Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kavenaugh OMG

Has anyone been watching the confirmation hearings, where the GOP is attempting to affirm Brett Kavenaugh as the next Supreme Court justice?
I have never seen a more blatant attempt by Republicans to force their will on American citizens.
To save time, he is AGAINST everything most women, Democrats and sane people are FOR, and he's FOR issues that would outlaw a woman's right to have an abortion, things that would be bad for the environment, workers, the first amendment, sensible gun laws, and other issues that would allow Trump to further destabilize everything he touches, thinks about, or whatever else Putin tells him to do.
Perhaps his worst position would be to make it illegal to investigate, subpoena, impeach, indict or convict a president of anything while in office.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

YES, I've been taping it tho mostly! I LOVED LOVED LOVED how Mazie Hirono handled him!

Of course even tho I extended the recording by an hour and a half it cut off right as Kamala Harris was starting to grill him!

I'm taping off of C-Span to avoid all the needless chatter by commentaries..
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
YES, I've been taping it tho mostly! I LOVED LOVED LOVED how Mazie Hirono handled him!

Of course even tho I extended the recording by an hour and a half it cut off right as Kamala Harris was starting to grill him!

I'm taping off of C-Span to avoid all the needless chatter by commentaries..
Good idea--C-Span is easier to watch.
The latest is, Kavenaugh has referred to birth control pills as "abortion inducing drugs."
It's a stunning new revelation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #4
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I catch bits and pieces. I'd like to sit and watch it but can't. It'll just piss me off.

I wondered WTF was going with the interaction between Fred Guttenberg and Kavanaugh. Here's the deal...

Parkland dad Fred Guttenberg describes Kavanaugh interaction
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been watching it, but I been getting all these "donate to me" emails from Kamala and Corey. Kavenaugh is going to be confirmed. The Dems are just posturing for 2020 or for the upcoming midterms. I am disgusted with them. Even so I'd vote for Kamala. Not Corey Booker though. He's owned by big Pharm. I'd vote third party first.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Wheat, didn't you just love it when he was grilled about filling out a two page form ...
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Kamala Harris was impressive, as was Maize Hirono. I also thought Booker was legit and brave. I don't agree with everything he's done, (true of everyone in politics), but I think publicly releasing the confidential emails took courage and strong political will. Because of Booker's actions that hypocrite weasel, Grassley, can no longer make bogus national security claims about withholding Kavanaugh's records.

I'm in (political) love with Kamala this week. Damn, she's a tough prosecutor. Sadly, I agree with Martina. Despite how beautiful Kamala is in action, the Republicans are going to get their wish and Trump will have hired his own partisan judge.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #8
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

So, even though I'm a strong feminist and pro-choice advocate I don't think Kavanaugh's hostility towards women's autonomy is the most solid case against his appointment. Honoring settled law is an important concept, but the SCOTUS upheld anti-sodomy laws in 1986. That was 'settled law' for many years. Not that I'm equating the two, but I don't think a philosophy of rigid adherence to settled law is a good way to choose jurists because then we're mired in arguments about which settled laws we're inclined to keep.

Kavanaugh has perjured himself more than a few times. That's why the White House and the Senate Judiciary Committee have so zealously tried to keep his records secret. Kavanaugh is a fervent partisan who had no trouble promoting sordid conspiracy theories about Vince Foster's suicide, for instance. He has also sanctimoniously claimed that anyone who has ever committed perjury, (Bill Clinton), is unfit to serve. This article succinctly sums up the obvious:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html
Old 09-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
So, even though I'm a strong feminist and pro-choice advocate I don't think Kavanaugh's hostility towards women's autonomy is the most solid case against his appointment. Honoring settled law is an important concept, but the SCOTUS upheld anti-sodomy laws in 1986. That was 'settled law' for many years. Not that I'm equating the two, but I don't think a philosophy of rigid adherence to settled law is a good way to choose jurists because then we're mired in arguments about which settled laws we're inclined to keep.

Kavanaugh has perjured himself more than a few times. That's why the White House and the Senate Judiciary Committee have so zealously tried to keep his records secret. Kavanaugh is a fervent partisan who had no trouble promoting sordid conspiracy theories about Vince Foster's suicide, for instance. He has also sanctimoniously claimed that anyone who has ever committed perjury, (Bill Clinton), is unfit to serve. This article succinctly sums up the obvious:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html
Wow, Cheryl in NYC! I'm very impressed with the way you write! If you aren't an attorney, I'll bet you would have been a great one. Maybe a prosecutor in the Southern District of New York? They are fierce!

As for Kavenaugh, whenever I hear that someone may be of questionable character --on TV or even in person, I love to observe--okay, I mean obsessively scrutinize their behavior for telltale signs that confirm their shady reputations.
If anyone has a chance to see him again on TV, see if you notice that his smile seems genuine only for his fellow white, middle aged Republican pals, but otherwise you can tell he's a phony because his lips may be smiling, but his eyes look condescending, cold and malevolent.
When Kamala Harris started bearing down on him, he shot a look at her that could have melted paint off a car.
Clearly he does not appreciate assertive women, especially those of color.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #10
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, Kavanaugh did say that birth control pills were "abortion inducing drugs."

So, that begs the question as to why does he and his wife of 14 years only have two children? One may assume having marital sex for over 14 years with no birth control, they would have at least 5 or 6 children.

Senators Collins and Murkowski can stop this madness. I have been calling both offices multiple times a day. Please get involved and vote, OUR lives depends on it. This is not hyperbole!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 07:43 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Fasten your seat-belt there Brett, you're in for a bumpy ride this week...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Yes, Kavanaugh did say that birth control pills were "abortion inducing drugs."

Meanwhile, it seems Kavenaugh is a weenie-wagger, and women are coming out of the woodwork from his past saying what a perve he is.
Trump still backs him (naturally) but there are serious doubts this bastard will be appointed as the newest SCOTUS justice.
There's not enough time before the midterm elections for the GOP to try to cram the next loser down our throats, and the midterms may really turn the tables on these women-hating creeps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 01:18 AM   #13
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I think Collins is going to support the nomination unless something totally scandalous gets announced Wednesday. Who knows? Anyway, Collins looks to me like she's already decided.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #14
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I just typed Kavenaugh and liar onto the net and was disgusted by what I found. This man has NO credibility and I pray he is not confirmed. Oh and I would like to see him lose his current day job. Are we really paying him a 6 figure salary to adjudicate cases when he apparently has such a bad memory (ahem liar). Really Brett......you were a virgin for ALL those years?! Tell that to your mom but not an adult who has lived a reasonably normal life.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #15
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
I just typed Kavenaugh and liar onto the net and was disgusted by what I found. This man has NO credibility and I pray he is not confirmed. Oh and I would like to see him lose his current day job. Are we really paying him a 6 figure salary to adjudicate cases when he apparently has such a bad memory (ahem liar). Really Brett......you were a virgin for ALL those years?! Tell that to your mom but not an adult who has lived a reasonably normal life.
Kavenaugh = KKK just my impression of him
Old 09-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #16
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default "squeal like a pig".......

I'm just wondering if the tables were turned, how many of the good ole white men on the Judicial Committee would step forward and admit to having been sexually assaulted as Ned Beatty's character was in Deliverance?

Perhaps walking a mile in one of these female's shoes would cure them not to be so quick to judge and dismiss!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 PM   #17
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea why anyone in dire straights, as mired in deep shit as Kavenaugh is, would think having Trump back and support him would be any kind of helpful at all. And his wife, wow. How seriously pathetic is that.

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM   #18
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

I'm just wondering if the tables were turned, how many of the good ole white men on the Judicial Committee would step forward and admit to having been sexually assaulted as Ned Beatty's character was in Deliverance?

Perhaps walking a mile in one of these female's shoes would cure them not to be so quick to judge and dismiss!
What the fuck?? You think sexual assault is funny? The heading of your post is squeal like a pig? Are you kidding me??? I know it's from the movie, but in this context, it's vile. Have you no common sense??
Old 09-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #19
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Now we know Homoe is not like that! AND where are you…..the hearing is on and I want to rant? Get in here.....lol.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #20
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i've always known homoe to be a gentlebutch. I also wish the men on this council could experience 1/10 what it feels like to be a victim of sexual assault. It is life numbing and i don't believe anyone can truly understand the trauma on a woman's mind & life unless personally experienced.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: