Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #1061
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

bending my elbow many times ... from the Brownie Brittle bag to my pie-hole

at this moment, feeling sickly from too much Brownie Brittle today, did it to myself, couldn't stop

may need to join a 12-step BB group

"I am powerless over Brownie Brittle and my life is unmanageable"

Okay, okay I will quit fooling around ... I wanted to walk the dogs today but it rained the entire day. I plan to walk them a lot over the holidays so I can re-establish routine. They enjoy it so much and it is good exercise for all 3 of us.

RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #1062
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

I've been off my game. It's the holidays and too many changes going on. Sigh.... This new job has made it necessary to change my routines in a significant way and I'm giving myself time to get used those changes then get gym and tennis back in the mix. It's bad...I don't even have the desire to go hit yellow fuzzy balls right now.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #1063
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have been fighting the holiday weight gain,so far I have kept it down to a three pound gain going up and down the scale,this is pretty good as I usely gain 10 to 15 pounds.What I have been doing is simply watch what I eat and how much,if I am going to be somewhere that food will be an issue I nearly quit eating anything with carbs in them for a couple of days before the event then do the same thing after.This isn't hard to do but its working so I am o.k. with it.My back has been giving me problems so exersiseing is at a minimum but I do lots of stretching to help me keep from getting stiff with arthritis.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #1064
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

All I can say is today 3 miles on my treadmill was not a good feeling!
WTF!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #1065
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Still on my school break staycation. Today I went to the gym and did my days-when-I-don't-work-or-have-plans routine: two hours on the arc trainer, level 10, with one hour Hill Interval and one hour Strength program, followed by an hour of weight lifting, abs, and yoga.

While on the Beast, among other shows, I watched Millionaire Matchmaker, the new episode where Patti Stanger, the matchmaker herself, gets matched up. Unfortunately I stopped with 20 minutes left, so if anyone knows, please fill me in as to whether Patti ends up with the guy she picked.

While at the gym, I wore a t-shirt that read, "i-tired, there's a nap for that." I worried that it might be a conversation starter at the wrong time, but alas, no one even smiled at it let alone commented

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #1066
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today IslandScout and I took a 2hr 45 minute walk in Riverside Park along the water. The weather was windy and in the 40's with sunshine which looked beautiful on the water.

How do I... ?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #1067
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Today I swam further than I imagined I could: 2 miles. I feel great
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #1068
imadiva

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey
Relationship Status:
Slow and steady ! We are tightly bound !

imadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exercise today !

I purchased an excercise bike and carb cycling book ! IT'S TIME !
imadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imadiva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #1069
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent 4 hours sweeping and mopping today. Besides near blisters on the hands and a sore back, it felt good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #1070
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went to the gym and (you guessed it) was on the Arc Trainer (Level 10) for 1 hour of the Hill Interval program, followed by 30 minutes of the Strength program. I decided to give up on two t.v. series that I was trying out, one was Toddlers and Tiaras (boring) and the other was Doomsday Preppers (also boring). I was disappointed that Doomsday Preppers wasn't better. It's a show about exactly what the title says, a National Geographic series. I did learn that an INCH bag is your "I'm Never Coming Home" bag so it better have everything you need and still not be too heavy for a long trek.

Then I did an hour of weight lifting, abs, and yoga in silence. There's a hip area of the gym that plays music and has newer equipment and is where people are taken who are getting tours of the gym. Then there's another area which is my haunt, where everything is old and dusty, and it's quiet. That's where I've found my home.

I have two friends in the locker room. One is Samantha, and she is an Asian woman whose thing is taking classes. I never take classes. She's the friend I like less than my other friend, but she's the friend who was there today so that's why I'm mentioning her. She sets her mind on a few classes and then sits in the locker room in a dark corner watching television and eating sushi in between the classes. I think it's a little intense how she waits around for those classes. Today she found me in a row of lockers sitting on a bench eating an apple. She said for me to come sit with her while she ate her sushi. She said, "You're eating all by your lonesome." I said, "No thanks, I'm just having a quick apple" (It was true.). She shrugged and walked away. I felt a little guilty but I knew that if I joined her in her dark corner with the t.v., I'd end up being in that locker room for the rest of the afternoon. It's happened before...

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #1071
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

EXERCISE....I shudder at the very word.

That counts right?
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #1072
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ....

3 miles on tread mill,need different shoes
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1073
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today at the gym I did an hour on the Arc Trainer (Level 10, Strength Program) while trying out the HBO series "Girls" (big thumbs down even though I liked Lena Dunham's movie: Tiny Furniture). Then I did an hour of weight lifting and stretching.

While I was on the Arc Trainer today, for the second time in the past few months I saw a woman (a different woman than the first) fall while running on a treadmill. It's really like a car crash when someone is not wearing the "stop" clip that turns off the machine automatically if you fall. Yikes, always indescribable to witness this, and I can't imagine how painful and frightening it must be to experience it. I think people don't use the clip because they think it will not happen to them.

Jennifer's sly tip for the day: If you see someone beside you on the work out mat doing an exercise you want to learn, get into a stretching pose where you can see them and watch as if you're staring past them lost in thought as you stretch. Super sly addition to this tip: If the person seems to notice you watching them (awkward), keep in that pose staring blankly even after they finish, because then they may think, "I guess she wasn't watching me."

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #1074
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Lifted for about an hour today.
I've gone from split routines to
a quasi full body routine. Why?
Basically, I feel better and I like
how the results look...
So, I am doing compound exercises
and mostly shoulders.
Dumbbell bench presses
Seated dumbbell bent over rows
Bent arm barbell pullovers
Dumbbell lateral raises
Arnold presses
Inclined front deltoid raises (thumbs up)
Inclined supinated bicep curls
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #1075
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent an hour fighting a big lock today. My shoulders and back got a good workout.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #1076
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

None today because the gym was closed and the weather outside was too chilly. I decided I'm not really that comfortable walking until it hits the 40's.

Yesterday I did an hour on the Arc Trainer, Level 10, strength program. I watched the Morgan Spurlock (the guy who did the movie "Supersize me") doc show called "30 days." It it someone goes to live with someone for 30 days who is very different from them. I watched a Mormon straight woman go to live with a gay male couple who had adopted foster children. It was a very well-done show. The woman did not change her mind about gay people having kids but it sure was a powerful portrayal of a gay family that rocked. Thumbs up, though I'm going to select only the episodes with a topic that particularly interests me.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #1077
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Today I shoveled snow for half an hour in 17 degrees!
Brrrrrrrr!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #1078
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

How about the exercise that should have been;
I should have started my cardio/run training yesterday.
I should have progressed my strength and conditioning workout plans today.

Instead .. I got a workout that only Mother Nature can provide , shovelling snow and shaving and breaking ice for 3hrs.
A few days later -- catch a cold,
Waiting for it to pass so I can begin.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #1079
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gym: 2.5 hrs yesterday / 2 hrs today (Arc Trainer Strength Program L10, weight lifting, floor aerobics, and stretching)

It was so great to sleep in yesterday. I think getting a solid night of sleep goes a long way in giving the body time to recover.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1080
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

I have been a slacker these last couple of weeks! tsk tsk! so back on the wagon this week... I've got some poundage to lose!! and it's been on for way too long!
I'm gonna go for a walk today and do some hula hooping. I'm focusing on cardio for a couple of months before I get back into weights.
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights