LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Feel free to share all your mods, Laney!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
Body piercing and modification, not so much...but that's just me. My oldest daughter is fascinated by it all and appreciates it as a form of artistic expression.
Thanks Diva! But since it might be something others do not want to see, I will upload the tat pic and just let the others remain private unless someone specifically asks me to see them.

Novelafemme, I am like your daughter. I am so intrigued by how all cultures modify our bodies-whether the reason is tradition, fashion etc. My cousin has a tattoo of the Greek letters of his fraternity; all the guys got it. My neighbor has the Greek letter of his fraternity branded into his arm.

One thing that I really love about piercings is that they are temporary. Now, if someone is gauging their ears etc, that will last but the discs can still be removed.

What truly fascinates me is that what once was "taboo" like tattooing is becoming more mainstream and fashionable-it makes me excited to see what will also become more accepted as time passes

Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

i'm thinking about a tattoo at some point, probably will be a tribute to the 5 family members in my life who have died who meant the most to me ~ still haven't decided yet though

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Next

Guadalupe is my next piece, She'll be in black ink, I am not sure if I am keeping the angel under Her or will I change zie to a muerto the red ink will be on that particular part of the piece, not sure though. She will be traditional though as far as Her facial features and small details that are cultural, bruja, & Aztec.

She'll be my left 3/4 sleeve piece...

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 10-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I have seventeen tattoos . Some have stories to them and others don't.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
izshadow

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:
Single

izshadow is on a distinguished road

I'm covered in tattoos and piercings. LOVE them and LOVE them on any of my partners that I've had. And hope to have a future FTM partner that is covered in them! I consider it art but it also hits my punk/rock/biker look.
izshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to izshadow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #26
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by izshadow View Post
I'm covered in tattoos and piercings. LOVE them and LOVE them on any of my partners that I've had. And hope to have a future FTM partner that is covered in them! I consider it art but it also hits my punk/rock/biker look.
If you don't know who he is, you might crush on Lucas Silviera.... Just sayin'
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few.
- Pegasus (inside left ankle): represents whimsy and living fairytales
- dove (inside right ankle): freedom
- tribal pride heart (outside left leg): well, pride lol
- Anubis (outside right leg that will be an entire legpiece when finished): death and the afterlife
- winged heart (between shoulder blades on back): represents the power of love (romantic, platonic, familial)
- stone dragons (2 different ones, also on back): represent a lil of my intrigue with dragons lol
- another unnamed tattoo on hip that was an idiotic teenage decision (which will be covered eventually)

This will be my Anubis piece once finished:

I've also been getting that "itch" for some new ink. I have some ideas in mind but this really, really hits the spot. I plan on talking to my artist this week and seeing what she thinks. I'm really digging this though:

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #28
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My latest body mod is now viewable in my gallery here. I put it there so that if anyone here does not want to see it, it will stay out of this thread.

It is not a tattoo. It is a cutting. I prefer my body mods to be temporary so that I can do them over again

Oh, and thanks to Diva for making me feel that all forms of self expression regarding our skin is welcome

Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #29
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have a lower back piece with a sun ad moon, lots of flowers, butterflies and the words "I Know I'm Gonna Shine".

I also have an ankle tattoo with a grateful dead bear, flowers, butterflies and the words "Nothing Left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile"

I was really into the Grateful Dead in my younger years and I do regret the impulse tattoo I got on my ankle when I was 18, but it's a part of my forever now

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation
Default More please!!

I have 5!

One on the back of my neck. It is the stick figure of a man holding a canoe paddle over his head. It was the logo of my canoe club that I paddled for.

On my right upper arm I have a band that is tribal. It was designed for me by my friend who is a tattoo artist. It's pretty and femine but large. I love it.

On the inside of my right wrist I have the symbol for a rainbow. On the inside of my left wrist I have the symbol for woman. It was either that or have dyke tattooed on my forhead. When I first came out, nobody believed that I was gay. Cause I didn't "look" it. GRRRRR (whole other thread)

On my lower back I have "Daddy's Girl"

All of mine are black and tribal in origin. I grew up Hawaiian and the hawaiian style tattoos are what really appeal to me. I want more but I don't get anything that doesn't have major significance. Right now I guess I'm not pasionate enough about anything to come up with a new idea. I'll have to wait til something pops into my head and sticks before I can get more. Bummer :-)

I LOVE tattoos.

take care,
julie

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #31
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I have have only one tattoo. It is quite significant to me and I will not get another unless it is for reasons equally as potent. It is an ouroboros (a snake holding its tail in its mouth) between my shoulder blades, its diameter is about 6 inches, and it is black work. The image, or some permutation of the concept is likely as old as mankind. It speaks to all things cyclical, ever lasting, ever renewing. It appears in mythologies throughout the world and in alchemical circles. I commissioned it at a time of great upheaval in my life and it has become a touchstone of sorts for me. I need simply see it and it grounds me.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #32
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
My latest body mod is now viewable in my gallery here. I put it there so that if anyone here does not want to see it, it will stay out of this thread.

It is not a tattoo. It is a cutting. I prefer my body mods to be temporary so that I can do them over again

Oh, and thanks to Diva for making me feel that all forms of self expression regarding our skin is welcome

Cute paw print. I'm not into cutting, as I did that for non-decorative reasons back in my teens, but for those who don't understand the art form, do you care to tell everyone a little about it?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #33
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i have five tattoos:
neda/eating disorder awareness & recovery symbol on my upper right thigh (in blue and red)
om in tibetan script on my right hip (green)
phoenix on my lower back (black/red/orange)
quote by jane goodall on my left forearm (black)
butterfly wings around my girly bits (the only one i got totally cause it was pretty - black, blue, and purple)

and i used to have two piercings (nipples and vertical hood) but i took them out.

i want a bunch more tattoos. one day. when i am more financially stable i really would love a full back tattoo of a tree but i'd probably have to cover up the phoenix for it to look right. so we'll see. i'm not sure if i'd ever get more permanent piercings but i'm fascinated by corset piercings and would love one.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #34
Daktari

I love giving 'girls' corset piercings. Much errrm fun all round...and one blissed out, happy girl to boot.

Not a fan of multiple tattoos on one canvas...Just my preference that's all.

I don't have any tattoos myself, although I am considering one in my 50th year - next year - that is representative of stuffs important to me. The basis will be a frog. I do have some piercings left in however...nipples, nose and a couple in m'left ear. Took all the others out.

I take pride in doing aesthetic cuttings, permanent and impermanent. In my estimation the best I did was ExMrs.D's 'birdy' piece that ran from her thigh up one side of her body to her shoulder. Most of it isn't very visible anymore but the 'birds' I worked on most are still there and will be forever a reminder of what we shared.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Default Just some basic info for anyone curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Cute paw print. I'm not into cutting, as I did that for non-decorative reasons back in my teens, but for those who don't understand the art form, do you care to tell everyone a little about it?
Artistic cutting is a form of body modification that involves using a scalpel to cut a design into the skin. This form of cutting is not the same as self-cutting. This is a form of edge play that is often practiced in the BDSM community.

Scarring may or may not be a desired result and it may or may not happen although technique and aftercare can help prevent/encourage scarring. The design I have pictured here is meant to be temporary as it was only done to teach a class on blood play.

Most people who do this are taught (inadvertently) by the medical community OR who learn at the hands of someone who possesses the skills to do it. Artistic cutting actually hurts less than tattooing-as per my personal opinion and the agreement of people I know who have had both.

Artistic cutting is often very intimate as most cutters will not cut people they do not have some type of a relationship with.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
Daktari

I just logged in before hitting the hay and have seen this. I shall be back on the morrow.

Hasta la vista and all that...
Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #37
Daktari

May I first apologise for being inconsiderate posting here in the first place. I didn't realise this is in the femme zone. Seeing as I'm here and we're talking aesthetic cutting I'll say my piece and bugger off

There are many myths and preconceptions about cutting and aesthetic cutting. Laney has kindly given you a good outline.

As Laney suggested many of us have learned to do this from folks who know better than we do. Those folks may be medical professionals or body mod professionals; I've learned from both.

Speaking only for me I can say categorically I won't cut someone who has a past of self harm. I learned to ask the questions the hard way. I made the mistake once and I hope never to repeat it. That woman wears my mark forever and I kinda wish she didn't. *shrugs* She got it by default, that's for her to live with.

The person I've worked on most is a masochist and an artist. Result!

Cuttings can be anything from very temporary surface scratches through varying depths and permanency, ending with a deeper v of skin cut out which hopefully will leave a raised keloid scar. I tend not to do the very, very deep stuff. I leave that to the folks who know more than I do.

I wish I could post a link to some of the parts of ex Mrs.D's piece but that would be unfair to her. The last time I posted a link to it the piece wasn't finished.

As Laney suggested it's a form of edge play that is taken quite seriously by it's practitioners. Sterile implements and hygiene are imperative...I like that I get to wear scrubs and wotnot too if I'm of a mind to too

Each to their own really. Just don't knock it til you understand it or try it.

...and with that...toodles you lovely lot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #38
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

First of all, I judge no one. I strongly believe in to each his/her own.

I totally understand that there is a world of difference between cutting and aesthetic cutting.

As an RN that has worked in behavioral health most of my adult life and has dealt with non-aesthetic cutters, it just gives me such a visceral reaction that I am not able to appreciate the aesthetics of the art.

I so appreciate the thoughtfulness of Laney in posting in your gallery, not in the thread.

Love you my sisters!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #39
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I LOVE TATS

I have 4 so far....considering my next one...need to find another "strategic" place to put it as my work environment does not appreciate them showing...

I have the word HOT in rainbow on the back of my neck...it is on fire and the letters look like they are melting, and it has two female symbols hanging from it...that was done in an "eff" the world moment

I have my own design of an eagle/phoenix on my left upper arm...done many years ago when I was heavy into the biker scene. (my road name was Phoenix)

On my upper left breast is a heart made of red roses and vines....depicting my love for flowers and my slightly "twisted" ways

And the last one...soon to be covered...is a tiny heart in flames on my upper right breast. That was my first one and I was terrified....ended up discovering my "need" for ink. That will one day be turned onto a dragonfly in purples, greens, and blues....and it will be "landing" on a purple thistle plant.

I also want to do something on my hip, but haven't met the person who may help to inspire that one yet
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #40
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
First of all, I judge no one. I strongly believe in to each his/her own.

I totally understand that there is a world of difference between cutting and aesthetic cutting.

As an RN that has worked in behavioral health most of my adult life and has dealt with non-aesthetic cutters, it just gives me such a visceral reaction that I am not able to appreciate the aesthetics of the art.

I so appreciate the thoughtfulness of Laney in posting in your gallery, not in the thread.

Love you my sisters!

I don't mind seeing cuts, but having a (distant) past relationship with the blade, I couldn't ever venture into that form of self-expression. I am always scared of doing anything to trigger any feelings I had in those years, physically or emotionally.

Laney is right in that tattooing and cutting feel very different. Tattooing doesn't hurt much as long as it's over muscle, not bone or fat, and it doesn't hurt at all afterward. Whereas, from what I remember, cutting doesn't really hurt while you do it, but there is quite a sting once the air hits it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

People all deal with their emotions, their pain, and their art is different ways. What makes body mods interesting is not the finished results, but the stories behind each one. Mine are like a note to self - you're stronger than you think, never forget you're blessed, things like that. For others, there is a memory, a person, a place they never want to forget.

OK, now I gotta get my arm piece finished. LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: