Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fall VERY casual dress/skirt looks?

I'm getting so much help in my "what shall I wear to show my appreciation to my date" thread I figured I'd ask for more!

I'm 53, short (5'3"), curvy (183 nekkid in the morning, and a size 16-20 depending on who makes it) femme who is very quickly recovering from over 11 years of progressively frumpy dressing and looking to expand my wardobe with some essentials (and yes, lingerie as defined in my other thread is an essential). My tits are my best feature,so a little cleavage or a bit of an accent there is always good. But being short and round, there are just a lot of looks that I can't carry off well, plus I just have no overall fashion sense or idea of what might look good.

I'm trying to figure out a fall weather CASUAL date dress or skirt outfit, the type of outfit that would not stand out as totally out of place in a group of people who were wearing just jeans and t-shirts, but would still give me that "look, I'm a GIRL!" confidence boost in a group of generic lesbians (and perhaps draw the attention of a butch in the crowd).

To give some perspective, my summer go-to outfit is a casual above-the-knee soft rayon or light knit beachy shift/sundress and some flat sandals, which doesn't look too dressy in a group of folks in shorts, sleeveless t's and sneakers. But for the life of me I can't think of what would work as the fall/cooler weather equivalent to that.

Ideas? Pictures/links?
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation
Default pay no mind to the simple butch opinion

The long flowly crinkly skirts...oooh what are they called...??
Especially if you have the hips to make it ripple... yeah
...those are nice...
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

maxi dresses! (basic cotton or knit for casual settings.) if it's cool, wear a 3/4 or long sleeved shrug on top
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question :/

what is a generic lesbian?

Faux wrap dress with a boot, if its cool a cute shawl.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

I too am short and round!
I find that if I look on the web pages for places like Forever 21 or Faith 21 and other "youthful" stores - I can then go and find stuff that will fit me - and is slightly less teenybopper at other stores that are also more affordable - like Ross Dress for Less (which is my favorite).

Wrap dresses rule!
Pencil skirts are amazing for showing off curves and defining your waist!
xo

ADG

[
Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you...it means that you do not treat your body as a commodity with which to purchase superficial intimacy or economic security; for our bodies to be treated as objects, our minds are in mortal danger. It means insisting that those to whom you give your friendship and love are able to respect your mind. It means being able to say, with Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre: "I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all the extraneous delights should be withheld or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.

Responsibility to yourself means that you don't fall for shallow and easy solutions--predigested books and ideas...marrying early as an escape from real decisions, getting pregnant as an evasion of already existing problems. It means that you refuse to sell your talents and aspirations short...and this, in turn, means resisting the forces in society which say that women should be nice, play safe, have low professional expectations, drown in love and forget about work, live through others, and stay in the places assigned to us. It means that we insist on a life of meaningful work, insist that work be as meaningful as love and friendship in our lives. It means, therefore, the courage to be "different"...The difference between a life lived actively, and a life of passive drifting and dispersal of energies, is an immense difference. Once we begin to feel committed to our lives, responsible to ourselves, we can never again be satisfied with the old, passive way."

Adrienne Rich
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artdecogoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Dance, it would be good to know what hair- and eye color you have in order to pick out or suggest an appropriate outfit that also looks good on you. Just sayin'....
Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Don't forget to accessorize ....sparkly ring, bracelet.....
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I love to wear skinny jeans with flats and cardigans during the fall time. Since it doesn't get to cold down here in Florida, we can still wear shorts up until January.

I love wearing skirts with tights once it starts getting cold and cute sweaters with flats.

Zimmeh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I'm curvy too, and anything real or faux wrapped is great! T-shirt dresses with a cropped denim jacket is one of my favorites and broom-stick skirts are available in all kinds of great materials from denim to faux/soft suedes.
Rock your curves and be proud girl.

Now, as far as this "generic lesbian"? thang? WTH?
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah girl! A wrap dress that ties at the side of the hip with a plunging neck. I like black, with a cami under for a layered look, but if you got the tatas, werk it! Opaque tights with knee high boots and a contrasting scarf... Throw on some jewerly and you be working it!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
what is a generic lesbian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
Now, as far as this "generic lesbian"? thang? WTH?
I am pretty confident that when Dance-With-Me says generic lesbian, she means a lesbian whose gender presentation does not keep in line with the stereotypical butch or femme gender presentation.

I know the area she lives in well, and the term carries no negative connotation, and it is also rare to see a butch or femme gender presenting individual around that area. Since most often when one sees an attached butch it is with a femme (in that location), and Dance-With-Me is seeking a butch, it makes sense that she wants to signal she is a femme when looking for a partner.

Hopefully, Dance-With-Me will clarify if this is incorrect.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

D.B., yes you are exactly correct and certainly no insult was intended to anyone. Just don't know what else to call the predominant type of Lesbians around here, who actually tend towards being a bit butchy in dress and hair but will sometimes be sporting some lipstick and girly earrings along with that, and who sometimes like "lipstick lesbians" but far too frequently are anti-butch.

Thanks again to all for the great suggestions! I did manage to find one outfit that I liked at Torrid (never went there before, OMFG I could spend SO much money there!!). It's an above-the-knee black straight skirt with lace panels on the side, a long 3/4 sleeve wrap-front sweater, and a cami to go under it. Now all I need are some thigh-high tights and some flats or boots and I'm good to go for at least one fall dare! We may go with a friend of my butch-friend's to what I'm told is a "lesbian dive bar" tonight and I may wear the sweater with some black jeans.

(more on my shopping exploits in my other clothing thread!)
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Fun thread!

Wrap dress? I second that emotion.

Don't know if this is useful for you, but for me, fabric matters a lot—there are "sturdy" fabrics that look slinky, but feel, I don't know. Comforting.

And I always wear a slip. Whether you like the micro-fiber, snug ones or the more relaxed fit nylon or silk slips, they just make everything feel better.

And last, let someone like the experienced professionals at Victoria's Secret size you for a bra. Most women wear the wrong size. I trust those girls to guide me to what works best.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

For attracting Butches........

I would say a knee length pencil skirt, or wrap skirt in a black or darker color. A pair of black dress boots, long that cover your calves, and a v-neck sweater that clings, or top that has a bit of decoration around the neck. (Like a ruffle, or fancy stitch). A v-neck shell would work great, especially if you have a matching cardigan to go over it. If you only have a generic v-neck top(should cling to your curves a bit, but not too tight) you can dress it up with a pretty bright scarf around your neck. The frill on the top or scarf with the top and dark skirt combo will pull the eye upwards and make you look curvy and balanced both on the top and bottom. You don't want to cover your curves up, just showcase them a bit. Put on a pair of dangle earrings. If you have short sleeves, a pretty bracelet also.

http://www.lanebryant.com/sleeveless...3042/index.pro

Here is an excellent site for plus sized/voluptulous women. I love their styles! I am larger on top and sometimes get my tops here cause they fit my bustline better than almost anywhere else.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default More shopping ideas.....

One of my favorite places for great finds is the Macy's sale rack. I mostly wear black, but there are all kinds of yummy style and color finds on those racks. (I know, big surprise I wear black, it's what works my ink so I rock it.) I recently picked up a beautiful black rock-a-billy dress for $22 and 3 tops for $8-10 each. I paid full price for a sweater, but it fell into the category of "must.have.now".

My "vintage" pantie collection mostly comes from Ross. Seriously. I usually can't find a bra there that fits, but panties with a retro flair - Ross and Marshalls are super cheap and super cute. I pick things out and pair them with lace or solid bras from LB or Torrid.

There is some great stuff at Torrid and LB, but other than bras I expect it to only last a season and buy accordingly. Most of the things I get from Macy's are still in my closet years later.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #16
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Fashion tips from a butch to a femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
I'm getting so much help in my "what shall I wear to show my appreciation to my date" thread I figured I'd ask for more!

I'm 53, short (5'3"), curvy (183 nekkid in the morning, and a size 16-20 depending on who makes it) femme who is very quickly recovering from over 11 years of progressively frumpy dressing and looking to expand my wardobe with some essentials (and yes, lingerie as defined in my other thread is an essential). My tits are my best feature,so a little cleavage or a bit of an accent there is always good. But being short and round, there are just a lot of looks that I can't carry off well, plus I just have no overall fashion sense or idea of what might look good.

I'm trying to figure out a fall weather CASUAL date dress or skirt outfit, the type of outfit that would not stand out as totally out of place in a group of people who were wearing just jeans and t-shirts, but would still give me that "look, I'm a GIRL!" confidence boost in a group of generic lesbians (and perhaps draw the attention of a butch in the crowd).

To give some perspective, my summer go-to outfit is a casual above-the-knee soft rayon or light knit beachy shift/sundress and some flat sandals, which doesn't look too dressy in a group of folks in shorts, sleeveless t's and sneakers. But for the life of me I can't think of what would work as the fall/cooler weather equivalent to that.

Ideas? Pictures/links?
I think they sell all sorts of pattered leggings now that fit and flatter almost anyone, then on top a nice tunic length that somehow matches the leggings. And maybe a nice scarf.
Shoes? Got me there all I wear is man shoes. Maybe flats? Good luck & have fun.
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote