Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

does anyone know why Obama said he agreed with Romney on Social Security???????????????????? huh?????

going to go smoke a bowl and watch something entirely mindless on the TV or I will 'splode along side Martina...............
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #22
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've only watched a little bit, but so far I am disappointed
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Romney had a great performance- all based on lies. The big question is will it matter that he lied over and over again. I'm not confident that it will. Hopefully Obama's leads in the swing states will be enough. Thank god there is the 47% tape. Yep Obama blew it.
I kept waiting for that! Like, if Obama wanted to sink Mitt's ship, all he had to do was bring up the 47%!

He needed to illuminate Mitt as an out-of-touch millionaire who is lying his ass off about giving a shit about the middle class and one who is willing to say anything to get elected so he can keep lining his pockets. Instead, Mitt comes out looking forceful, prepared, in charge, and Presidential while Obama looked shaken.

I am disappointed and unnerved like you wouldn't believe.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Did anyone else hear the way Romney uses the term "poor" as odd sounding? "The poor" in places it seemed to make sense that one would say lower economic class or something similar? He also seemed uncomfortable referencing that group, as well. I don't know how to explain it, or how to put my finger on it, but it felt creepy.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Did anyone else hear the way Romney uses the term "poor" as odd sounding? "The poor" in places it seemed to make sense that one would say lower economic class or something similar? He also seemed uncomfortable referencing that group, as well. I don't know how to explain it, or how to put my finger on it, but it felt creepy.
Yea, I'm one of the pooooooor.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

romeny back peddeled ... he is for big oil co. and against the US becomming mor e independent .. he did not create teh health care for massachusetts it was already to go inplace .. he shouldnt be taking credit for that .. it was all democtaric designed. b4 he got here in massachusetts .. u cant go on state worth in college tution .. students need fed gov help .. period. thats not improving education when u have highly intelligent ppl in thsi world who deserve to go to college on their own and NOT ask mom and dad .. who usualy cant afford college .. i agree obama didnt seem comfotable in teh debate .. I would assume it didnt change the minds of the american public at all about Obama if theyhave been FOLLOWING Romeny to begin with ,, ** wipes both sides of Romeny's mouth **
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #27
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Politico already has Chris Matthew's tearing his hair out comments up online --

Quote:
By MACKENZIE WEINGER |
10/3/12 11:12 PM EDT

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Wednesday had one major question after the debate: “Where was Obama tonight?”

Matthews — who said Wednesday night's showdown “wasn’t an MSNBC debate, was it?” because it didn’t mention the “key fighting points of this campaign" — blasted Obama’s debate performance, saying he went into the night “disarmed.” What Romney was doing tonight, unlike Obama, was "winning," Matthews said.

“Where was Obama tonight?” Matthews asked. “He should watch — well, not just ‘Hardball,’ Rachel [Maddow], he should watch you, he should watch the Reverend Al [Sharpton], he should watch Lawrence [O'Donnell], he would learn something about this debate. There's a hot debate going on in this country. Do you know where it’s being held? Here on this network is where we're having the debate. We have our knives out. We go after the people and the facts. What was he doing tonight? He went in there disarmed.”

Matthews described Obama’s debate performance as “like, ‘I’ll wait an hour and a half, I think I can get through this thing. I don’t even look at this guy.' Whereas Romney — I loved the split screen, staring at Obama, addressing him, like the prey. He did it just right. I'm coming at an incumbent. I've got to beat him. You gotta beat the champ, and I’m gonna beat him tonight. And I don't care what this guy moderator, whatever he thinks he is, because I'm going to ignore him. What was Romney doing? He was winning.”

Matthews said he didn’t know what Obama “was doing out there — he had his head down. He was enduring the debate rather than fighting it.”

Romney, though, went out there with a “plan” to dominate the evening, and he succeeded, Matthews said.

“He was going to dominate the time. He was going to be aggressive. He was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively. He was going to relish the evening, enjoying it. Nothing to do with the words he spoke. Here's my question for Obama. I know he likes to say he doesn't watch cable television, but maybe he should start. Maybe he should start. I don't know how he let Romney get away with the crap he threw out tonight about social security,” Matthews said.

Matthews also criticized the president for not invoking Romney’s history at Bain Capital and his “47 percent” comments that were secretly filmed during a private fundraiser.

“Why didn't Obama say that? Why didn’t he say that?” Matthews asked.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

According to Politico, there's a twitter thread called #SilentJimLehrer.

Okay, I am going to try to chill too. Sigh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

My BP can't take another "debate" like this one.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #30
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I am stuned that Obama wasnt the same speaker he was in 08,I thought tonight he would be stronger than he was.I still will vote for himcause I never thought Romney was a man of the people cause he is an ovr rich loud mouth who is in it for even more for him and his like.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #31
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Be as disappointed as you please with the President's performance in the debate, but he did keep the pressure on Romney. I rather appreciate that he kept bringing up Romney's clusterfuck of a deficit plan and the extreme vagueness of his policies--a running theme was that Obama was willing to reveal his policies and admit to their costs, whereas Romney kept playing a sad and bizarre shell game, presumably on the assumption that if he just pretends the costs of his un-policies aren't there, voters will imagine him to shit sunshine and rainbows.

That said, Romney was very well-prepared and well-spoken for a night of arguing. It's just that he's such a vapid excuse for a candidate that his performance was just that--a slick song-and-dance routine, and nothing more. His lying may or may not have won him the debate, but it is doubtful that it will win him the election--Romney simply wasn't thinking about the long-term consequences as opposed to the short-term ones. Obama, on the other hand, now has a whole mess of Romney lies that he can throw back in his face with poison added, in addition to the light shined on the magical faerie dust hole in his deficit policy.

Sure, if taken entirely in a vacuum, Romney did very well. The thing is... this isn't a vacuum. For all the unpleasant shit that can be said about the American voting public, they have been paying an unusual amount of attention this election cycle, and Romney was thus setting himself up for a long-term failure.

So when I was watching the debates, I was worried. But in retrospect, I think Obama was allowing Romney to tie the noose around his own neck. And I don't have any particular doubt as to whether Obama will hang him by it.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #32
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Yea but we're not the voters he needed to convince. I got his back, but there are too many independent and frankly ignorant folks who bought Robme's lies. He missed some prime opportunities, and it showed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

And it's we libs who are complaining about Obama's performance not having been good enough. Outside of MSNBC he's been getting a more favourable review, or so I heard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Where? 'Cause FB is not so forgiving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #35
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Yea but we're not the voters he needed to convince. I got his back, but there are too many independent and frankly ignorant folks who bought Robme's lies. He missed some prime opportunities, and it showed.
I agree.

And those that are independents do not watch MSNBC, they watch Fox or mainstream and they don't hear the lies.

They only hear them if they are called out in a nonpartisan situation as in the debates.

The debates are the only realistic way to call out the ridiculous hypothetical, hypocritical, no real plan, ass-kissing, political mumbo jumbo that Romney spews.

We can only hope/pray/believe that this will be done in the next debates.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Where? 'Cause FB is not so forgiving.
I was actually speaking of a local channel, but after checking CNN (which might be a better indicator), well, shit.

It's not like Obama to just let himself get walked on for no reason, though. So I'm going to hold onto the hypothesis that Obama was letting Romney walk into a trap--Obama plays a long-term game, and if he somehow calculated that letting Romney run his mouth tonight would give him a prime opportunity to deal a killing blow later, it wouldn't surprise me if he chose to do exactly that. The debate may yet turn out to be a pyrrhic victory for Romney.

...Orrrrr perhaps it's just Obama's overconfidence getting ahead of him and he wasn't expecting Romney to be that on the ball. If that's the case, we can expect Obama to be far better-prepared in round two.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #37
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Salon.com has the debate debunk if anyone is interested.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #38
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

feeling less intensely about it -- but did you see the video of andrew sullivan's reaction?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #39
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Battleship Metaphor's and more...

Loved it that Medusa used the "sink your ship" metaphor: I found an early press release on last night's debate published by US News and toward the end of the article, I found a similar gem:
"Second, while the Romney campaign seems to bank on distinct moments in time to turn the race—first the vice presidential rollout was going to restart the campaign, then the Republican National Convention was going to spark a Romney surge—the fact is that elections are akin to aircraft carriers. They generally don't turn on a dime," (Robert Schlesinger; Oct. 3, 2012)

You can find the full article >>> HERE <<<

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #40
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I for one purposely didn't watch The Debate. I didn't want to see bullshit going back and forth like kids slinging mud at one another and who can outdo who, especially with that rich, lying, imbecile Romney...

This type of crap gets on my nerves and why waste my energy and evening on that shit. I'm an Obama fan and hope he wins. And either fortunately or unfortunately whatever is going to happen, is going to happen no matter what.

I wanted to enjoy my evening watching my DVR shows. Which, by the way, I did watch a few episodes of "Long Island Medium"

All I know is if Romney does win...We're all fucked...And, I didn't need to watch the debate to know that.

P.S. I saw a bit of recap while watching the news while getting ready for work and saw you had to throw in Big Bird, really Romney, really? That's what came to your head(rolls eyes) Uh, yeah, Ok...Dimwit...

Last edited by Scorp; 10-04-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post: