Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I will be voting via the absentee ballot...I prefer to avoid the conversation at the voting locations...
That is why I like to vote in person...I enjoy snarling at the Republicans!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

In addition to voting in person, I'll dress as gay as I can. (Damn femme invisibility) and doubt I'll be able to keep myself from skipping/dancing my way through the doors. I kill those republicans with kindness. Hold the door for them, big happy smiles at them, that sort of thing. I think it instills more fear.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I have always gone on the day and stood in the line. But this year I just worry that I won't be able to keep my mouth shut. So TODAY

I walked around the corner form work for early voting. Cast my vote and was back in the office in 10 minutes.

I have to say, this is the worse I've felt after voting. Although I voted for Obama, I still don't hold out much hope for anything good over the next four years. Just not hopeful about any of our politicians anymore...haven't been for years. But meh....I did vote!!!!!
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

I am sooooo early voting tomorrow (for the first time ever not ON election day) -- would like to think that reports of early voting for POTUS will help undecideds to get on the bandwagon.

Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
I am sooooo early voting tomorrow (for the first time ever not ON election day) -- would like to think that reports of early voting for POTUS will help undecideds to get on the bandwagon.

Not a bad plan at all. Not an option for NY unless I can meet the following qualifications:

NEW YORK

You'll need to provide a valid excuse. Valid excuses are the same as those for by-mail absentee voting. You may vote early if you are:

unavoidably absent from your county on election day
unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Not a bad plan at all. Not an option for NY unless I can meet the following qualifications:

NEW YORK

You'll need to provide a valid excuse. Valid excuses are the same as those for by-mail absentee voting. You may vote early if you are:

detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
In my state (IL) Early Voting takes place between 10/22 and 11/3 -- just need to provide a gov't photo ID to do so.

Woohoo!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #27
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

The Chicago Method, of course.

Vote early, vote often.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #28
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Vote early, vote often.
I have visited the Windy City and am aware of some of their political history. Your post was a bit of a a dig at their colorful history and I must admit, it made me laugh, "Vote early, vote often."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #29
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thumbs up

Quote:

Vote early, vote often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I have visited the Windy City and am aware of some of their political history. Your post was a bit of a a dig at their colorful history and I must admit, it made me laugh, "Vote early, vote often."
Ya mean like 'dis?

Da Bulls, Da Bears, Da Cubs, Da Pres!!! Voted early tah-day.

Disclaimer: I am not really a huge sports fan, 'cept for my beloved Cubbies. And furthermore, in reality I do not sport a She-Caww-Go accent! *phew*
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #30
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
It's more than colorful. It's a reality. Hell, we even let dead people vote. More than once. Lol
Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #31
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
Ya mean like 'dis?

Da Bulls, Da Bears, Da Cubs, Da Pres!!! Voted early tah-day.

Disclaimer: I am not really a huge sports fan, 'cept for my beloved Cubbies. And furthermore, in reality I do not sport a She-Caww-Go accent! *phew*
Also not a big sports fan. But I like my Chicago teams. I bet against them all year long & at the very least break even. Lol
Born & raised Chicago boy so yea, I got the accent "over by dere".
Ey, you want I should fix that for yuz?
Lol
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #32
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Also not a big sports fan. But I like my Chicago teams. I bet against them all year long & at the very least break even. Lol
Born & raised Chicago boy so yea, I got the accent "over by dere".
Ey, you want I should fix that for yuz?
Lol
Uh, dat would be good dere, dude -- tanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post

NEW YORK

Your statement about needing an excuse has stayed with me and I started wondering about the rules in other states. I had no idea the methods and rules were so diverse. A complete list of authorized voting methods by state can be found here: http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/absentee-and-early-voting.aspx.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: