Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #61
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
You know me, I'm great to take along if you need sticks cleared out of the area you desire to fish! haha.. I bet you will miss fishing for fishsticks with me this summer!

Yes, you do clear away many sticks, lol. I already miss doing things with you. It's nice that we were able to maintain a friendship. Perhaps, you'll come back and visit sometime....so I can take you fishing with me.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #62
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am actually a seasoned angler with uncles that worked on commercial fishing boats and my dad an great outdoorsman. Rasied in South Florida I've deep sea fished, speared fish and trapped them.

Then I moved up north. I was lost! It was whole new type of fishing, fishing in streams and lakes but I was determined to learn it.

yeah this is a fish story...

I get the book, I get the new tackle and bait for my fresh water stream adventure. I set up at a stream, after reading the books, where there was an old broken down bridge. I got my stringer, my buckets, my fisherman's friend and I'm off to catch a bass. I cast my line out into a over hung tree and right away I catch a nice blue gill. I was so proud and even mouth watered think about how good he'd taste back at camp. Yep, I had oil, batter and everything i needed for an awesome fish fry. I am THAT confident in my angler abilities.

So I string Mr Blue Gill up and let him flap in the water to stay fresh until I was ready to cut his head off and eat him. I'm noticing a red looking snake swimming in the water. I don't pay him any mind. I then hear this racket, sloshing.. I run to see what it was. That snake had my fish in his mouth trying to pull him away from the stringer but it was tied and he wasn't go anywhere! I took my pole and started beating him. Not that i would now eat this damn fish but i was so pissed off that I had to beat him. He wouldn't let go. His teeth sunk deep into the side and he pulled and pulled no matter how hard I hit him.

Still pissed off I pull out my leatherman's friend, flip open the knife, walk down to the edge of the water and cut his head off. His body swam away and his teeth still clenched onto the fish.

OMG I have fish stories trying to get that one perfect fish. I've catch trout when I didn't mean to, snagged huge lake trout in my boat while trying to break free from something. I wish I had a video camera to document my fishing bloopers.

But I love fishing. Even when I'm not catching anything. I love getting in my kayak and finding that perfect spot and the watching the water swirl and move, knowing that the big one is just waiting to bite my hook and beg me to eat him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #63
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

See Miami, fishing thread, in case you want to see what others have said about fishing previously. There's a bunch of us that enjoy it.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #64
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

If the weather stays good this coming weekend, R and I are going to check out the local lakes in our town. All I need to do is get a yearly license and I'll be good to go.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #65
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

So much for fishing this weekend. We have an ice storm with snow moving in on top of it. If I was in MN, the hole would already be cut out on the lake and the house would be up keeping the wind out.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #66
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
So much for fishing this weekend. We have an ice storm with snow moving in on top of it. If I was in MN, the hole would already be cut out on the lake and the house would be up keeping the wind out.

awww... sorry you can't go fishin! we have an ice storm rollin in this weekend too.... ick.

ps- Damon wants to go ice fishin with you.
miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #67
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntycingFemme View Post
awww... sorry you can't go fishin! we have an ice storm rollin in this weekend too.... ick.

ps- Damon wants to go ice fishin with you.

When I lived in MN for a year, I worked 2 jobs and never had much free time. My friends there had to coax me out to do fun things. Evry day on my way to work, I'd pass a lake and in the winter, I'd see houses built on them with vehicles beside them. All I could tell my friends was that I'd never go out there with my truck because I would hate to have lose it in the lake. Ice fishing can be fun, if you're with someone that's been doing it for years.

BTW, it's snowing right now, but the forecast says the Carolinas are going to get hit with it. Stay safe, stay warm and stay inside.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #68
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

This is my idea of fishing .....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us8BO_EIrGY"]YouTube- Jumping Fish[/ame]

I particularly love the ones that clock him in the head, lol.
(I know, I'm bad...)

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #69
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
This is my idea of fishing .....

YouTube- Jumping Fish

I particularly love the ones that clock him in the head, lol.
(I know, I'm bad...)

I never saw anything like that before. Never even heard of it. I guess if you're planning a fresh fish fry, it's great or even if you have a large family to feed......still laughing and shaking my head in amazement.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #70
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I never saw anything like that before. Never even heard of it. I guess if you're planning a fresh fish fry, it's great or even if you have a large family to feed......still laughing and shaking my head in amazement.

No fuss, no muss... unless you get fish ick in your ear. bleh. No worms, hooks or lines to deal with. I'm going to try it one day, lol. (And you can bet I'll be wearing a helm.)

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #71
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
No fuss, no muss... unless you get fish ick in your ear. bleh. No worms, hooks or lines to deal with. I'm going to try it one day, lol. (And you can bet I'll be wearing a helm.)

I think you should opt for a bucket on your head. Make it a plastic one and you can cut out eye and nose holes. That way you can still see what's going on without getting brain damage by taking it off to have a little peek.

Do you think one needs a license to fish, if they jump into your boat and you have no equipment with you that indicates you were trying to fish?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #72
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I need to do a little work on my boat trailer, but I'm ready for some southern style pan fishing for sure. I do bass fish some but would rather, fish for pan fish. Crappie, bream, catfish etc... Mostly I catch and release. I only keep what I am going to eat that night unless my buddies are planning a fish fry then as long as it is legal size I'll keep it. It won't be long before the sound of iron thunder can be heard on the river bank and we have a big ole cook out of some kind.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #73
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I need to do a little work on my boat trailer, but I'm ready for some southern style pan fishing for sure. I do bass fish some but would rather, fish for pan fish. Crappie, bream, catfish etc... Mostly I catch and release. I only keep what I am going to eat that night unless my buddies are planning a fish fry then as long as it is legal size I'll keep it. It won't be long before the sound of iron thunder can be heard on the river bank and we have a big ole cook out of some kind.
Blade, I like all kinds of pan fish for eating. Where I grew up they called pan fish sunnys. Any kind of pan fish is a sunny, lol. When I used to go camping, we'd keep enough fish for the nights dinner. Someone would always bring a cast iron skillet, oil and flour. Take a Lil Smokey Joe, light it up, put the skillet on top and fry. There's no fish for eating better than fresh out of the water the day you're going to eat them. Smelt season in Chicago is the same way. Net up down by the lake front and cook as many as you can right where you're sitting. Never take home more than you'll use in a couple days.

The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #74
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I usually fish when I camp cuz I usually camp where there is water. I will wrap the fish in tin foil in a basket and cook it or if I haven't brought all of my camping gear I'll just cook it on a stick over the campfire. Sunny's huh? I've never heard that, cool!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #75
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thinking of fishing as the days keep getting better and better

OK, I think of fishing all the time
Just waiting for a free day to go get a new license
Looking forward to casting out for the first time this year

The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #76
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Anyone fly fish? It is my new passion.... but, I am not so good at it! Any and all advise gladly accepted!

The first thing I am going to do on pay day next month is go get my 2010 fishing license! I am so ready to go fishing!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #77
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck AtLast!!! I've always wanted to take a fly fishing class, just never had the chance to get around to it. I think if I were to give any advise it would be to try to match the hatch. I wouldn't worry so much about laying out the perfect cast but I'd try to put on the right fly. I think fish are concerned with their next meal, not perfect form!!!!

The days are warming and I'm starting to get the fever!!!! My boat needs some work so it looks like I'll be starting the season on the shore, but that's just fine with me!!! Just one bad thing, I've moved and I'm really going to miss my fishing buddy!!!! sigh Ahhh well, I'll have to call her when I'm reeling one in lol

I love fresh fish fried up and I've had it all my life. But the best tasting fish I've ever had was when I've had fish on our Canada fishing trips. The water is so clean up there (and we went wayyyyyy up there) that the fish just tasted better. I highly recommend that anyone who gets the chance should go!!!! I can't wait to go back!

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #78
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Anyone fly fish? It is my new passion.... but, I am not so good at it! Any and all advise gladly accepted!

The first thing I am going to do on pay day next month is go get my 2010 fishing license! I am so ready to go fishing!

Hi AtLast.. I fly fish. and love it. I took a class when I lived in the PNW. We would go to a local park every other weekend on a Saturday... fly fishing poles in hand.. and practice. It truly is an art. I am certainly not as good at it as I am with freshwater. However, it was fun to learn and quite peaceful.

I am so ready to go as well. Freshwater season opens April 1st here. I also catch and release. Our "fish to catch" is the rainbow trout. We have people that travel from Canada and across the US to fish here. I love that people camp up and down the creek and we also have food vendors set up along the long route as well.

Have Fun.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #79
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

AtLastHome,

I am learning to fly fish. It is really hard to coordinate the casting part of it. I took a couple of lessons, but it is really relaxing to do once you get the knack of it down pat. My adopted sister gave me a gift for the last four Christmas' to a place in Farmington, PA called Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. There they have the Orvis flyfishing school. And that is where I took my lessons at. I only had 4 lessons, mind you. But I have found it to be really fun. I can understand why some folks actually spend hours casting in grass for hours trying to perfect their swing/cast as they say.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #80
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fishing Weekend

I'm in Nashville and fish the surrounding areas. I camp right on the bank at a place called Mousetail Landing (About an hour west of Nashville), and we fish all night.

Arkansas has some great stream/river fishing- I've fly fished it some.

I'm planning to go to the Little Rock Butch Femme Planet event in August. Anyone up for a little fishing? I could go a few days early and meet up with anyone who is interested.

I don't really have any butch fishing buds near me, but would love to get a regular fishing outting started up.

Anyone do any hunting?
mountainbikedyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainbikedyke For This Useful Post: