us for quotes. If you haven't read it, it's worth the time!

Here's an excerpt...

I write when nothing else will bring me peace, when I burn, when I find myself asking and answering the same questions over and over…I write in bottom space. I open up to you, I cut myself, I show you my fantasies, I get a kick out of that—oh, yeah. I perform in top space. I cover myself with my character and take you where you never dreamed you could go. Yes. My ancestors did this. My instrument is not my pen or my typewriter, not my lover’s Macintosh, not my cast of characters, not my body on stage. No, my instrument is my audience and oh how I love to play you.

Damn, she's brilliant--and that red hair when I saw her perform....

--Leslie Feinberg
The Following User Says Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #52
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default book mooch

For those that may or may not know aobut it..

Here is a great way to share and save $$ on books to say nothing of saving the lives of trees everywhere!

www.bookmooch.com

feel free to look for me Dean Thoreau

any books that within 24 hours of my offering here.....i will be posting on Book Mooch...the ones no one wants from book mooch...will go to goodwill...

I just cant stand hoarding the books any longer.

Dean
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #53
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Just took Margaret Atwood's "The year of the flood" out of the library.

any book described as "dystopian" makes me swoon.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #54
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Over the holidays, because I was absolutely bored out of my gourd - and yes, I do have a gourd, thank you very much - I went to Barnes & Noble and bought two new books. One - the one I'm really enjoying right now is historical fiction, titled Mary. It's [loosely] based on the [supposed] letters that Mary Todd Lincoln wrote whilst she was in the asylum.

The second book is something by David Sedaris. I thought I might need something comical get me out of any funk Mary might put me in. Well, I have not picked up the David Sedaris book, and honestly, I'm thrilled.

Mary is an easy read and the author does a good job of speaking in the first person and almost making me feel as though I'm walking around in her apron pocket listening and watching her every move.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #55
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

So umm hpychik u gonna lend me mary when you are done????

smoooooooooooooooooooch
Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #56
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
Over the holidays, because I was absolutely bored out of my gourd - and yes, I do have a gourd, thank you very much - I went to Barnes & Noble and bought two new books. One - the one I'm really enjoying right now is historical fiction, titled Mary. It's [loosely] based on the [supposed] letters that Mary Todd Lincoln wrote whilst she was in the asylum.

The second book is something by David Sedaris. I thought I might need something comical get me out of any funk Mary might put me in. Well, I have not picked up the David Sedaris book, and honestly, I'm thrilled.

Mary is an easy read and the author does a good job of speaking in the first person and almost making me feel as though I'm walking around in her apron pocket listening and watching her every move.
Mary sounds really cool--I've put it on my reading list!

A bit ago, I finished (well, I'm not quite "finished') reading Asylum: Inside the Closed World of State Mental Hospitals by Christopher Payne. It's an amazing collection of photographs of abandoned, vast mental asylums.

I also just picked up David Sedaris' When You are Engulfed in Flames... I'm a bit behind, but I'm looking forward to in the near future.

Happy Readin', Ya'll!

--Leslie Feinberg
The Following User Says Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #57
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Engulfed in flames is good daisy...unfortunately with all the publiccity and build up you may be a bit disappointed....It was good but not deserving of so much acclaim.
Just read the book Powerpoint 7...........dry very dry..it will be a great door stop!
I am out of books and need to refill before i start wandering the grocery store reading all the labels..... its a pain when u run out of things to read...anyone who does not know about it..... the guttenberg project.org u can download tons of classics for free onto your computer..kindle, e reader, ipod, mp3, etc etc....for a little fun reading try Elinor Glyn ..very racy writing back when she wrote it in the 1800's Alexander Dumas of course is always a joy an if you are up to a challenge read some joyce....(I suggest medicinal pot prior to injecting joyce into ones brain)
Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #58
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

I just ordered four ELizabeth Gaskell novels (mostly because I just saw the third part of Cranford on Masterpiece classics last night). I've read Gaskell's Bio of Charlotte Bronte but didn't think to read her novels. Now I'm about to start up my old obsession with very long Victorian novels. I'll probably emerge again sometime in 2011. See you then.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #59
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Fever : how rock 'n' roll transformed gender in America / Tim Riley.
Yayyyyyy I have been waiting for 5 months for our local library to get this book in!!!! I placed it on hold and will pick it up tomorrow.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #60
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
I just ordered four ELizabeth Gaskell novels (mostly because I just saw the third part of Cranford on Masterpiece classics last night). I've read Gaskell's Bio of Charlotte Bronte but didn't think to read her novels. Now I'm about to start up my old obsession with very long Victorian novels. I'll probably emerge again sometime in 2011. See you then.

Rufus

Rufus,

May I suggest "Jane Eyre" for a Bronte work? It's amazing.....and the first Victorian work I ever read...and have read it 4 or 5 times. Deep and rich and colorful.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading