Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie FAQ

Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
That's classified.

Please insert another quarter.
i'm not that curious!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #22
Point~Of~No~Return
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Andro-SMILES
Preferred Pronoun?:
Andro~Hey You~Yeah I mean you!~
Relationship Status:
i hold the keys to my heart and i am only willing to give it to one

Point~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST ReputationPoint~Of~No~Return Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
i'm not that curious!

LMAO!

Ok i'll give you 50cents
Point~Of~No~Return is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Point~Of~No~Return For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, I had no idea that different membership levels have different privacy levels, that the "higher" up you are, the less able others are, to see where you visit on the site, if I'm understanding correctly.

Heightened invisibility, then, becomes a kind of reward? That's intriguing. In the city where I live, class differences determine levels of privacy. Having private outdoor space is a luxury beyond what most people can dream of. Even having yoru own room, in many families, is both an experience of privacy and a determinate of class status.

Privacy, exposure—really interesting things to think about.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I did not realize it bothered anyone if members were invisible, now that I know...I will remain visible.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm...I'm a sentinel. I keep myself set on invisible simply because I'm a nerd like that.

I never really thought about it as being "private" though, because I am fully aware that at least SOMEONE (actually multiple folks) can see anything I do at any time.

Whether it be admin, mods or other sentinel members, I am truly *not* invisible.

The minute I post, it's viewable to everyone.

I am exposed the minute I log on to this site, and any other site I visit.

The only way anything will ever be truly private, is if it's kept in your head.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Default All of this is entirely MY OPINION, so keep that in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I did not realize it bothered anyone if members were invisible, now that I know...I will remain visible.
Now see, I'm a little different.

For me, I have that odd, cynical conspiracy theory mind. So when someone says to me that it bothers them that I'm invisible, it makes me wonder why they feel the need to monitor the activities of others.

"I don't like that I can't see you unless you post" for example.

I can understand if folks have legitimate concerns such as stalkers or whatnot, but in general? I see no harm or no issue with folks being invisible. Yeah, I donated and have that option. That was choice. For a long time, I didn't have that option. Did it bother me that others did? Not a bit.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I don't see anything wrong with invisiblity being a perk for paid members. I think people should get rewarded for membership!

I didn't even know paid membership was an option here (I just joined). I must have missed it. Someone said they don't push it and there you go; I didn't even notice it, it's so un-pushed.

It did feel kind of funny when I realized every time I visited someone's profile, I left a calling card in the form of my screen name on their "who last visited" list. I felt sort of exposed.

But on the other hand, I like seeing who has visited my profile—I guess I can't have it both ways (unless I join).

Nice to have a choice...

I have no idea where I'm going with this, just commenting, taking it in.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
Now see, I'm a little different.

For me, I have that odd, cynical conspiracy theory mind. So when someone says to me that it bothers them that I'm invisible, it makes me wonder why they feel the need to monitor the activities of others.

"I don't like that I can't see you unless you post" for example.

I can understand if folks have legitimate concerns such as stalkers or whatnot, but in general? I see no harm or no issue with folks being invisible. Yeah, I donated and have that option. That was choice. For a long time, I didn't have that option. Did it bother me that others did? Not a bit.
I could care less who sees me actually, I just thought it was so freakin cool when I won the lifetime membership and had more options!!! I love options.

I am not and have never tried to sneak around on here lol, but have heard the invisible thing mentioned by several people several times...so some people give wayyyyyyy more thought than I ever have.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I could care less who sees me actually, I just thought it was so freakin cool when I won the lifetime membership and had more options!!! I love options.

I am not and have never tried to sneak around on here lol, but have heard the invisible thing mentioned by several people several times...so some people give wayyyyyyy more thought than I ever have.

So now everyone is making me wonder if I would participate differently on the site, if I were invisible. Is that what we used to call "lurking"? But "lurking" has negative connotations, and I think the invisibility we're talking about here, since condoned, and consensual in that everyone knows the deal, doesn't have any ethical problems associated with "lurking."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
So now everyone is making me wonder if I would participate differently on the site, if I were invisible. Is that what we used to call "lurking"? But "lurking" has negative connotations, and I think the invisibility we're talking about here, since condoned, and consensual in that everyone knows the deal, doesn't have any ethical problems associated with "lurking."
I know that I would be likely to. A lot of times, I will see that someone looked at my profile so I look at theirs. Or they have something interesting to say so I want to check them out further. But, knowing that they can see me look, makes me less willing to do so. I don't want there to be any assumptions about my intent since it is more curiousity than anything else.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I don't care as to who visits my profile, the only one I do care about is my wife. Folks are gonna look folks up to post on their profile page so it automatically shows up, unless one is invisible. It's just an operating feature of the site.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #32
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
Invisibility had no effect on my participation. I lurk whether I'm invisible or not (not in a bad way, I just like the term) lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Can a Sentinel (or above) member see who is invisible? If Apocalipstic is invisible, is she invisible to everyone or just invisible to those who don't have that capability?

I always took lurking to mean following a thread without posting in it.

And then there is 'threading stalking' a person. I thread stalk June because I like to read what she writes.....I have a long standing crush on the poodle and can't help myself....meaning I click on her name and click on the see more posts and then read everything she writes in every thread.

Going to the way back machine and seeing what Toughy posted 10 years ago is an eye opening experience...........laughin.....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

yes but, do you pronounce it, 'prehvacee' or 'priiiiivacy'?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #35
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes i click a name somewhere along the line and end up on a profile by accident, and i figure that could be how they showed up on mine, i have never felt icky about anyone "being" on my page at all, what's to see anyway? Maybe i am just too boring!

i love the *who's online* function, i love that where we are lurking can be seen by anyone. i have made several posts and then sat viewing who's online and saw someone checking out all my posts, made me feel kinda special

i do follow some people because i find them interesting, or want to see what DaddiB is up to
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #36
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sentinels and Lifetime members can see folks who are also Sentinels and Lifetime members, even if they choose to use the invisibility feature. They show up with a * behind their name on the member list to the left for me. The Mods and Admins can see everyone who's online at anytime, even if they're invisible.

dixie* <---like that.

We can also see what folks are doing in the "Who's Online". That's why sometimes you'll get a little note from one of us because we feel you're spending too much time searching the posts of your ex, or your exes new "friend" when we've asked you not to.

Who else wonders what Toughy wants?

*Friend* ? that's cute, my mom still uses that. Hehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #37
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Sometimes i click a name somewhere along the line and end up on a profile by accident, and i figure that could be how they showed up on mine
I do this ALL the time...and always end up feeling like I should leave a visitor message that says "sorry, butterfingers again "
Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #38
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I do this ALL the time...and always end up feeling like I should leave a visitor message that says "sorry, butterfingers again "

me too, sometimes i say *drive by HELLO!!!!*

maybe butterfingers would be better
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #39
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i always click on Toughy's name to see what she's reading. She reads everything and finds the interesting threads. i am way too lazy to do that so i just draft off of her. Seriously, if i didn't stalk her, i woulda missed some good threads.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #40
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I like to refer to Kat as my "Special Friend" she loves that.

I think I have talked about this before, but I'm old, so I will again.

Back on the Dash site, I found the who's online thing by accident and was HORRIFIED that people could see where I was. I always wanted to go into the Butt Sex thread and read it, but I didn't want anyone to see me.

Now, I'll go anywhere.
I didn't even know there WAS a "who's online" on the dash site until this moment (speaking of which I didn't even know what the hell it was on this site, until tantalizing femme pointed it out to me)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: