Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 06-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
Daktari

Ignorant Brit alert!

What's a GOP?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #22
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Ignorant Brit alert!

What's a GOP?
GOP = Grand Old Party = Republican Party

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I'd love to stick a fork in him, but the crap he's full of might explode all ovah!
A Huff Post analyst said today (on MSNBC) that Ginrich only really wants to be in the debates to "show off," not really run for president! had to laugh- does he really believe that many people just want to listen to him? His ego amazes me.

Had to add that Rush Limbaugh went after Romney for agreeing that science is right about global warming and we need to decrease greenhouse gases! Can't have any science "believers" in the White House, yanno...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
So there has been a mass exodus from Newt "Legend in his own mind" Gingrich's campaign. I think we can now officially take his campaign off the bbq, it's done.
You have a very good point! It looks like he is going to be at the GOP debate on Monday, however. Guess he has to keep his mug out there to continue getting speaking gigs!

I have to admit that it might be fun to see Ginrich debate Obama. Gawd, I hope to hell that the GOP nominee turns out to at least be someone that we all actually would want to watch debate Obama. The idea of Romney or T-Paw debating him is not very exciting. I know, I am a politics junkie. What's an old fart 60's activist gonna do!

I keep having the feling that any of the possible GOP candidates that could have general election viability and some personality traits that might move people are just waiting until 2016 to run.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #25
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

So, will Rick Perry join in? This weekend I saw clips of him at the big conservative shin-dig (can't think of the name) and I thought- "A Bush carbon copy."

Oh, that's Jeb.... who I imagine will be a candidate sometime in the near future. As in 2016, AFTER Obama has served his second term.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #26
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default We can count Palin out

So Palin has canceled the rest of her "I love the America that loves me tour" and gone back to Alaska half-way through. At this point, I think that pretty much wraps it up for any speculation about her running for President. Not even the Democrats could avoid making her tendency to quit things half-done an albatross. Hell, that ad writes itself. "Sarah Palin quit being governor after 20 months. She quit her 'bus tour of America' halfway through. Would she quit being President after that proved not to be fun either?"

That said, I didn't think she was going to run. She makes a hell of a lot more money and can be much more irresponsible and uninformed if she's a pundit. Since she'll never be making policy, she doesn't have to actually know anything, she can just throw firebombs at the Democrats or at liberals, claiming that anyone who would even think of voting Democrat is not just in sympathy with Al Qaeda or North Korea but is ACTUALLY Kim Jong-Il. If she's a serious contender for President, she can't do that.

My read on Palin is that she is a grifter and she has hit on a fantastic scam. Go out amongst the people, stoke up their resentments, pretend to be 'just like them' and, don't ya know, there's this book you can buy or this DVD you can buy or this tee-shirt or watch the reality TV show. She'd be a fool to give up that scam for a responsible job like POTUS. She may be woefully under-informed about any particular subject you care to mention (Paul Revere etc.) but she's not a fool.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
So Palin has canceled the rest of her "I love the America that loves me tour" and gone back to Alaska half-way through. At this point, I think that pretty much wraps it up for any speculation about her running for President. Not even the Democrats could avoid making her tendency to quit things half-done an albatross. Hell, that ad writes itself. "Sarah Palin quit being governor after 20 months. She quit her 'bus tour of America' halfway through. Would she quit being President after that proved not to be fun either?"

That said, I didn't think she was going to run. She makes a hell of a lot more money and can be much more irresponsible and uninformed if she's a pundit. Since she'll never be making policy, she doesn't have to actually know anything, she can just throw firebombs at the Democrats or at liberals, claiming that anyone who would even think of voting Democrat is not just in sympathy with Al Qaeda or North Korea but is ACTUALLY Kim Jong-Il. If she's a serious contender for President, she can't do that.

My read on Palin is that she is a grifter and she has hit on a fantastic scam. Go out amongst the people, stoke up their resentments, pretend to be 'just like them' and, don't ya know, there's this book you can buy or this DVD you can buy or this tee-shirt or watch the reality TV show. She'd be a fool to give up that scam for a responsible job like POTUS. She may be woefully under-informed about any particular subject you care to mention (Paul Revere etc.) but she's not a fool.

Cheers
Aj

Your take on her strikes me as right on! She has found a better gig than Ginrich did. Both of these people view politics as their gravy train. Huckabee may also be in this camp.

No, she is not a fool at all. She's laughing all the way to the bank as "they" say.

I thought she might continue the bus tour in terms of wanting to build up a nominee contender like Santorum who seems like her "brand of tea."

Besides all that, Bachman has taken over the spotlight for a woman nominee and I think the Christian-right sees her as a more viable "candidate" to push their agenda in the GOP and the platform that surfaces for the 2012 race.

Huntsman jumped in and I actually have to give some kudos for this statement- "I respect the president," Huntsman said. "He and I have a difference of opinion on how to help the country we both love. But the question each of us wants the voters to answer is who will be the better president, not who is the better American."

He breaks away from all the Obama as "not an American" BS and away from all the nutso-crazy spins from so many of the Tea Party crowd. He could be viewed as a serious contender against Obama. I would love to be behind the scenes at Obama re-election headquarters as they discuss the possible GOP field in terms of who would be the GOP candidate that could beat Obama. And he is vulnerable, I think. Although, his team in 2008 kept their eyes on real prize- electoral votes. But, 2012 could be a very different situation.

The Democrats have got to stay focused on job creation and getting the jobless rate down. Yes, I say this because I want Obama re-elected, but also because damn it, people in the US are having a hell of a bad time in this economy and what is the future going to be like for young people entering the job market?

I think Obama strategists need to knock off trying to talk about the economy in terms of what Obama walked into (inheriting Bush's mess) and build the case for his methods and policies being a more solid way to re-build the US economy. They have to find a way to make the general population understand that we do need to invest in infra-structure for the kinds of jobs that are a reality in our future. A very tough sell.
One that has to be done.

For me, thinking of Obama as a one-term president is fraught with fear of the Health-Care Reform Acts being repealed because these are visionary and do need the test of time for people to see that economically they make sense and that they will bring a healthier and stronger workforce along that represents all of the people. The GOP has thwarted health care based upon a free society since FDR. It is a fucking big deal!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
Dallas2010

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Taken

Dallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST ReputationDallas2010 Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone know anything about New Mexico gov. Gary Johnson? From what I've read about him so far, it sounds like he may the the right man for the job.
Dallas2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2010 View Post
Does anyone know anything about New Mexico gov. Gary Johnson? From what I've read about him so far, it sounds like he may the the right man for the job.
He is a fucking idiot who tried to destroy the public education system in NM. He made his millions on constuction jobs paid for by the state. Just because he thinks pot should be legal does not mean he is any kind of man for the job.

edited to add He vetoed 200 of 424 bills in his first six months in office – a national record of 48% of all legislation – and used the line-item veto on most remaining bills. He is a libertarian and is anti-tax and anti-government in general.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I just hope NO ONE makes the mistake of under-estimating Michele Bachman. She is not stupid and is a very astute politician. She can and will give Obama a run for his money. If Nader jumps in as a Green Party candidate, she could end up President......be very very very afraid of that and make plans to move to a free country cuz this one will no longer be free.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Oh, yes, do pay attention to Nader entering the race. Obama is vulnerable and so many people, including left-wingers are so tired of Washington antics and stagnation.

The more I think about things, I can't help the thought of all the talk of Bohner not being in control as the Speaker over the Tea party reps as bogus- I think it is intentional in terms of taking Obama down.

The House since the mid-terms has done nothing for job creation (as was the Tea Party cry) and promoted nothing but anti-abortion and women's health bills. Along with this, the GOP/Tea Party govenors elected have been focused on the same things along with taking unions down. No real job creation work going on with them, either. Consequently, the jobless rate has stayed the same with one small movement downward, then back up.

The GOP knows that the rate of unemployment IS how they can win the White House- probably the only way. So, they have stayed away from actually doing anything to help create jobs so that it is the number one issue on the minds of the electorate in 2012.

Because the US is practically split down the middle politically, and Independents are the ones that really call elections, the GOP knows that halting job creation no matter how they do it will actually work in their favor. All they have to do is keep up the distractions with legislation to set the stage and continue to have the circus continue to focus on Obama not producing jobs and they are in.

I think the GOP political machine including Boehner is very much in control and knows exactly what it is doing even if some of their candidates draw laughter.

I also think Bachman is dangerous and that the GOP will rally behind someone like her- even the traditional GOP base- to gain the presidency and continue to dismantle the middle class in the US. They really do not care about middle and working class people at all. The rise of a millionaire elite is what they want.

During times of economic stress, I think someone like Bachman being elected could happen. It's all in the "calculations."
Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #32
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone voting for her?

You know it's bad when Fox is calling out Tea Party members.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #33
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really concerned that she has charisma and appeal to average people and just might get elected. On the other hand, if she's out (because of the Medicare thing reported), all the other GOP'ers have as much charisma together as yesterday's potatoes and I don't see anyone else viable enough to win it.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #34
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Longing for a 6-week long campaign season...

I have decided to pretend I am in the UK for the next 16 months or so

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButchBowWow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #35
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchBowWow View Post
I have decided to pretend I am in the UK for the next 16 months or so
I often think about how great it would be to have the UK time table for elections here in the US. Think of all the money that would be saved (and maybe put to better use)!

I am also a staunch supporter of public financed elections in the US. Then there would be a level field and all this insane fund raising would stop. Politicians in the US start campaigning for re-election in many ways the day after they take office!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #36
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.co...publican-pack/

Iowa Poll: Romney, Bachmann lead Republican pack
© 2011, Des Moines Register and Tribune Company

Two-time candidate Mitt Romney and tea party upstart Michele Bachmann are neck and neck leading the pack, and retired pizza chief Herman Cain is in third place in a new Des Moines Register Iowa Poll of likely participants in the state’s Republican presidential caucuses.

The results are bad news for the earnest Tim Pawlenty, a former Minnesota governor who is in single digits despite a full-throttle campaign.

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and business executive, claims 23 percent, and Bachmann, a Minnesota congresswoman and evangelical conservative, garners 22 percent. Neither has done heavy lifting in Iowa.

The rest of the Republican field is at least 12 points behind them.

Cain, a retired Georgia business executive, is the top choice for 10 percent of potential caucusgoers.

Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, whose entire Iowa campaign team resigned in frustration two weeks ago over its perception that his efforts are half-hearted, is tied in fourth place at 7 percent with the libertarian-leaning Ron Paul, a longtime Texas congressman.

Pawlenty is at 6 percent; Rick Santorum, a former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania, 4 percent; and Jon Huntsman, a former Utah governor and ambassador to China, 2 percent.

“The surprise here is how quickly Michele Bachmann is catching on,” said Jennifer Duffy, a political analyst with the nonpartisan Cook Political Report of Washington, D.C. “To me, she’s the one to watch, not Romney.”

Campaign veterans caution that this is a very early test. They expect the race to take many twists and turns before the Iowa finish line is reached. The caucuses are scheduled for Feb. 6, 2012.

Indeed, results indicate Iowa Republicans would be receptive to additional candidates in the race. Just 14 percent of likely Republican caucusgoers say their minds are made up about their choice in the presidential race. Another 14 percent don’t have a first choice yet. Sixty-nine percent say they could be persuaded to support a candidate other than their first choice.

Those findings could encourage potential candidates now on the sidelines, such as Gov. Rick Perry of Texas or former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin. The poll tested favorability of several prominent Republicans, but the trial heat question included only those who have declared they’re running.

The telephone survey of 400 likely Republican caucusgoers was conducted June 19 to 22, roughly eight months before the Iowa caucuses, which kick off the presidential nominating process.

The poll, conducted by Selzer & Co. of Des Moines, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

Pawlenty’s big effort in Iowa not helping yet
Romney’s poll-topping strength might seem to send a message that he can do well in Iowa without trying. But several politics watchers said name identification is his foundation, and his numbers might sink if he sticks with a pruned-back campaign in the Hawkeye State.

“Romney has to decide whether to start working hard,” Duffy said, “or he could see that front-runner status slip away pretty quickly.”

Iowans have seen this movie before: Four years ago, Romney led for months before he was surpassed by Mike Huckabee, who found a faithful flock in the religious right.

The other shocker, Duffy said, is the low finish for Pawlenty, who has taken part in two national debates and mounted an expensive, Iowa-centric campaign with an A-list team of consultants.

Republican pollster Randy Gutermuth pointed out that the Iowa Poll took place before Pawlenty’s television ads, direct mail and other paid voter outreach had time to penetrate.

“It’s way too early to be writing off Tim Pawlenty,” said Gutermuth, who is not affiliated with any presidential candidate. “I’m sure they’d rather be leading today, but I don’t think they’re jumping out of buildings either.”

Bachmann, who has spent 18 fewer days in Iowa this election cycle than Pawlenty and has yet to rev up her campaign machine here, has a heady favorability rating.

In the wake of her much-praised performance in the June 13 GOP debate in New Hampshire, the first of the season for her, 65 percent of potential Republican caucusgoers have a good impression of her.

And it’s an intense following: 31 percent say their opinion is very favorable, half again higher than the 19 percent who have a very favorable impression of Romney.

People like Pawlenty, too – 58 percent have a favorable impression of him – but he just isn’t as often a first or second choice for president.

Conservative? Yes, both socially, fiscally
Iowans who consider themselves tea party supporters make up 63 percent of respondents, so it fits that Bachmann, founder of the tea party caucus in Congress, is their favorite, at 29 percent. Cain, who has reached out to tea party supporters as an Atlanta-based radio host and candidate, follows with 16 percent. Romney is the favorite for 14 percent.

Less than half of poll respondents, 46 percent, identify themselves as born-again or fundamentalist Christian. In comparison, 60 percent of Republican caucusgoers in 2008 considered themselves born-again or evangelical Christians, according to an entrance poll done for the Associated Press and several television networks.

The race at this early point is close among Iowans who identify themselves as born-again Christians, with 20 percent for Bachmann and 17 percent for Romney.

Poll respondents are decidedly conservative: 75 percent consider themselves very or mostly conservative on social issues such as abortion and gay marriage, and 83 percent consider themselves very or mostly conservative on fiscal issues such as the federal budget.

“Our debt situation is just going to ruin our country if we don’t do something about it,” said Romney backer Morris Grotheer, a retired chemist from Urbandale. “I’m 82 years old, and I don’t see a very bright future.”

A new HuffPost Pollster trend estimate, filtered by the Register to include live interview polls only, shows much less support for Bachmann nationally.

Romney leads with 29 percent. Gingrich and Paul are at 9 percent, with Cain and Bachmann at 8 percent and Pawlenty at 7 percent.

About the poll
The Iowa Poll, conducted for The Des Moines Register by Selzer & Co. Inc. of Des Moines, is based on interviews with 1,831 registered Republican and independent voters in Iowa ages 18 or older, of which 400 said they would definitely or probably participate in the February 2012 Republican caucuses. Interviewers contacted individuals randomly selected from the Iowa voter registration list by telephone. The full sample of 1,831 respondents was adjusted for age and sex based on distribution among active Republican and no-party registered voters. Questions asked of the 400 likely Republican caucusgoers have a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points. Results based on smaller samples of respondents — such as by gender or age — have a larger margin of error.

-----------------------------

Did anyone catch Bachmann's newest gafe during an interview after her announcement about being like John Wayne- he was born in Waterloo, Iowa which he wasn't, he was born in another town in Iowa however, John Wayne Gacy, Jr. was born in Waterloo, Iowa. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. was a serial killer and rapist-

known as the Killer Clown who committed the rape and murder of 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978. Twenty-six of Gacy's victims were buried in the crawlspace of his home, three others elsewhere on his property and four victims were discarded in a nearby river.

Gacy became known as the "Killer Clown" due to his charitable services at fundraising events, parades and children's parties where he would dress as "Pogo the Clown," a character he devised himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

Does this woman ever fact check???
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #37
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Texas Governor Perry likely to run in 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...dChannel=10102

I guess there are some that want another back-slapping, swaggering Texas govenor in the Whit House.... WTF?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #38
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

The recently revealed old clips about Romney and his actual performance as a "jobs creator" when he ran against Ted Kennedy in the Senate (1990's) are very interesting.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58952.html

I keep thinking Romney is of the same cut as all the prior GOP nominee's that just figure "it's their time to be president." Some things about the GOP have not changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Vanessa Emma Goldman

How Do You Identify?:
femme trans lesbian woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE!!!!!!

Vanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST ReputationVanessa Emma Goldman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
GOP = Grand Old Party = Republican Party
or as i prefer to call them: Greedy Old Patriarchs!

unfortunately, the Demos are not much better especially when it comes to taking bribes from, and then being indebted to, Big Corporate Capitalism. i voted for Ralph Nader in 2000, took a lot of crap for it from other left of center people, and so held my nose and voted for Demos at the top of the ticket (USA President or Michigan Governor depending on the year). and i continue to be horribly disappointed, both by President Obama and by former Michigan Governor Granholm.

so once again i am debating whether to keep voting for the Evil of Two Lessers Democrats, or just say to hell with them and vote strictly for Greens, Socialists, or other real progressives who do not take bribes from the top one percent. and i am leaning heavily towards the Green/Socialist/other real progressives option. yes, i know, they probably won't win and maybe Repubs will end up winning. but even when Demos do win, it seems like the real winners end up being the Greedy Old Patriarchs.
Vanessa Emma Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vanessa Emma Goldman For This Useful Post: