Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation
Default What do you feel "too old" for?

I was having a conversation with a younger friend, who because she is over (x) years old, believes she is too old for cuddle parties, getting a tattoo,travel, all kinds of things. I came right out and told her that I'm (x+never mind) years old, and blast my age, I'll be doing all those things and lots of other crazy stuff until I die. If you rest, you rust, I say.

I began to think that, except for dressing like my teenage daughter, I'm not really "too old" for much. I don't have the same social needs as a younger woman, and don't get a lot out of clubbing like a disco duck anymore, but it doesn't mean I would never go out dancing. If I made a great effort at getting into shape, I'd run marathons, but maybe flipping around in cartwheels isn't a great idea. I can't eat like I used to when I was younger, but that's a change I wanted to make anyway. But I can't offhand think of anything else.

Are there any activities that someone of (x+y) years is "too old" for, in your thoughts? How many of you have done something like bungee jumping or sky diving, or traveled to some far corner?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i see people my age out there surfing fairly often, but i assume they've been surfing for years. i am definitely too old to start.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

insomnia....

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Rollerskating/blading.

I used to be so good when I was younger. I mean, REALLY good.

Then Mare took me to a roller rink after x-amount of years later and I realized I can't do that anymore. My mind remembered how - but my body said "oh hell no". Now it hurts when I fall, lol. The kind of ouchie that keeps me laid up for days.

I'm sure that if I picked it up and continued to practice it'll all come back, but at this point in my life - it's a been there, done that - and I'm okay with that. But I refuse to never say never.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

yes I cant pull all nighters anymore and still function the following day
but if I was still in Fla I would so still surf. I do skateboard still,but i have skater nephews and a lil one that likes to do stuff with me...keeps me young
Though I found out I can only last like 20 or 30 minutes during a watergun fight and im worn out
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #6
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Tube tops. Of course I was too old for tube tops by the time tube tops were invented Thank Gawd!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default I feel too old to:

To old to do what my first GF & I used to do. We would work a double-shift (7:00AM to 11:30PM) @ the hospital, take a shower in the nurses lounge, get glammed up (hey we were both femmes-it was before I realized butches "did it" for me), we would drive to LA from OC, go to Peanuts (no longer there, but it was a great lesbian bar with dance floor) and we would dance until the bar closed. We would dance nearly every song.

We then would drive back to OC, sleep for 2-3 hours and get up and be at work for the morning shift Saturday morning, from 7AM to 3:30PM.

That is the difference between being in your 20's and 50's! Maybe I should make an "I" statement here- I am sure some 50+ year-old can still do this but there is no way I could physically do this now.

Do I wish that I still could, oh yes. They were fun, fun times!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default speaking of double shifts

I have no doubt I can still work 7a to 11p....even several days in a row

BUT I have my doubts, so I'll suffice to say, I'm too old to pull a double shift going 3p to 7a or worse yet 11p to 3p.

Notice no mentioning of clubbing and working.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Roller coasters and motorcycles. It no longer feels like, "Hey, everybody dies--let's go!"
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Tending bar. (In a dance bar at least.) Anya's mention of Peanuts made me think back....

Hey, Anya, remember:
Rage, Revolver, Executive Suite, The Flame?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Tending bar. (In a dance bar at least.) Anya's mention of Peanuts made me think back....

Hey, Anya, remember:
Rage, Revolver, Executive Suite, The Flame?
Yes I do remember all if them. I went to the Executive Suite frequently because it was close to OC. It is/was in Long Beach-a few years ago drove by @ night saw a group of younger lesbians hanging around outside. They reminded me of my former self. It may still be there. I used to go there a lot.

I have been wracking my brains trying to remember the lesbian bar in Garden Grove, a dive, that all the OC lesbians went to.

I went once, by myself, when I first came out. All the older butches were hanging around by the back door-looked me up and down in my femme heels, etc., laughing saying: "well, well, what DO we have here?" Kind of like I was lost in the wrong place.

Memories...

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Participating in a mosh pit.

Jazzie

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #13
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

i've never gone sky diving, but one of my preceptors recently invited my group and i to go indoor sky diving up in Phoenix in September and i jumped on it. <pun intended>

i have been bridge jumping minus the bungee, so that must count for something!

i am a total daredevil and love extreme sports/activities and i hope i'm never too old for anything. i've done 5k's and halves and love to run but still have a full marathon to tuck under my belt. soon though!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #14
Daktari

Whilst yer never too old to go out clubbing and dancing I only do it nowadays to remind myself why I don't go out clubbing and dancing anymore!
It certainly takes me days to recover whereas once upon a time, when I used to go out on Friday and not go home until Monday morning, all it took was a shower, a hearty breakfast and I felt ready for the week. To be fair, that was half a life-time ago.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

work and chores
I just want to have fun, discover and do silly crazy things because they sound interesting and I think I might want to try them or enjoy them.
work/employment is getting in the way of that. And during the school year I must admit I am physically tired by the time I get home...so my oh lets try this zest is more of a ...oh lets think about that a bit more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ kind of thing.
I dont want to mow the lawn, tend the gardens or any of that stuff,,,well only when I want to not when it wants me to...see the difference?And right now it wants me to do those things once a week and I am more inclined to think once a month....
Old 08-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

contortion... I was up on the roof of the new garden shed I am building yesterday evening, crawling around laying strips to attach the roofing and when I got up to climb back down the ladder, my knees and legs turned to jello. LMAO! I got down and was like jesus god WTF???

I still take on tasks that in my 20's or 30's even were undaunting... I just have to allow a good deal more time to complete some of them and make sure not to take on physically rigorous/ dangerous things when I am less than 100%

( I personally prefer other ways to make "jello legs")
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #17
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Drama.....
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

I am not feeling too kindly toward this topic right now.... I JUST got an email from AARP. Excuse me, but when is that supposed to start???
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #19
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default age

The only thing I think I'm too old for, is being pushed in a baby stroller. Other than that I'm game for everything, where do I sign? What time does the plane leave? Let's go !! Will there be music and fireworks?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #20
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

As long as my body holds up ,even tho it has its problms,im readyto do what ever I want to do..age whats that?
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: