Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fears/Phobias?

What are you afraid of? Public speaking, tight spaces, spiders? Here's the place to discuss your fears and phobias...if you dare.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fear

I do not like snakes. I dont care what anyone says im not touching that damn thing. TY
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
I do not like snakes. I dont care what anyone says im not touching that damn thing. TY
I second that motion and raise it one by adding that the only good snake is a dead one and I don't care what kind of snake it is either.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I'm afraid of heights. Well...actually afraid is a bit mild, I have full-blown panic attacks. The strange thing is, I love roller coasters, and have no problem on them, no matter how high they are, but it is only recently that I was able to force myself to ride escalators. And I can only step on the down escalator if I'm not looking down. I can't climb high ladders without starting to shake, or look over the side railings of staircases, and when driving across a bridge I have to be on the inside lane and white knuckle it until I'm across. But...I have no trouble flying and love to sit in the window seat on planes. My fear of heights is totally bizarre and arbitrary and without logic or reason.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

I fear one thing and one thing only....any kind of harm coming to my child. I once read having a child is like letting your heart walk around outside your body. This is so true.

If I were to list a second fear it would be to cause another harm. Especially in a vehicle accident, etc.

Katniss~~(as to snakes, heights, speed, heartbreak, etc.....bring it!)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

1. Crane Flies
2. Heights
3. Losing the ability to take care of myself.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I'm afraid of heights. Well...actually afraid is a bit mild, I have full-blown panic attacks. The strange thing is, I love roller coasters, and have no problem on them, no matter how high they are, but it is only recently that I was able to force myself to ride escalators. And I can only step on the down escalator if I'm not looking down. I can't climb high ladders without starting to shake, or look over the side railings of staircases, and when driving across a bridge I have to be on the inside lane and white knuckle it until I'm across. But...I have no trouble flying and love to sit in the window seat on planes. My fear of heights is totally bizarre and arbitrary and without logic or reason.
I don't feel so alone or illogical!

*Love roller coasters, but down escalators or super steep up ones make me search for the elevator (which I also don't like, but dislike the least?). It's only been in the last few months that I can do a down escalator at all.

*Hate bridges, ladders, narrow cliffs (hard when most of your rocks are on cliffs), narrow stairs, stairs with the back of the step knocked out so it's just the step.

*Balloons. I don't like it when they pop. I can't stand next to a carnival game with balloons of any kind. I forbid anyone to bring a balloon in my house.

*I think the balloon thing is related to my fear of explosions and loud noises. Even in a movie, when there's a threat of an explosion (nearly any action movie, anything with gasoline, fire, etc.) I'm plugging my ears and whimpering in my seat like a puppy until explosion all gone. Needless to say, this limits the movies I'll watch.

*Mushrooms. I can be around mushrooms in the store, but start to get antsy around the ones with big caps. But out in the wild, forget it. I will go to any length to go around a mushroom, or to avoid sitting on a log with fungus on it.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
I don't feel so alone or illogical!

*Love roller coasters, but down escalators or super steep up ones make me search for the elevator (which I also don't like, but dislike the least?). It's only been in the last few months that I can do a down escalator at all.

*Hate bridges, ladders, narrow cliffs (hard when most of your rocks are on cliffs), narrow stairs, stairs with the back of the step knocked out so it's just the step.

*Balloons. I don't like it when they pop. I can't stand next to a carnival game with balloons of any kind. I forbid anyone to bring a balloon in my house.

*I think the balloon thing is related to my fear of explosions and loud noises. Even in a movie, when there's a threat of an explosion (nearly any action movie, anything with gasoline, fire, etc.) I'm plugging my ears and whimpering in my seat like a puppy until explosion all gone. Needless to say, this limits the movies I'll watch.

*Mushrooms. I can be around mushrooms in the store, but start to get antsy around the ones with big caps. But out in the wild, forget it. I will go to any length to go around a mushroom, or to avoid sitting on a log with fungus on it.
Ohhhh...those stairs! I know just the kind you mean (I call them hollow stairs). Ugh!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
It could be a sensory processing thing. You seem to be okay with heights when you're strapped in but not when you're in control. Believe it or not, that makes sense to me.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
It could be a sensory processing thing. You seem to be okay with heights when you're strapped in but not when you're in control. Believe it or not, that makes sense to me.
You may be right....I've noticed that when I'm sitting it seems to be less of a problem than when standing. Who knows? Maybe the processing area of my brain is just a tad off when it comes to heights and height perception.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Mine:
  • Hornets/Bees - (I can't stand the buzzing sound. Arrgh!)
  • House Centipedes - (The way these things move is just unnatural!)
  • Being Questioned - (I pretty much go all wide-eyed and mute when someone questions me. It's a trigger.)
  • Driving on Highways - (Sensory processing thing.)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

places with a lot of people, i feel like they are sucking the air out and the walls are going to implode

being in the back of a building.. i always check to see where exits are
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #13
Velvetkitten
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bratty Daddys girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Girl,Girl, friend
Relationship Status:
My soul is torn leave be

1 Highscore

Velvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST Reputation

Spiders...I don't care how small YOU think it is to me it's the size of a tarantula(which I had fall on me once in my car..yes jumped out of a moving vehicle tvm)..please take it outside...

Heights but depends

Tight spaces like tunnels especially underwater ones...trust me you don't want to be a passenger as I am driving through the tunnel from Logan airport in Boston.. Passenger: Did that speed limit say 45? ME: Umm No It's 80

Clowns..No Thanks

But snakes, bugs or snarling animals bring it on...
Velvetkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Velvetkitten For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Getting a paper cut in my eye.

It could happen, it's possible, although I worry over it way more than is necessary considering the likelihood.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #15
femm_cb

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BITCH

femm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputation
Red face The heeby jeebies

Living in Florida, my biggest fear is aligators and snakes.

When my son came to visit me last summer, he wanted to go to Gatorland Zoo. I had to put my big girl panties on and take him. But before I walked into the park, I took a xanax to calm me down. True story!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
Daktari

Big things in the sea. I won't name them because then I'll be thinking of them

Heights - sitting or standing. Standing is worse though and have had some scary bouts of vertigo in beautiful places

Snakes

All totally irrational.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I'm with Daktari re. big things in the sea. When something unseen bumps my leg it freaks me the hell out. Having said that, it doesn't keep me out of the water; it just propels me quickly out should an encounter occur.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I've got several. A couple years ago a special friend helped me conquer a major one. That gave me the strength and determination to decide to face the others and conquer them too as they surface or I have the opportunity...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

In addition to my sporadically bizarre fear of heights that I've already posted about....I have another totally irrational fear. Sharks. I've never encountered a shark (outside of an aquarium...and we won't go into the problems I caused in the "shark tunnel" at Seaworld), however, the fear is so real to me that when I go swimming in a pond, lake, river, or stream....I make sure someone else goes in first (my theory being that the shark will get them first...and then I'll know not to go in LOL). And yes...that is totally irrational behavior, because I'm even compelled to do it in bodies of water where my rational, logical mind insists that it is impossible for a shark to exist there. Doesn't matter...the illogical, lizard brain takes over. And I NEVER swim in the ocean....ever (which grieves me because I LOVE the ocean).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Snakes and spiders poping up out of the blue can cause a panic attack,but if I see then first I can deal with them for the most part.High places,the higher I get the worse my vertago gets...people who startle me suddenly will kick in flight or flight defence with me that can get then a telling off, I haven't punched anyone out over it...yet.real close tight places...I have an MRI comeing up Thursday so loud music and breathing exersises usely work.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:

Tags
fears, phobias