Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #121
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I’m lazy this morning and don’t want to do my own research (yet), what do you think makes De Blasio stand out as a possible President?
look into his views on why wealth is in the wrong hands ( quite sophisticated argument), health care for undocumented, low wage workers, paid vacations for private sector workers, plus he's tall, nice looking, has a non White wife, and is likely clever enough to find ways to cover up any fuck-ups during his tenure as NYC mayor.
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #122
MsTinkerbelly
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to my best friend 7/3/08, together 17 years <3
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 6,328
Thanks: 29,220
Thanked 22,260 Times in 4,813 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
look into his views on why wealth is in the wrong hands ( quite sophisticated argument), health care for undocumented, low wage workers, paid vacations for private sector workers, plus he's tall, nice looking, has a non White wife, and is likely clever enough to find ways to cover up any fuck-ups during his tenure as NYC mayor.
Thanks!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #123
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

before anyone jumps on me for the "non White wife" reference, take a shot at why i might have included that.
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #124
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Not sure why any gay/queer person would want to vote for Tulsi Gabbard ( never mind all her other stuff )
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #125
MsTinkerbelly
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to my best friend 7/3/08, together 17 years <3
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 6,328
Thanks: 29,220
Thanked 22,260 Times in 4,813 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Not sure why any gay/queer person would want to vote for Tulsi Gabbard ( never mind all her other stuff )
She’s out as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve always been a bit of a “homosexual extremist”.

People can evolve and grow, but her deep dislike of homosexuals, well that is hard to hide.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #126
MsTinkerbelly
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to my best friend 7/3/08, together 17 years <3
 
MsTinkerbelly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 6,328
Thanks: 29,220
Thanked 22,260 Times in 4,813 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
before anyone jumps on me for the "non White wife" reference, take a shot at why i might have included that.
I kind of get it...he probably isn’t a racist, he probably is more inclusive?

Isn’t that a little bit like saying “I have a black friend, so I can’t be prejudiced”?

Am I missing your reasoning? I often miss the point, so............
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #127
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Just covering all the bases. It helps him? It doesn't help him ? Is it the best thing about him?
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #128
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Mike Pompeo to Saudi Prince : "The murder of Khashoggi was outrageous and unacceptable (wink wink )"
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #129
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 29,052
Thanks: 16,315
Thanked 24,350 Times in 10,758 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Mike Pompeo to Saudi Prince : "The murder of Khashoggi was outrageous and unacceptable (wink wink )"


Boy you really hit the nail on the head with this one COLLETTE.........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #130
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
outlander
Relationship Status:
happy
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: deep
Posts: 5,614
Thanks: 17,733
Thanked 16,796 Times in 4,626 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
before anyone jumps on me for the "non White wife" reference, take a shot at why i might have included that.
take a shot? this reminds me of covert racism..why does her, in your opinion, color give him an additional advantage? because he can use her ethnicity as an added incentive to people of color to vote for him? Why see color at all? She's a great asset because she is a wonderful support to her husband and helps him in his work. Her color has nothing to do with it.
__________________
Save Our Oceans-Banish Plastic
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #131
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
take a shot? this reminds me of covert racism..why does her, in your opinion, color give him an additional advantage? because he can use her ethnicity as an added incentive to people of color to vote for him? Why see color at all? She's a great asset because she is a wonderful support to her husband and helps him in his work. Her color has nothing to do with it.
thanks, couldn't agree more

verb:To take a shot at is to try to do something. An example of take a shot at is when everyone is trying to solve a hard puzzle and you decide you'll take a look and see if you can solve it too.

I'm Canadian, maybe we just "take a shot "differently and peacefully.
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 06:22 AM   #132
dark_crystal
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH
 
dark_crystal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 4,937
Thanks: 1,366
Thanked 24,223 Times in 4,209 Posts
Rep Power: 21474849
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Why see color at all?
This is the rhetoric of colorblindess. Diversity education has evolved past this theory. I am not calling you a racist, i am just suggesting an update to your thoughts on this.

LIFE magazine: How Colorblindness Is Actually Racist, By Dani Bostick:
Colorblindness is a common response to racism. More specifically, it is a common response from white people attempting to reject racism. "I am colorblind. I see people, not color. We are all the same." You might even teach your kids this perspective with the best intentions.

Here are ways colorblindness is actually racist:

Colorblindness foists whiteness on everyone. It is another way of saying, "I view everyone as if they were white." Your default color for sameness is white.

Colorblindness strips non-white people of their uniqueness.Your default culture for sameness is white culture. When you encourage your child to be colorblind and view everyone as "the same," you are projecting white on people of who aren't white, negating their experiences, traditions, and uniqueness.

Colorblindness suppresses critically important narratives of oppression. Once you view everyone through a colorblind, white lens, you deny the reality that non-white people face.

Colorblindness assumes everyone has the same experience here in America. When you fail to see color, you fail to recognize injustice and oppression.

Colorblindess promotes the idea that non-white races are inferior. When you teach your child to be colorblind, you are essentially telling them, "If someone isn't white, pretend they look like you so you can be friends." Stripping people of a fundamental aspect of their identity by claiming not to see color is dehumanizing.

Race is not the only factor that defines people. Gender, sexuality, religion, ethnicity, ability, trauma history, and socioeconomic status (to name just a few) are factors that can result in marginalization, injustice, and oppression.

Promoting colorblindness is easy. In such conversations with children, colorblindess eliminates the need to recognize and discuss extremely uncomfortable realities while perpetuating a culture of racism, injustice, and oppression. Be brave. Have the tough conversations. Acknowledging differences is not racist; it is the opposite of racist.
A couple of months ago thee was a controversy about a puppeteer claiming Bert and Ernie were always meant to be read as a gay couple. There were a lot of people who were saying "I don't care if you are gay or straight" and the lesbian comic Rhea Butcher tweeted :"please care. There are a lot of other people who care, and not in the good way"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #133
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis
 
C0LLETTE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,286
Thanks: 13,143
Thanked 12,720 Times in 3,498 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Thanks. Couldn't agree more.
I'm an equal opportunity thanker.
__________________
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #134
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
outlander
Relationship Status:
happy
 
kittygrrl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: deep
Posts: 5,614
Thanks: 17,733
Thanked 16,796 Times in 4,626 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
This is the rhetoric of colorblindess. Diversity education has evolved past this theory. I am not calling you a racist, i am just suggesting an update to your thoughts on this.

LIFE magazine: How Colorblindness Is Actually Racist, By Dani Bostick:
Colorblindness is a common response to racism. More specifically, it is a common response from white people attempting to reject racism. "I am colorblind. I see people, not color. We are all the same." You might even teach your kids this perspective with the best intentions.

Here are ways colorblindness is actually racist:

Colorblindness foists whiteness on everyone. It is another way of saying, "I view everyone as if they were white." Your default color for sameness is white.

Colorblindness strips non-white people of their uniqueness.Your default culture for sameness is white culture. When you encourage your child to be colorblind and view everyone as "the same," you are projecting white on people of who aren't white, negating their experiences, traditions, and uniqueness.

Colorblindness suppresses critically important narratives of oppression. Once you view everyone through a colorblind, white lens, you deny the reality that non-white people face.

Colorblindness assumes everyone has the same experience here in America. When you fail to see color, you fail to recognize injustice and oppression.

Colorblindess promotes the idea that non-white races are inferior. When you teach your child to be colorblind, you are essentially telling them, "If someone isn't white, pretend they look like you so you can be friends." Stripping people of a fundamental aspect of their identity by claiming not to see color is dehumanizing.

Race is not the only factor that defines people. Gender, sexuality, religion, ethnicity, ability, trauma history, and socioeconomic status (to name just a few) are factors that can result in marginalization, injustice, and oppression.

Promoting colorblindness is easy. In such conversations with children, colorblindess eliminates the need to recognize and discuss extremely uncomfortable realities while perpetuating a culture of racism, injustice, and oppression. Be brave. Have the tough conversations. Acknowledging differences is not racist; it is the opposite of racist.
A couple of months ago thee was a controversy about a puppeteer claiming Bert and Ernie were always meant to be read as a gay couple. There were a lot of people who were saying "I don't care if you are gay or straight" and the lesbian comic Rhea Butcher tweeted :"please care. There are a lot of other people who care, and not in the good way"
stop assuming dark, i'm Hawaiian, Japanese, and Danish. I was raised in a multi-ethnic home and experienced racism every single day as a child when i moved to the mainland. I was bullied because i was different and a different color so please save your white splaining about how you know all about it. Your un-evolved covert racism is wrong. I really could care less how you would like to minimize the emotional pain i suffered as a child because of white privilege. Someone's color or lack of color doesn't even register with me anymore in my daily life except when i come here and see it from people who should know better. So yes, i will speak my mind.
__________________
Save Our Oceans-Banish Plastic
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #135
CherylNYC
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Thanks: 8,363
Thanked 6,679 Times in 1,093 Posts
Rep Power: 21474847
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
look into his views on why wealth is in the wrong hands ( quite sophisticated argument), health care for undocumented, low wage workers, paid vacations for private sector workers, plus he's tall, nice looking, has a non White wife, and is likely clever enough to find ways to cover up any fuck-ups during his tenure as NYC mayor.
As a life-long New Yorker I think it's a big mistake to promote yet another New Yorker! Americans have had enough of us, I think. My personal experience is that deBlasio is a prickly, not particularly effective control freak. He also let himself get into a dick swinging contest with our Governor, and nothing about that was/is pretty. If we're thinking strategically, the Mayor's wife, Chirlaine McCray, would be a mixed bag. She's genuine and a pleasure to be around, but her history may be waaay too hard for the average American to support. She was an out lesbian before she met her husband. I think that's fantastic, but I have a low opinion of the average American voter.
__________________
Cheryl
CherylNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CherylNYC For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 04:47 PM   #136
Martina
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
***
 
Martina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,692
Thanks: 12,794
Thanked 17,971 Times in 3,950 Posts
Rep Power: 21474849
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Looks like Bernie might run -- https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ection-1098795
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:12 PM   #137
Martina
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
***
 
Martina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ***
Posts: 4,692
Thanks: 12,794
Thanked 17,971 Times in 3,950 Posts
Rep Power: 21474849
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Candidates courting Wall Street

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...es-wall-street
__________________
"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up" - Lily Tomlin
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:05 PM   #138
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 29,052
Thanks: 16,315
Thanked 24,350 Times in 10,758 Posts
Rep Power: 21474875
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
As a life-long New Yorker I think it's a big mistake to promote yet another New Yorker! Americans have had enough of us, I think. My personal experience is that deBlasio is a prickly, not particularly effective control freak. He also let himself get into a dick swinging contest with our Governor, and nothing about that was/is pretty. If we're thinking strategically, the Mayor's wife, Chirlaine McCray, would be a mixed bag. She's genuine and a pleasure to be around, but her history may be waaay too hard for the average American to support. She was an out lesbian before she met her husband. I think that's fantastic, but I have a low opinion of the average American voter.
Thank you for your post. The last thing I want to see is more men with that "pissing contest" ego in office!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:07 PM   #139
WheatToast
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Metrobutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
Single but not desperate
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Blue girl in a red state
Posts: 229
Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 567 Times in 190 Posts
Rep Power: 18650356
WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
There was a big turnout with a lot of energy at the announcement event. The article shows him on record with support for Medicare for all and raising taxes on the wealthy. Do not know about free college or student debt relief. Strong on social justice and compassionate borders.

We could do worse. Could he win?
He could win if he can get past Beto O'Roarke in Texas, but it'll take some hustle. When he was mayor of San Antonio he pulled off raising city taxes to create free kindergarten for any kid who lives there, which has been a resounding success. He was also instrumental in creating "Cafe College," which I believe is a resource center that helps high school kids get into college. Both Castros are unrepenting liberals who value education, individual rights, they don't take PAC money, and the NRA gave them both F's.
Before she retired, his mom Rosie was an administrator for a large community college district in San Antonio. She managed to earn a master's degree while rearing the twins.
I also think, with all of Trump's hatred for Mexicans, Julian is the living embodiment of a second generation Mexican American, whose single mother and immigrant grandmother worked their asses off to put those twins through Stanford and Harvard Law.
Having a Mexican American candidate would, IMO, serve as a sharp contrast to Trump, or any man in the GOP who may replace Trump in 2020. Julian can run circles around Trump in debates; in history, political science, public works and sanity.
I wonder if the demographics, which depict Latinos as America's most rapidly growing population, will be enough to help this guy win?
What are your thoughts?
WheatToast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2020, election

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018