Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation
Default PA Civil Rights Bill HB 300

Received this mail from a friend this morning and need support from residents of Pennsylvania. This bill is to appear on the floor soon....

Yaw: 717-787-3280
Mirabito: 717-772-1314

Attended a Forum last night on PA 300. We need your support.! We have 85-90 votes in congress for PA 300 and need about 105 to pass. I'm asking everyone to write, email or call their representatives listed above and voice their opinion in support of the bill. Urge them to vote yes when it comes to the floor for a vote. Then please ask 5 of your friends to do the same. Our current governor says he will sign the bill into effect. The next governor may not be willing. Time is of the essence!

Civil Rights Bill HB 300 - Would prohibit employment, housing, and public accommodation discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity - currently it is legal to fire someone for being gay and transgendered in PA - if one is not in a town or city that has a local law that prohibits it.

Please please call the phone numbers above if you are a resident of Pennsylvania. We need support and unity on this issue. Thanks so much.

As always, I wish you the best.....
Paul
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

[COLOR="Black"]Hey Paul, good to see you. I don't live in PA but will send an email. It's 2010 in America, USA and we are still asking for meager crumbs from the table of civil/human rights.

I wonder how quickly things would change if one could be fired, denied housing simply because they are heterosexual and/or "gender appropriate?" COLOR]
Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Plato
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
ProVerb
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Plato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up ... PARTICIPATION >>>

Good job at encouraging voters to become involved.
*crossing fingers in CA*
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

ok pa in pa I shall send off my letters n telegrams...
Thank goodness I live int he liberal part of PA...so liberal i forget its Pa and think i am still in jersey

(joke)

dean
Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
ThomasCWaters

How Do You Identify?:
Gay Man

ThomasCWaters is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up PA HB 300 and SB 707

Thanks for posting PaPa! There is plenty of information about PA HB 300 as well as another more dangerous PA legislation- SB 707 on my blog thomascwaters.com.

SB 707 would amend the PA constitution to prohibit same-sex marriage by defining marriage as between one man and one woman. Currently PA prohibits same-sex marriage via a DOMA- like law, but this would amend the PA constitution and build discrimination into it.

We are asking registered voters in PA to send a personal letter via snail mail to their state senators as well as send letters to all the members of the PA Senate Judiciary committee. It is likely that the Judiciary committee may vote on it and move it to the full senate in March where it could pass. The names and info for the members of the committee as well as info about how to find out who your senator is, can be found on my blog.

We are asking for personal letters to be sent because unlike emails, that may be counted, personal letters will definitely be read by the senators. Most senators think that if they get 4 or 5 letters, that it is a huge deal and can sway a vote. Do not send form letters.

While it may take a few minutes to compose and write a letter, and then mail it, the consequences of this passing suggest it is time very well spent.
ThomasCWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThomasCWaters For This Useful Post: