Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #1561
AnAwkwardAccident

How Do You Identify?:
Trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Married

AnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST Reputation

I walked 1/2 a mile today. Will probably take the dog on a walk with my partner later tonight.
AnAwkwardAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnAwkwardAccident For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #1562
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Fantastic workout this morning!

I seem to do well with hard workouts after a night of lost sleep. Not every time, certainly, but enough to notice a pattern. Interesting...

T33 was in a better mood though she still held back on me a little. I could tell. Random program again. Why? Because I bore easily and it naturally shakes thing up. Levels 3-20. Why? Because T33 was holding back and I kept upping the levels in order to feel the same 'work' that I typically do. 1 running interval @ 6.2 mph for 1.5 minutes. Why? Because that's all she gave me before I upped the levels too high to run.

Stats: 519 calories, 3.51 miles, 65:00 minutes

Why?

Because I'm freakin' awesome.

Also, I did a handful of reps on one of the ab machines. Nothing major but just enough to say that I did something.

Annnnnd.....I just came back from another Redbox jaunt, so that's another mile under my belt today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #1563
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Excellent workout, day two!

I went to bed verrrrrry late/early so when my eyes popped open at 6:40something (even though I did NOT set the alarm), I had a stern talk with myself and it took some doing, but I finally nodded back off about half an hour later.

Wake up number two at 8:54 was far more successful but I did wind up having to drive back to the apartment since I forgot something important. Doh!

Finalllllly....I get to the gym and get situated and it's not bad at all. 10am is a fairly quiet time so I took advantage of it and did circuit training for the first 30-40 minutes. My left wrist has been hurting for the past several days so I haven't pushed anything with weights really hard but it felt better today and I kept checking in with myself so I think it will be okay. Just in case, I stopped at a sports store in the same plaza as my gym and picked up a wrist compression wrap that I can wear over my gloves and can switch sides if I overdo the right one. Got a discount for being a gym member too. Sweet!

I got 2 to 3 sets in at each station and did between 10 and 15 reps per set, depending on whether I was doing 2 15 rep sets or 3 10 rep sets. Breaking it down into smaller groups of reps makes it feel more doable. I split the ab stuff up too. The machine they have in the circuit room has two levels of rungs to put your feet and you set the weight and pull the bars forward above your head into a crunch/sit up. I do one set on the lower level of the rungs and then one set with my feet on the top rung and then I switch one of my feet, so that one is high and one is low. Then I'll do my last set with those feet switched so that the one that was low before is now high and vice versa.

T33 and I are on the mend. I think I figured it out. She missed the runs. I haven't been doing as many because I can burn the same amount of calories with higher incline and have less stress on my joints, but I think when we work together again I'll make more of an effort to get my running intervals in.

Random program, levels 3-14. 4 running intervals during the program at 6.0 mph for 60 seconds each and 1 more during the cool down, same speed and time.

Stats: 468 calories, 3.64 miles, 65:00 minutes

There's just a little over 50 calories' difference between yesterday and today's stats and I was at level 20 yesterday and level 14 today. Yeah, T33 was miffed at me yesterday. I could feel it. But things are looking up now!

Side note: my gym is stingy with the a/c. I pick where I work out based on where the fans are because that's the only moving air I get and even then, the fans are never on high like they should be. Not even when the place is packed. Today I felt warm pockets of air behind me, on my left. That's where a vent is. Throughout my workout, I felt a slight cool push of air from time to time from it but there were these pockets of warm air too. Not sure what's going on with their system or if anyone was messing with it, but if that keeps up it's going to make me sick. I have to have moving air on me when I work out otherwise I feel nauseated if I'm working hard. I miss the Y I went to in WA state. First, it was close enough to walk to. Second, their treadmills all had fans attached to each machine, so if you wanted/needed moving air, you could turn it on to your desired setting and be good. I really miss that.

They had a rowing machine too and I totally miss that. That was one of my favorite pieces of equipment. I got a great upper body and cardio workout and I didn't have to worry about injuring my wrists (ongoing issue; I have weak wrists) or pinching a nerve like I do with the shoulder presses.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 06-30-2014 at 11:30 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #1564
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default yesterday's exercise

I counting walking 2 miles in the NYC Pride Parade ad my exercise for yesterday.

What was totally awesome is that my exercise has paid off because although tired I was not sore last night or this morning
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #1565
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Highlight of my new commute: 11 miles mostly along the river, at about 5am - lots of super cute bunnies!

Lowlight of my new commute: 11 miles mostly along the river, at about 5am - lots of homeless folks doing things to one another scaring said super cute bunnies!

Makes for a good cardio session, pedal faster!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #1566
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Tack on another mile for me. It wasn't a major effort but everything counts, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #1567
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

was so tired when I left work today after all the queer celebrating lol. I wasn't going to the gym but my younger daughter said she was there so I swung on by. It was sooo hot and the water looked sooo inviting. I have been a wuss in swimming up until now, really had to build myself up so I was using fins and resistence gloves and swim paddles to assist me.

today I used nothing and for the first time swam 20 laps in the big pool. guess what? I relaxed exhausted no dragging exhausted and it felt great
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #1568
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default It's summer and it's Canada Day....

....today it will be all about swimming, waterskiing, an impromptu (okay, so I'm planning it) family baseball game. So happy!

GET OUTSIDE! THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING!!!
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #1569
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday, leisurely 2 hour walk in the park. Today, 45 min. stairmaster, 20 min. weight lifting, and 25 minutes yoga and stretching.

Jill burped while on an Arc Trainer. I looked at her, and the man next to her looked at her. She giggled and said she was sorry. We both gave her a little smile and turned away.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #1570
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quick one today!

T33 and I puttered along. It was a hard day at work so I took it easy on myself tonight.

Random program, levels 3-11. No running intervals.

Stats: 257 calories, 1.81 miles, 35 minutes

For the record, I don't think I've ever burped while working out.

However, I have tooted once or a hundred times. It's all that bouncing around and jarring motion. It shakes it loose.

Luckily for myself and everyone around me, they tend to be methane-free.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #1571
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

I burp a lot when I run or do strenuous hikes...it's likely all the breathing and excessive intake of air. But I prefer blaming the altitude... Maybe I just have no manners.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #1572
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Burping is a reaction of two things,one is from what we eat or drink that forms a gas that we just have two ways of getting rid of,the other is from air that gets into the stomach when we breath while doing things that include breathing deeper and faster than normal from a gulping reflex as in working out or being active.I have this problem that is a pain in the ass when I am around people.My Doctor told me to use something called gas X chew tablets,they work great and do taste good to boot.I can't tell you how many times I have bent over the pool table to make a shot that I had to burp first..the pills are god send.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #1573
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default July Plan

I've been a bit lazy the past month, enjoying the unusually warm and sunny British weather with the customary over indulgence of BBQ's So I've started a major healthy eating and exercise regime. Cycled 15 miles today and plan to do this everyday and now I'm off to pilates class so guaranteed to be sore tomorrow :-( no pain no gain as they say!
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #1574
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

I decided to swim before work today when it was cool: 9:30 AM: 82 degrees, lol

Monday I swam 20 laps in big pool, today I swam 22 laps. working my way up to 33 laps, a mile again
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #1575
bobbi46

How Do You Identify?:
sporty, athlete
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hey you

bobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputationbobbi46 Has the BEST Reputation
Default talk about your exercise

getting back to my routine again .feels good
jogged to the gym did my weights jogged home .jog was about 5 kms total
little slower in the heat but after a nice cool shower i feel awesome .
enjoy your day
bobbi46 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bobbi46 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #1576
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did 30 minutes on the Stair Master (45/50 intervals), 15 minutes of weight lifting, and 15 minutes of stretching.

When I walked out of the gym, it was raining hard. The woman walking out behind me said indignantly, "Was this supposed to happen?" Rain had indeed been predicted but the question felt a bit entitled to me, and I decided to let it stand and be on my way.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #1577
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

45 minutes on eliptical. The "Totel Body" workout which I really l like. I busted some ass on that thing today. If the weather holds up, we are going kayaking tomorrow.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #1578
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

T33 was in a snit tonight. Reeeeally wanted me to run. Kept giving me long stretches of minimal incline. I finally gave in and did one interval but she kept doing it the whole time. Cost me a bunch of calories but I was annoyed before I hopped on the treadmill so I can't fuss too much.

The pants I was wearing were uncomfortable but I didn't realize this until I was already at the gym. No way I was going home to change because I never would have left to come back out.

I felt off today and really didn't want to go to the gym but I had to go to the plaza anyway so there was no good excuse not to go. It was an okay workout but between my pants and thinking about a couple of entitled snotty customers, I couldn't really focus on me and getting my sweat on. Kind of a bleh day.

Stats: 215 calories, 1.82 miles, 35:00 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #1579
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I did a lot of walking yesterday, so it has to count for something.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #1580
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

Yestrday: 2 hours of softball practice. I love evening practices. The sweat and burn feel a little more justified

Tags
exercise, weights