Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, y'all just got me started wondering just how long my SRS letter is going to be good for. I got it back in the first part of 2013. Right now, I don't have the funds to be able to pay for any surgeries, but still, this sort of thing is nice to know, ahead of time.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #182
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper.....thanks for the quick response. I agree Dr. Garramone seems to have the best reputation for top surgery on the East Coast. I like how informational and up front he is about pricing on his web site. I was just thinking if I could easily commute for the surgery, it would save on the additional expenses of flight, time away from home, rooms, meals, etc.. I'll reach out to Skylar for his thoughts. Thanks again for the info. KC
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #183
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Wow, y'all just got me started wondering just how long my SRS letter is going to be good for. I got it back in the first part of 2013. Right now, I don't have the funds to be able to pay for any surgeries, but still, this sort of thing is nice to know, ahead of time.
I can't imagine that if you have continued with HRT treatment that a surgeon would have an issue with any length of time, really. If so, perhaps when the time comes you could contact the therapist who wrote the letter and have a quick "re-evaluation", where they would "resign" their first letter?

Just a thought.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #184
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Dapper! got an appointment with Lawton and I'm extremely excited to see what they offer. Thanks again!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #185
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Thank you Dapper! got an appointment with Lawton and I'm extremely excited to see what they offer. Thanks again!
Awesome! Please come back and report to the thread how it went!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #186
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I can't imagine that if you have continued with HRT treatment that a surgeon would have an issue with any length of time, really. If so, perhaps when the time comes you could contact the therapist who wrote the letter and have a quick "re-evaluation", where they would "resign" their first letter?

Just a thought.
I could, I guess. The problem lies in that she is in Houston, TX, whereas I am now living in Florida, which is a considerable distance away.

Still, the problem is academic right now, until i actually am able to start saving for my needed surgeries.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #187
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
I could, I guess. The problem lies in that she is in Houston, TX, whereas I am now living in Florida, which is a considerable distance away.

Still, the problem is academic right now, until i actually am able to start saving for my needed surgeries.
And the costs are crazy high, unfortunately.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #188
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

As the ability to actually have my top surgery is becoming a very real possibility. I was wondering what the recovery was like for everyone when they had theirs. What was mobility like? How dependent were you, if at all on someone else and for how long? What was the pain level like for you? How hard was it to change any dressings, etc. Being diabetic I know my recovery time will likely be longer than the average person.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #189
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
As the ability to actually have my top surgery is becoming a very real possibility. I was wondering what the recovery was like for everyone when they had theirs. What was mobility like? How dependent were you, if at all on someone else and for how long? What was the pain level like for you? How hard was it to change any dressings, etc. Being diabetic I know my recovery time will likely be longer than the average person.
I felt pretty limited with regard to mobility. I don't know how much of that was "real" and how much was me being extra careful because I didn't want to create a negative situation for myself.

Immediately after the surgery I felt very dependent on the friends who were helping me. After half a day or so, I was able to do pretty much everything for myself. Again, though, I didn't push it.....did little to nothing and let others help when they offered.

I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I was uncomfortable, of course, but the pain wasn't bad at all. And I don't recall having any issues with keeping things sanitary and clean, changing bandages, etc...

I suggest taking off as much time from work as possible, doing as little as possible, and just letting yourself rest, recover, and heal. Sleep is good.

My best...
Old 03-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #190
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and do some reading. I started this thread and asked a lot of questions and got a lot of input plus I was pretty good right away at documenting my recovery.

I think I was off for 7 to 8 weeks. I was an independent contractor and was able to take off during a slow part of the year.

I think the hardest part was the surface area of the scar is so big so during the healing process it did bug me some. More then most the surgeries I've had but it was more irritating then anything especially during the itchy stage of healing.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #191
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The person who agreed to take care of me after my surgery backed out, so I didn't have anyone to care for me post-surgery. However my GP nurse made a few phone calls and arranged to have a visiting nurse check on me, and two meals delivered daily. He visited me once a week for the first three weeks, and was awesome. My mobility was unhindered, I just didn't want to raise my arms the first few days. It was very easy to change my dressings because I laid down in bed to do it. I was not in a great deal of pain and refused my pain medication, I did take ibuprofen though. I was home for six weeks, because my surgeon was unwilling to have me doing the heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which is part of my job, any sooner than that. As some of you might have noticed, I was not pleased with this, but in the end, I understand that it was in my best interest. When I returned to work, it was without any restrictions, and I had no difficulty doing my job. Thinker is correct, rest is good. I spent a great deal of time reading at first, and then started taking walks to help my "cabin fever." I continued to experience fatigue several months after I returned to work, it took awhile to get that anaesthesia out of my system. I actually listened to my surgeon and resumed working out, only after she cleared me to do so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #192
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
The person who agreed to take care of me after my surgery backed out, so I didn't have anyone to care for me post-surgery. However my GP nurse made a few phone calls and arranged to have a visiting nurse check on me, and two meals delivered daily. He visited me once a week for the first three weeks, and was awesome. My mobility was unhindered, I just didn't want to raise my arms the first few days. It was very easy to change my dressings because I laid down in bed to do it. I was not in a great deal of pain and refused my pain medication, I did take ibuprofen though. I was home for six weeks, because my surgeon was unwilling to have me doing the heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which is part of my job, any sooner than that. As some of you might have noticed, I was not pleased with this, but in the end, I understand that it was in my best interest. When I returned to work, it was without any restrictions, and I had no difficulty doing my job. Thinker is correct, rest is good. I spent a great deal of time reading at first, and then started taking walks to help my "cabin fever." I continued to experience fatigue several months after I returned to work, it took awhile to get that anaesthesia out of my system. I actually listened to my surgeon and resumed working out, only after she cleared me to do so.
No kidding! I remember wishing I had returned to work for half-days for the first two weeks. After about 5 hours, I would hit a wall and was useless.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:27 AM   #193
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I felt pretty limited with regard to mobility. I don't know how much of that was "real" and how much was me being extra careful because I didn't want to create a negative situation for myself.

Immediately after the surgery I felt very dependent on the friends who were helping me. After half a day or so, I was able to do pretty much everything for myself. Again, though, I didn't push it.....did little to nothing and let others help when they offered.

I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I was uncomfortable, of course, but the pain wasn't bad at all. And I don't recall having any issues with keeping things sanitary and clean, changing bandages, etc...

I suggest taking off as much time from work as possible, doing as little as possible, and just letting yourself rest, recover, and heal. Sleep is good.

My best...
Thank you. I intend to take a bit of time off work to recover. I was planning two weeks worth of time off, and then from there, working from home for awhile as well, but after reading what everyone has said, it seems like I might have to find a way to take more than that if possible. I have a desk job though, so fortunately, no lifting or anything of that nature, just typing on a computer.

I feel like there is a good chance that I will limit myself in terms of my own self conscious and worries about not wanting to hurt myself, or cause any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and do some reading. I started this thread and asked a lot of questions and got a lot of input plus I was pretty good right away at documenting my recovery.

I think I was off for 7 to 8 weeks. I was an independent contractor and was able to take off during a slow part of the year.

I think the hardest part was the surface area of the scar is so big so during the healing process it did bug me some. More then most the surgeries I've had but it was more irritating then anything especially during the itchy stage of healing.
Thanks, I will certainly be reading back through this thread for sure to get any information, and advice from it that I can.

I am not looking forward to the itchy stage, that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I am sorry to hear that the person who had agreed to take care of you, bailed on you. I am fortunate that my partner will be around to take care of me when the time comes. That and since I am going to hopefully go with a local doctor, I will be able to stay within the comfort of my own home in the first few days as well.

I don't really get cabin fever, so I am fortunate in that regard. I will be perfectly happy to lay around in bed and watch movies all day, and play video games as I doze in and out of sleep.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #194
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Ha, ha. I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to appear rude (like you ...ha!) Sorry, Logicaly, there is a crap load of information on this thread Iit's like...the point of the whole thread), and honestly, to my knowledge every guy who has had this surgery on this site answered in this thread. I can only think of a couple who haven't who have verbalized other places on BFP or the dash site that they got it done.

Read through the whole thread and you may find you have some follow up questions for specific guys. I wrote non stop after I got it done. Pretty much the whole time I was healing. I was an annoyance all over the site at that time!

I don't believe that anyone on this thread (or site, to my knowledge), used Crane. I know this is who you are considering.

I have a "desk job". I did 2.5 weeks. I wish I would have done 3.

I'm glad things are looking good for you to get this done sooner rather than later.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #195
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Blaze, what happened at your appointment? I know it was a while ago.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #196
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha, ha. I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to appear rude (like you ...ha!) Sorry, Logicaly, there is a crap load of information on this thread Iit's like...the point of the whole thread), and honestly, to my knowledge every guy who has had this surgery on this site answered in this thread. I can only think of a couple who haven't who have verbalized other places on BFP or the dash site that they got it done.

Read through the whole thread and you may find you have some follow up questions for specific guys. I wrote non stop after I got it done. Pretty much the whole time I was healing. I was an annoyance all over the site at that time!

I don't believe that anyone on this thread (or site, to my knowledge), used Crane. I know this is who you are considering.

I have a "desk job". I did 2.5 weeks. I wish I would have done 3.

I'm glad things are looking good for you to get this done sooner rather than later.
Originally I was going to repost stuff but then there was way too much.

I know I documented stuff immediately like the day after and two weeks after and i'm not sure after that cause I stopped reading. But I did it as it happened so it would be fresh. Cause honestly 5 years later I really don't remember. I know a lot of the people here even had theirs prior to me.

I personally don't usually like going back and reading things out of laziness but I went back and looked and there was just way too much info and good info to repost.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #197
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally I was going to repost stuff but then there was way too much.

I know I documented stuff immediately like the day after and two weeks after and i'm not sure after that cause I stopped reading. But I did it as it happened so it would be fresh. Cause honestly 5 years later I really don't remember. I know a lot of the people here even had theirs prior to me.

I personally don't usually like going back and reading things out of laziness but I went back and looked and there was just way too much info and good info to repost.
I was thinking the exact same thing (rewriting). I also thought about not remembering it all. I was just saying that to TF. It feels so long ago even though for me it was only a year and a half ago.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #198
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Logically, the only itchiness I had was from the tape Garramone uses on top of the bandages. I didn't have itchy incisions.

You should look on youtube for other guys who went to Crane to find out his post op instructions. You can't go by Brownstein. Brownstein used drains and Crane doesn't so he may have changed other things.

Do you know if Crane requires a surgical vest after bandage removal?

Old 03-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #199
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Logically, the only itchiness I had was from the tape Garramone uses on top of the bandages. I didn't have itchy incisions.

You should look on youtube for other guys who went to Crane to find out his post op instructions. You can't go by Brownstein. Brownstein used drains and Crane doesn't so he may have changed other things.

Do you know if Crane requires a surgical vest after bandage removal?
I am not sure if he does require a vest or not. I haven't read anything about that yet. I am just really starting to look into it now that I know my Financials will support it and we have a plan in place for it. I have seen some pictures of his work on trans bucket and it none of the guys said anything about the vests and their results have also looked awesome.

I am hoping to sit down some time this week and go through some videos guys have posted and start coming up with questions that I need to research and for the surgeon for when I schedule a consult.

I also just want to say that I appreciate what everyone has been posted. I do fully intend to go back and read the entire thread as I know a lot of you have documented your experience rather well. I just figured by asking again it would start the thread going again and invite new people that maybe haven't posted their experience yet to jump in and post too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #200
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
I am not sure if he does require a vest or not. I haven't read anything about that yet. I am just really starting to look into it now that I know my Financials will support it and we have a plan in place for it. I have seen some pictures of his work on trans bucket and it none of the guys said anything about the vests and their results have also looked awesome.

I am hoping to sit down some time this week and go through some videos guys have posted and start coming up with questions that I need to research and for the surgeon for when I schedule a consult.

I also just want to say that I appreciate what everyone has been posted. I do fully intend to go back and read the entire thread as I know a lot of you have documented your experience rather well. I just figured by asking again it would start the thread going again and invite new people that maybe haven't posted their experience yet to jump in and post too.
Voloshin had a binder, just one of those wrap around ones, that they supplied and was on following surgeryl
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post: