Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default What did your pet(s) do today?

Tell us what's new with your furry, feathered, hairless, shelled, and/or scaled family today! What wild, crazy, silly, sweet, amazing, adorable, and naughty things have they been up to?

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Mine posed like a supermodel, and then gave me neck snuggles and snorts in the face!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing because she is still sleeping!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

she waits for a belly rub!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

find my post from yesterday, read it.

That's what they do everyday. But they are cute and I love every one of 'em.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just fun to watch...

Both Gaige and I do not like the idea of domestic cats being outside, but we both enjoyed seeing what these UK cats got into while they were out cruising their neighborhoods:

Secret life of the cat: What do our feline companions get up to?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

If it weren't got my sweet fur babies I know I wouldnt get through things as well as I do,they just make life better.Today I had another of those back injections this makes two in as many weeks to get the problem places to stop hurting so bad.When I get home from the docs office i'm pretty wiped out,really foggy headed,hungry cause I cant eat for many hours before the procedure...all that together is a wipe out.After my son brings me home and while he gets me settled in,Rowdy and Little Bits,follow him step by setp to make shure he dose it right.After a simi decen't meal I go to bed to sleep the sedative off both of them station themselves in the bed,Rowdy at my head on the other pillow..The Bits at my side so I can touch the bothe of them if I want to.For whatever time I sleep or when I get up and will go back to sleep again they are my angles and shadow.I will aways beleave anamals no mater what kind we love and love us back are more loveing and human than humanity is..We as humans should take many a lesson form our animal friends and family.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Bird: Squeak, kiss, squeak, chew, eat, bathe, sleep -- repeat
Fuzzy grey boy dog: Sleep, go outside, pant, sleep
Shaved black girl dog: look for food, sleep, snore, sleep, look for more food, give kisses and snuzzels.
Cute black girl kitty: sleep, sneeze, and sleep more.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

i type as Lucy hugs my leg for dear life, and has fallen fast asleep that way.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The two cats have stuck to me like glue. I guess they don't recall being here -- at the summer rental -- last year. You'd think they'd like the extra space and the country smells. Actually, I think they do. But it's change. And cats are innately conservative creatures.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

He stands beside my bed and bounces and bounces like he can't jump on the bed. He wants to be picked up and put on the bed. The other day, I was in my buddy chair and a friend was in the loveseat which also reclines. She had a dog treat flashing it around at Skip. I guess we both thought he would jump down and jump up in her chair. NOPE he wagged his tail and got excited all over and literally LAUNCHED from the foot of my chair to hers. LOL OMG we both died laughing at him. I thought he'd need a parachute, but he made a great landing, except one back foot.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Last night, despite the no balls in the bedroom rule, Chessie ate nearly an entire tennis ball. I have no idea where he got it from. He apparently has ball-dar....

Needless to say, he barfed the majority of that onto my bedroom floor this morning, and later, when I thought he was doing his usual whining about not playing ball during every waking moment, he squatted and deposited a pool of liquid onto the carpet in my bedroom. There were little pieces of rubber in that too.

So, he has the runs again, and I have spent the day running him outside, cleaning up accidents, and making him a ton of chicken and rice for the week. His vet is off today, but I have a call in to her, so that she can give us more of the pro-biotic sprinkles for his food.

Obi is enjoying quiet time with the living room cats, and has declined several invitations to join Chessie and I outside, or in the bedroom. Strangely (not), he did appoint himself as kitchen guard while rice and chicken were being cooked, and meat was being pulled off of the bone.

The fattest tiny cat in the house, Oliver, has been attempting to plant himself into every load of warm laundry entering the bedroom today. So far, I'm winning.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Dog log...5.28.2013.

I find it amazing how brave my little Obi has become, with a new brother, that is roughly the size of a Shetland pony. Unfortunately, he was never besties with his brother, Chewy. But for some odd reason, this odd dog couple is working wonderfully. They don't even fret about who's toy belongs to who (Obi doesn't want anything to do with slobbery muddy balls. According to him, they are for ruffian type dogs, who don't mind using the yard facilities on rainy days).

Next week, The Chew, will be here all day with us, when the groomer visits, so will see how that plays out. The one short visit he had with Chessie, about a week or so ago, seemed to go quite smoothly, but I really think that is because the fact that dogs of Chessie's size exist, is so alarmingly new to the Lhasa who formerly ruled this household.

Chessie is feeling guilty today, because he had a gigantic accident (85 pound dogs tend to have gigantic accidents) while I was at work today. It seems his bowels are acting up, he has an appointment tomorrow to check how his organs are functioning with the addition of some arthritis medication, so if he's still not feeling great, I can talk to the vet then. Despite his upset rear end, he still wants to play ball for hours on end, so I'm not too worried about him. Currently, he is placing his ball in my lap as I type, and fetching it when it rolls off to the floor.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I started my day in much pain...when I kicked back in recliner, my WooBear grabbed his froggy and jumped up beside me. There was plenty of room for us both, but each time I moved, he pressed up against my legs. He does this when he knows someone isn't feeling good. Once when I thought he was getting too warm, I told him to get down. He did... but sat there "asking " to get back up. When I said "ok".. he used his froggy as a pillow. He's my 15lb guard dog.
I agree ...
He does make life better
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Lynx, my non snuggler has been asking to be scooped up and snuggled off an on all day. She doesn't snuggle much, she just cuddles up and purrs for like, two minutes, max and then she's ready to get down.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

for doggies with upset bellies...as recommended by our old vet... a serving of cottage cheese does wonders!!
serving size depends on size of doggie ... For my Lhasa it's 1 or 2 table spoons with his dinner ... for his best friend (100lb chocolate lab) almost a cup with a good high protein dry food.
I've seen this work wonders.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
for doggies with upset bellies...as recommended by our old vet... a serving of cottage cheese does wonders!!
serving size depends on size of doggie ... For my Lhasa it's 1 or 2 table spoons with his dinner ... for his best friend (100lb chocolate lab) almost a cup with a good high protein dry food.
I've seen this work wonders.

Thank you for the suggestion, I haven't heard of that trick! I was thinking maybe a couple of days on boiled chicken with plain rice. That's always worked for Chewy (Lhasa), but Chessie's on a new medication too, so I'll probably see what his vet says about that and its possible connection with his loose caboose...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #18
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

Oh cool idea for a thread!

M little tiger ed, slept with us all through the night. He always does. He gets up a little before we do, I think because he needs to use the catbox or eat. But right when he hears us get up he comes running back into our bedroom and hops unto the bed and wants me to hold him like a little baby. Then when I am holding him and petting him, he starts to drool! I know lovely, right!?

I am so going to miss him while I am away. He is my baby boy!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We have a hall linen closet that doesn't have a lock that actually clicks to secure it and Paco knows this. I found him in the closet again this morning. I'd like to think he was admiring the way I reorganized it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #20
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

ceiling cat (the white kitty) attempted to dig his way under the bedroom door at 4:30 this morning because his bowl was less than half full. He also destroyed a roll of paper towels within the last 24 hours. He has some serious basement cat tendencies.
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets