Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Getting my credit fixed and things consolidated.

Its a task but I have to do it.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #14502
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently working for a huge Texas company, and with a confirmed virus in my county, I just received a travel survey from work.
Asking if we have traveled to certain areas, plan to have visitors or what travel plans we might have.

I think they are just getting info on what's going on with all of us.

Makes me feel like I'm being looked after with my employer.

Wash your hands!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #14503
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- Getting my driver's license renewed
- How to get my house clean before my sister sees it
- Some trees that are leaning precariously toward my house and need to be cut down
- Why was I dumb enough to order groceries to pick up on a day that's raining cats and dogs?
- Need to look into changing house insurance companies
- Need to get some minor repairs done to the house.
- Need to get my house assessed.
- Getting a new surgery date and an approval letter from Aetna.
- How long before I can get a dog?
- Hoping I will have some time and the ability to do some of these things while I am recovering.

I have a lot on my mind. I have drugs for that, to keep them from just spinning-spinning-spinning around in my brain in a never-ending vortex, but they seem to not be working as well lately.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #14504
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Managing a very transient cooperative living building with impending Coronovirus ... we're not prepared. I'm seeking an executive meeting today to discuss that and how to handle if staff are quarantined since we have two buildings that are supposed to be staffed 24/7 housing 95 women and children at a time. We're having trouble getting supplies we need for sanitation and prevention.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #14505
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I am worried that this site is narrowing down to a very few...probably many complex reasons but maybe it's time we put our ideas together to stop what appears to be a downward spiral.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #14506
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Making sure I have all my ducks in a row for my visit to see one of my half sisters and half bro.

Even though its 2 weeks away... I procrastinate alot.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 06:36 AM   #14507
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

What the next few months will look like in the US and how that will impact us.

I'm not so much worried about contracting the virus myself but since I take care of my elderly parents I have to take measures to not expose them. I work with a population of women who often have compromised immune systems and I need to consider that too.

Me and my Daddy are supposed to go on a big bike tour in June in the midwest. A 500 mile ride with about 1000 people from all over the place. We are going to watch the statistics and see if we would be wise to change our plans this year. We have been training for the ride since November so we're pumped but there are a lot of other rides we could do that would have less potential to put us in a quarantine.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 07:34 AM   #14508
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Lately I have been wondering if I should sign up for a "round the world ' First Class Cruise in a luxury stateroom with a huge outside balcony on the top deck. Probably get the run of the ship and eat limitless amounts of seafood, caviar and wagyu steak.

I'm thinking I could get one now for the price of a one-night stay in a Motel Six.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #14509
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I am worried that this site is narrowing down to a very few...probably many complex reasons but maybe it's time we put our ideas together to stop what appears to be a downward spiral.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

This has been on my mind as well!

Often times I'll see many members logged in but it seems the same people do most of the posting day after day!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #14510
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

going out to dinner w my crew..what i'm in the mood for

postscript..nude satin joggers w blk racer stripe, matching jacket, black lace cami, so far..
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #14511
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I am wondering whether people here find my posts amusing or even worthwhile. Paucity of responses. Maybe I should just give up. If you have an opinion, please let me know. I promise not to be offended.

PS: I'm also better good-looking than Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders and a terrific Dom top ...so vote for me in 2020
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #14512
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Here's an amazing fact:

The most recent study from the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon Conwell puts the number of Christian denominations and sects at 43,000.

Could be a good conversation here.
It might make for a good conversation, the topic of discussion you propose, but maybe we could think of it in terms of A) a new subplot for the film called "Analyze That" or B) a new way of looking at how many people fell for a ton of crap from a not well polished pulpit which stopped the members of all 43K sects of failing religious tenets to see the biggo red flag which could have spared them from falling for all that disinformation campaign.

Btw, how are you these days?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 04:57 PM   #14513
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

To be compliant with Wolfy's thread, here is what has been on my mind (lately):

I think this whole Covid-19 thing is a sham. I think the dirty rotten scoundrels of the GOP are cashing in on people's fears: People who believe everything they read in the news and that because people are afraid of catching some virus, of millions of viruses already on earth and online (the Web),that they will rob everyone of their secret stash of cash, right in plain sight.

Cash based prejudice. If there is such a thing, which I am sure there is.

Just look at how the Republicans and their sort are coming up with evil ways of robbing everyone of any source of income that some people might have available to spend.

I know, I know, I should find better things to think about.

_____ ______
Old 03-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #14514
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
going out to dinner w my crew..what i'm in the mood for

postscript..nude satin joggers w blk racer stripe, matching jacket, black lace cami, so far..

Well contrary to that idiom, you're all dressed up WITH somewhere to go...
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 05:54 PM   #14515
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I am wondering whether people here find my posts amusing or even worthwhile. Paucity of responses. Maybe I should just give up. If you have an opinion, please let me know. I promise not to be offended.

PS: I'm also better good-looking than Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders and a terrific Dom top ...so vote for me in 2020
TOTALLY amusing.........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #14516
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
To be compliant with Wolfy's thread, here is what has been on my mind (lately):

I think this whole Covid-19 thing is a sham. I think the dirty rotten scoundrels of the GOP are cashing in on people's fears: People who believe everything they read in the news and that because people are afraid of catching some virus, of millions of viruses already on earth and online (the Web),that they will rob everyone of their secret stash of cash, right in plain sight.

Cash based prejudice. If there is such a thing, which I am sure there is.

Just look at how the Republicans and their sort are coming up with evil ways of robbing everyone of any source of income that some people might have available to spend.

I know, I know, I should find better things to think about.
There are always people who will take advantage of a situation that is bad for other people - like people who raise gas prices in a crisis. In this case, I do think "the Republicans and their sort" are looking for a way to spin COVID-19 that is to their advantage.

I get a lot of my news from the BBC - I don't know that they are especially any more honest than other media folk, but it is a way to get a different view of what other people in the world (not Americans) think is important at the moment. The BBC has been covering COVID-19 heavily since its outbreak in China.

Tonight I was listening to a BBC program called "Over To You", in which listeners call in and ask questions about a theme. The theme this week was "How is the BBC's news agenda decided?" and they addressed some of the topics I have seen come up in this thread. It was recorded this past Wednesday, so the main topic at their editorial morning meeting was COVID-19. They noted that this story has been the top headline for several weeks now, and will probably continue to be for awhile. There were two callers from the U.S. - one who thought the BBC's presentation of the news was well-balanced and one who thought the language was "too alarmist" and is causing panic rather than helping people take precautions. Someone from another country also said that perhaps the stories are too alarming. The BBC host pointed out that their coverage of the virus has changed somewhat over time.

The BBC host also spoke about statistics and information gathering that they do to see what kind of news people are aware of, i.e. what they're absorbing from the news and their environment, and trying to supplement that in the upcoming news with the most important FAQs. (Right now there are lots of hand-washing stories . . .)

A gentleman from India suggested that they should have more success stories about people who have survived COVID-19 to raise hope and reduce the fear-mongering. The BBC host explained that this kind of story has been difficult to get, because anyone who tests positive for the virus is quarantined for 14 days, and that time period is only just now ending for the people who first got it. They did say they have been able to get those kind of stories for a couple of days now, and the reporters are all trying to get these stories.

Just a few interesting thoughts. If you're interested, the show is called "Over To You" and they have a podcast by the same name. This was the 3/7/2020 episode.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 10:22 PM   #14517
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
There are always people who will take advantage of a situation that is bad for other people - like people who raise gas prices in a crisis. In this case, I do think "the Republicans and their sort" are looking for a way to spin COVID-19 that is to their advantage.

I get a lot of my news from the BBC - I don't know that they are especially any more honest than other media folk, but it is a way to get a different view of what other people in the world (not Americans) think is important at the moment. The BBC has been covering COVID-19 heavily since its outbreak in China.

Tonight I was listening to a BBC program called "Over To You", in which listeners call in and ask questions about a theme. The theme this week was "How is the BBC's news agenda decided?" and they addressed some of the topics I have seen come up in this thread. It was recorded this past Wednesday, so the main topic at their editorial morning meeting was COVID-19. They noted that this story has been the top headline for several weeks now, and will probably continue to be for awhile. There were two callers from the U.S. - one who thought the BBC's presentation of the news was well-balanced and one who thought the language was "too alarmist" and is causing panic rather than helping people take precautions. Someone from another country also said that perhaps the stories are too alarming. The BBC host pointed out that their coverage of the virus has changed somewhat over time.

The BBC host also spoke about statistics and information gathering that they do to see what kind of news people are aware of, i.e. what they're absorbing from the news and their environment, and trying to supplement that in the upcoming news with the most important FAQs. (Right now there are lots of hand-washing stories . . .)

A gentleman from India suggested that they should have more success stories about people who have survived COVID-19 to raise hope and reduce the fear-mongering. The BBC host explained that this kind of story has been difficult to get, because anyone who tests positive for the virus is quarantined for 14 days, and that time period is only just now ending for the people who first got it. They did say they have been able to get those kind of stories for a couple of days now, and the reporters are all trying to get these stories.

Just a few interesting thoughts. If you're interested, the show is called "Over To You" and they have a podcast by the same name. This was the 3/7/2020 episode.
Thanks Georgia, I'll check out that pod cast. I'm always interested in pod casts and sure do appreciate your suggestion for this particular one.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 11:50 PM   #14518
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Well contrary to that idiom, you're all dressed up WITH somewhere to go...
it was fun H...a little more then usual
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #14519
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
it was fun H...a little more then usual

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2020, 09:26 AM   #14520
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
for H ..