Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #3681
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Looking at 10-18 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow night I thought it wasn't going to get heavy until noonish tomorrow so I was going to go in to work early and leave early but now they are saying it's getting heavy by 4am. We shall see. The only good part of this is that I'm reading a book about a snowpocalypse so I can read about a raging storm while sitting in one...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #3682
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I get more confused every hour. Reports went back to getting heavy about noon, so my case manager and I made a plan to get up and out early and work for the early morning then get out before it starts dumping. But other reports are saying it's dumping after midnight and now maybe 18-22-30 inches here... I'm not loving this at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #3683
Brisa

How Do You Identify?:
Female

Brisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brisa

Most of NJ is under a blizzard warning. Our Gov. issued a State of Emergency.
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brisa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #3684
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisa View Post
Most of NJ is under a blizzard warning. Our Gov. issued a State of Emergency.
Our Gov just did too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #3685
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

68 and sunny here, right now
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #3686
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The snow will reportedly bypass us. The rain, wind and flooding will not.

There is something disconcerting when the electric company calls to warn of power outages and Verizon is sending emails on how to reboot your modem after a power outage. Not what one wants to hear when they have electric heat.

Stay safe people.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #3687
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It should kick in around 5am here and will continue through the day and night. Reports are also fluctuating as to how many inches we're going to get. I usually aim for the average and am right most of the time, so it looks like we're in for 11 inches of snow which will be heavy and then the rain will kick in and then it will be REALLY heavy and slushy and icy and very, very slippery.

I will likely pop in the office for an hour or two in the morning and then call it a day. They are saying it'll be 2 or 3 inches per hour at some points. That's insane. Governor came just shy of calling a travel ban, but is closing all government offices for the day.

As long as I don't lose power and/or have downed lines, I will be fine with whatever comes.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #3688
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The snow will reportedly bypass us. The rain, wind and flooding will not.

There is something disconcerting when the electric company calls to warn of power outages and Verizon is sending emails on how to reboot your modem after a power outage. Not what one wants to hear when they have electric heat.

Stay safe people.

If you can afford it get a servivalist candle, it is pure bees wax and has 4 wicks, one can even cook with them.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #3689
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

25 miles from downtown Chicago, we just received 4-6 inches of snow on the beach here. The last snowfall recorded was a week before Christmas. Currently 27. The projected for-cast for the rest of the week is 40-50 with sun.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #3690
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I would say I got (haven't looked at news) 4 inches of icy snow. It is just slush at this point. I also didn't get up until 12pm (went back to bed after I learned we were closed), so it is possible it was icy on the roads this morning.

All I know is I was annoyed that they closed my work today because that means I have to use a vacation day.

At least all my clients at my evening practice still want to come, so that is good. I may have to use some unpaid days for something in the future, so any money I can make on the side helps.

Everyone stay safe!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #3691
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather Report

73 degrees and sunny in central Texas.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #3692
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

It is beautiful at the moment. Blue sky, plenty of sunshine, warmer temps 40's.

There is a winter weather watch for later today through tomorrow. Expecting high winds again, maybe snow 1-3 or 3-5 or maybe 5-8 inches or maybe just rain.

The element of surprise....have to love it.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #3693
Blind Melon Chitlan

How Do You Identify?:
Honey Badger
Relationship Status:
with her ... permanently

Blind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST ReputationBlind Melon Chitlan Has the BEST Reputation

never really had winter, but now this teasing winter/spring/winter/spring /winter /spring...Enough already !!! Today?Winspring !
Blind Melon Chitlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #3694
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather Report

81 degrees and partly cloudy in central Texas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #3695
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

in the 70's and its a welcome change after the cold week!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #3696
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Snow showers tonight and tomorrow morning but no accumulation.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #3697
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

They say "the sun will come out tomorrow" but I ain't betting my bottom dollar, been fooled before by that nasty old weather man! They say sun and in the 50's for Sunday!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #3698
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

75 in Cypress, Texas.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #3699
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Wearing now

83 degrees and sunny in central Texas.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #3700
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's okay now but will plummet tomorrow. Technically, it will be around 30 but in the teens with the wind chill. I hate winter wind!

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
rain, weather