Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #21
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I gotta say I was so move I had tears running down my face. Her Speech was amazing to me. It hit home on so many levels.

My favorite part of the whole speech was this....

"If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire … if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores…if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote…if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time … if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream … and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream."

Anyone else see and have the same effect as I? Or was it different?
Strappie - Right on it! Michelle ROCKS! Her speech is a testament as to why we are America...I am proud that she is my/our first lady and that he is my/our President!

4 MORE YEARS!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #22
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Her speech was beautifully crafted and she presents with such grace and intelligence. I adore how she posses the big questions of equality so eloquently, so easy to imagine.
sigh...
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #23
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a huge fan...My "firefighters for obama" sign is in my yard and my family has them too!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I'm just loving the idea of Barack at dinnertime strategizing with Malia the ins and outs of middle school social life. I wonder if that's not harder than international relations some days.
Great thought, Martina. I would imagine the similarities are astounding. Bullies and allies are bullies and allies...no matter the situation room (home room, cafeteria room, war room).
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

the first lady performed brilliantly

i though her delivery was flawless - she really projected the right emotions with the words she was saying

i'm betting the strategists in charge couldn't be happier

perfectly played contrast to ann romney
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I gotta say I was so move I had tears running down my face. Her Speech was amazing to me. It hit home on so many levels.

My favorite part of the whole speech was this....

"If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire … if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores…if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote…if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time … if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream … and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream."

Anyone else see and have the same effect as I? Or was it different?
Strappie I'm with you. I was so moved I cried. He has my vote! Thanks for the thread you rock
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I may not be American but I adore Michelle too

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am not American either and I have to say that our culture here in Canada is to not really respect American politics. But I have recently been paying attention to your politics and last night I watched Michelle Obama's speech and really was moved by what she had to say. I in turn watched most (got bored) or Ann Romney's and she definitely did not have the same affect.

There is no perfect politician, I think like everything, that everyone will have their own perceptions about any one person and what they say. But, I am quite impressed my Barrack Obama and his wife Michelle. He was put in a very difficult position after Bush led the country into the economic abyss, and I personally think he has done remarkably well considering. But again, this is me looking from the outside in.

But, Michelle rocked it.

And... I watched Clint Eastwood's speech, I think he agreed to do it to help the Democrats because he made the Republicans look even stupider in my opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #30
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
oh noooooooooooooooo bill

sex in the white house between a married couple.............

y'all do see the sex between them doncha????

I would love to watch them fight for the top....................
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This is an incredibly cool photo. It's as slick and sexy as any Madison Avenue ad campaign. If I didn't know who they were I would think it was an ad for a product that relies on a sizzling woman to sell a fantasy, (liquor, jewelry, etc.). She's such a smart, strong, beautiful woman! And, yes. Her look telegraphs frank sexuality. Her husband's gaze encircles her with obvious desire.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #32
bcelly1894
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
sb
Relationship Status:
Single

bcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputation

Michelle Obama is such a wonderful First Lady and role model, especially for young black girls. From speaking about eating fruits and vegatables with Elmo on sesame street, Speaking at a Democratic Convention, Encouraging kids to eat healthy and exercise, To recruiting Restaurant Impossible's Robert Irvine to renovate an Inner City Kids Community Center, so that the kids can eat and live healthier lives.
Michelle Obama exudes elegance, sophistication and loveliness, and strength in helping all kids in this country.
bcelly1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bcelly1894 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #33
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Believe it or not, this was on Jimmy Carter IV's Facebook page. I was looking him up after reading the huffpo article about him unearthing the video in which Romney says we are all victims. (Hey, Romney, I pay taxes AND vote for Obama!)

Anyway, he's Jimmy Carter's grandson and was unemployed until this. Apparently he's gotten some job offers out of it. And a note from his granddad basically high fiving him. lol.

Anyway, she was awfully cute. Had to post.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: