Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Nat -

I like the way you are thinking about this Target issue. Buy the shirts only. When I was reading your post and saw where you said that you were changing your mind on it I thought about how I still felt icky about shopping there. When I saw you say buy the shirts only, that made sense to me!

+1 to JcPenney's. The problem is that I don't like their clothing. I haven't been in one of their stores since I was a kid though (with mom...who, of course, calls it Penney's like many other women her age!), so I will have to go and see what else they carry.
Aside from a few items I've never had great luck with Penney's clothes fitting my body right. In one outfit, something will be too tight one place, too loose another, too low in one place, too high in another.

There's got to be something they sell that's alright. Maybe dishes? Or how about those nice
Phoebe Accent Table & Floor Lamps

Target still makes me feel icky too.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl

Last edited by Nat; 05-26-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #2482
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
SAN FRANCISCO—A judge in California has ruled that the federal law that prohibits recognition of same-sex unions is unconstitutional because it denies long-term health insurance benefits to legal spouses of state employees and retirees.

U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken also concluded Thursday that a section of the federal tax code that made the domestic partners of state workers ineligible for long-term care insurance similarly violates the civil rights of people in gay and lesbian relationships. Both laws were based on what she called "moral condemnation" of same-sex couples.

"Congress's restriction on state-maintained long-term care plans lacks any rational relationship to a legitimate government interest, but rather appears to be motivated by antigay animus," Wilken wrote in ordering the California Public Employees' Retirement System to allow current and former state employees to enroll their same-sex spouses and partners in the extended care plan.

Congress passed both laws that the Oakland, Calif.-based judge determined to be constitutionally suspect in 1996, when the gay rights movement was just beginning to push for the state and local benefits that come with marriage. She is the second federal judge in California this year to conclude that the Defense of Marriage Act violates the due process rights of legally married same-sex couples.

A San Francisco judge also declared the federal law unconstitutional in February in a separate case involving a federal court employee, who married during the brief period when same-sex marriages were legal in California, was not allowed to add her wife to her regular employer-sponsored health care plan. That ruling is under appeal and is scheduled to be heard by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in September.

"Lesbian and gay couples are entitled to fair and equal treatment from the federal government," Elizabeth Kristen of Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center, which sued the U.S. Treasury Department and California's pension plan two years ago on behalf of three same-sex couples. "Judge Wilken's ruling ensures that both same-sex spouses and registered domestic partners will be treated fairly with respect to the CalPERS long-term care insurance program."

Lawyers representing a House of Representatives committee that has taken on the job of defending the Defense of Marriage Act in court since the Obama administration said it no longer would did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. Wilken said she would stay her decision in the event of an appeal.

The program to which the plaintiffs in the case Wilken decided are seeking access covers the cost of in-home care and other services for people who need help with basic daily tasks because of age, injury or chronic conditions such as Alzheimer's disease.

In seeking to end their exclusion from the program, the same-sex couples had argued that state workers and retirees are allowed to enroll not only heterosexual husbands and wives, but siblings and step-siblings, nieces and nephews, in-laws and stepparents.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...--+Latest+news
This as well as other CA decisions have been positive for our cause, yet, I always get annoyed with Judges making the decision- and then staying them! Yes, appeals will most likely be coming for decades (I honestly think the right will keep this up until an actual amendment to the federal constitution states that marriage is a genderless state of relationship and specifically state it is also between same-sex partners- which will certainly not happen in my lifetime), but the addition of these stays gives off the impression that there is doubt in the decision as well as continues to keep these important benefits from people.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #2483
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Election issue for fall 2012 (a priori ) | WSJ article

I have no doubt in my mind that this item of interest will largely determine who is seated with Presidential power in the up and coming election this fall. Check very closely how the text in this WSJ article is construed. Also take a close look on what it means for those who are married (the lovely little marriage debate of the century - Harsher Marriage Penalties).

* I rest my case *

(for the moment)

Preparing for the End of the Bush Tax Cuts

-BILL BISCHOFF

The Bush-era tax cuts—enacted in 2001 and 2003—are scheduled to expire at the end of this year. Unless Congress acts, most taxpayers will see rate and other increases.
Here is what taxpayers should expect if it doesn't—with the caveat that anything could happen as the presidential election season heats up.
Higher Tax Rates for All

You might think only individuals in the top two brackets will face higher federal income taxes if the Bush cuts evaporate as scheduled on Jan. 1, 2013. But unless Congress takes action and the president (whoever that is) goes along, rates will go up for everyone.
President George W. Bush signs tax-cut legislation in June 2001.

Specifically, the existing 10% bracket will go away, and the lowest "new" bracket will be 15%. The existing 25% bracket will be replaced by the new 28% bracket; the existing 28% bracket will be replaced by the new 31% bracket; the existing 33% bracket will be replaced by the 36% bracket; and the existing 35% bracket will be replaced by the 39.6% bracket.
Higher Capital Gains and Dividend Taxes

Right now, the maximum federal rate on long-term capital gains and dividends is 15%. Starting next year, the maximum rate on long-term gains is scheduled to increase to 20% (or 18% on gains from assets acquired after Dec. 31, 2000, and held for over five years). The maximum rate on dividends will skyrocket to 39.6%.
People in the lowest two rate brackets of 10% and 15% currently pay 0% on long-term gains and dividends. Starting next year, they will pay 10% on long-term gains (or 8% on gains from assets acquired after Dec. 31, 2000, and held for over five years) and 15% and 28%, respectively, on dividends.
Harsher Marriage Penalty

The Bush tax cuts included several provisions to ease the so-called marriage penalty, which can cause a married couple to pay more in taxes than when they were single.
Right now, the bottom two tax brackets for married joint-filing couples are twice as wide as those for singles. This helps keep the marriage penalty from biting lower- and middle-income couples. Starting next year, the joint-filer tax brackets will contract, causing higher tax bills for many couples.
Currently, the standard deduction for married joint-filing couples is double the amount for singles. Starting next year, the joint-filer standard deduction will fall back to about 167% of the amount for singles.
All this means that many lower- and middle-income couples are facing higher tax bills due to a harsher marriage penalty.
Return of Phase-Out Rules for Itemized Deductions

Before the Bush tax cuts, a phaseout rule could eliminate up to 80% of a higher-income individual's itemized deductions for mortgage interest, state and local taxes and charitable donations. The rule was gradually eased and finally eliminated in 2010.
Next year, the phaseout will be back in full force unless Congress takes action and the president approves. So, if you itemize and have 2013 adjusted gross income above about $175,000 (or about $87,500 if you use married-filing-separate status), get ready for this phaseout rule to take a bite out of your wallet.
Return of Phase-Out Rule for Personal Exemptions

Another pre-Bush phaseout rule could eliminate some or all of a higher-income individual's personal-exemption deductions. (For 2012, such deductions are $3,800 each.) The rule was gradually cut back and finally eliminated in 2010. But it will be back next year barring action in Washington.
So you need to be ready for yet another bite out of your wallet if you are a married joint-filer with 2013 adjusted gross income above about $265,000.
If you are single, the magic number will be about $175,000. If you use head-of-household filing status, watch out if your 2013 adjusted gross income exceeds about $220,000.
Some Bush Tax Cuts Are Likely to Be Continued

Some elements of the Bush tax cuts have bipartisan support and will likely be continued beyond this year.
Examples include inflation-indexed alternative minimum tax, or AMT, exemption amounts, the ability to use nonrefundable personal tax credits to offset your AMT bill and the deduction for qualified higher-education tuition and fees.
The current versions of the child tax credit, earned-income credit, dependent-care credit and adoption credit also are more likely than not to be continued. The Bush tax-cut legislation liberalized these credits, and later legislation liberalized them even more.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #2484
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Aside from a few items I've never had great luck with Penney's clothes fitting my body right. In one outfit, something will be too tight one place, too loose another, too low in one place, too high in another.

There's got to be something they sell that's alright. Maybe dishes? Or how about those nice
Phoebe Accent Table & Floor Lamps

Target still makes me feel icky too.
That's because you have beautiful and long legs. As a short, pear-shaped woman, Penney's has helped me quite a bit with clothing options.

I used to work for Target.

Years ago.

I've never liked the whole 'we'll donate 5% of your purchase' thing when they raise the prices more than 5% to compensate for that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #2485
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The things you find out in the Wall Street Journal.....

I like picking up the WSJ now and then. I always find something out about the government I didnt know and probably didnt even want to know.

Friday, they had an article on the USDA. Did you know the USDA is in the mortgage business? The USDA Rural Housing Program provides mortgage loans to rural homeowners and guarantees loans made by banks to rural homeowners. It accounted for almost a third of all mortgages issued in 2010 in sparsely populated areas.

Overall it is a small player in the market holding or backing approx a million loans totalling 84.4 billion - less than 1% of the 9.4 trillion in US mortgage debt.

But, since the mortgage crisis began in 2007, the USDA loan volumes have tripled. The agency guaranteed 16.9 billion in loans in 2011 and issued 1.1 billion in direct loans.

The agency started making loans to farmers in 1949, then expanded to other rural residents.

They allow borrowers to finance up to 102% of a homes value. And, most borrowers are low and moderate income homeowners vulnerable to job losses and falling home values.

12% of its guaranteed loans and 17% of its direct loans are delinquent or in foreclosure.

At issue in this article was the debt collection practices of the USDA. By law, they can begin going after delinquent homeowners without a court process. They can take tax refunds, seize up to 15% of social security benefits, garnish up to 15% of take home wages, and tack on 28% to cover collection costs.

On guaranteed loans, they can and do go after leftover loan money after a foreclosed property has been sold for less than was owed - a practice commercial banks stopped.

They also will allow people to stop payments even up for a couple of years in hardship cases BUT they up the payments when they resume so the loan is still paid off in the contracted length of time.

Interesting.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #2486
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
I like picking up the WSJ now and then. I always find something out about the government I didnt know and probably didnt even want to know.

Friday, they had an article on the USDA. Did you know the USDA is in the mortgage business? The USDA Rural Housing Program provides mortgage loans to rural homeowners and guarantees loans made by banks to rural homeowners. It accounted for almost a third of all mortgages issued in 2010 in sparsely populated areas.

Overall it is a small player in the market holding or backing approx a million loans totalling 84.4 billion - less than 1% of the 9.4 trillion in US mortgage debt.

But, since the mortgage crisis began in 2007, the USDA loan volumes have tripled. The agency guaranteed 16.9 billion in loans in 2011 and issued 1.1 billion in direct loans.

The agency started making loans to farmers in 1949, then expanded to other rural residents.

They allow borrowers to finance up to 102% of a homes value. And, most borrowers are low and moderate income homeowners vulnerable to job losses and falling home values.

12% of its guaranteed loans and 17% of its direct loans are delinquent or in foreclosure.

At issue in this article was the debt collection practices of the USDA. By law, they can begin going after delinquent homeowners without a court process. They can take tax refunds, seize up to 15% of social security benefits, garnish up to 15% of take home wages, and tack on 28% to cover collection costs.

On guaranteed loans, they can and do go after leftover loan money after a foreclosed property has been sold for less than was owed - a practice commercial banks stopped.

They also will allow people to stop payments even up for a couple of years in hardship cases BUT they up the payments when they resume so the loan is still paid off in the contracted length of time.

Interesting.
That IS interesting to know. I already knew they provided loans because I was considering that kind of loan for the home I just bought. I ended up saving up enough of a down payment so I didn't need a USDA loan, but I was told about a year ago that a USDA loan was the best option if you're cash-poor but pay your bills, etc. The town I used to live in was too big to qualify, so some agent or other recommended I look in surrounding areas. After reading this post, I'm glad I didn't end up with a USDA loan, though "god willing and the creeks don't rise," I don't plan to go into default.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 05-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #2487
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That's because you have beautiful and long legs. As a short, pear-shaped woman, Penney's has helped me quite a bit with clothing options.

haha we can pretend that's why if you'd like.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #2488
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Cynthia Nixon Marries Girlfriend Christine Marinoni
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #2489
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
anyone else sickened by the comments?
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #2490
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Home Depot tells anti-gay hate group AFA what they can do with their petition

Executives at The Home Depot gave a cool reception to representatives of the anti-gay hate group American Family Association at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Atlanta this week.

The AFA recently called for a nationwide boycott against The Home Depot because it says the home improvement retailer continues to “promote the homosexual agenda.”

AFA Executive Vice-President Buddy Smith, and Director of Special Projects Randy Sharp, said they were rebuffed by Home Depot Chairman Frank Blake and other company executives for challenging their “corporate endorsement” of marriage equality and LGBT rights.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #2491
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I just don't read the comments anymore unless I want to lose all faith in humanity

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #2492
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

How many times have I told you not to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I just don't read the comments anymore unless I want to lose all faith in humanity

Exactly!
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #2493
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

HISTORIC: Federal appeals court strikes down DOMA

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2012/...kes-down-doma/
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #2494
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Brazil's new bill criminalizes homophobia

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/b...mophobia290512

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #2495
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...12/06/01/40438

Zimmerman's bail revoked, he has 48 hours to turn himself into authorities.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #2496
Girl Friday

How Do You Identify?:
Maryanne (with a little bit of The Professor and some Ginger thrown in)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Girl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST ReputationGirl Friday Has the BEST Reputation

Disney World 'Gay Days' To Be Protested By Florida Family Association Planes

"...same-sex revelry"

(pause)

Same-sex revelry? I am sooooo putting that on my Gay Agenda. Hanging out at Disney with similarly-bodied or similarly-gendered people and enjoying myself. Dang if Disney doesn't have their work cut out for them though. If they want to have a day like that that includes everyone with cash enough to afford them, by the time they're done categorizing and pigeon-holing there won't be a free day left for the bigots to pay for the right to sing "It's a Small World".

Better Disney should just put up a big sign that says they reserve the right to refuse service to segregationists. Then everyone can relax and the bigots can go build their own Big Happy Non-Gay Park.

Any corporation who wants to waste their time flying anti-'mo banners over (possibly) the GAYEST place on the planet deserves to be kicked out of the Zealots And Nutjobs You-nion. (Yep. That's just Z.A.N.Y.)
Girl Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl Friday For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #2497
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

The Gay Selma: Schools Ignore Gay Bullying at Their Own Peril

http://www.sfweekly.com/2012-05-30/n...ti-dan-savage/

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #2498
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Church’s billboard says ‘I’m sorry’ to gay people in North Carolina weeks after state passes same-sex marriage ban

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1wgphTqv5

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1087620

Old 06-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #2499
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Argentina's gender ID law takes effect

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina—Transsexuals have been lining up in Buenos Aires to be the first to take advantage of Argentina's groundbreaking gender-identity law. It allows people to change their names and sexes on official documents without first getting approval from a judge or a doctor.

No other country in the world allows people to change their official identities based merely on how they feel. Many other countries including the United States require people to undergo painful sex change operations or hormone therapy, and present psychiatric records showing they have a syndrome known as "gender identity disorder."

Argentina's gender identity law won congressional approval with a 55-0 Senate vote last month and went into effect Monday.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/lat...--+Latest+news

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #2500
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

California Gay-Marriage Case on Path to Supreme Court

SAN FRANCISCO—The Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals on Tuesday declined to rehear arguments over California's ban on gay marriage, which the court invalidated in February. The decision sends the case on a trajectory to the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Tags
breaking news, news