Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 02-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's not OK to..........

I'm starting this thread in the political threads but it can pertain to anything you wish to post about that you think isn't OK to either do or not do!

Not do the job you were elected and sent to Washington to do!

I'm incensed that Senate Republicans vowed to deny holding confirmation hearings for anyone the President nominates !And yes I get the "whole" idea about why one party wants to wait until after an election .... blah blah blah This is the same Senate that refused to pass a budget therefore shutting down the govt for several days DO YOUR JOB!!!

Can you just imagine if you walked into work one day and after your boss handed you an assignment you refused to do it???
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's NOT okay to....

Great thread topic, homoe!

On the political front, it's NOT okay to:

1) Complain about politics, the politic process, the laws being passed, and the state of our country if you don't vote

2) Just be an 'armchair warrior' and not participate in some way, in some form in making the world a better place, however you picture that. Passion without action is wasted energy. I understand being fed up with the political process, the corruption, the deception. But, all of us are capable in participating at even the grass roots level of helping to create change.

3) Think that anyone's vote is not valid, no matter how silly or archaic or horrible their ideology may be. I'm sure there are many out there who think those who support gay rights and marriage equality have somehow dis-earned the right to vote. I have to really watch myself with this one.

4) Be a leader, supporter, voter in support of 'Family Values' aka Christian Fundamentalist values and have done any of the following: (a) molested anyone (b) had several to many marriages (c) participated in sexual activity with anyone other than my spouse (d) have sent their children to boarding school so that they can have a 'better education' aka so we don't have to raise you (e) claim to be 'Christian' but obviously see acting as a Christian aka WWJD as unnecesssary.

In other areas of life, it's NOT okay to:

1) Cut in line

2) Not pick up your dog's poop

3) Litter
Old 02-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Companies, Corporations, and Conglomerates.....

It’s not OK to fire long time employee’s, who now just happen to be in the higher wage brackets, under the guise of “downsizing” ,position elimination” ,or what have you ONLY to be replaced with younger workers under newly created positions (often very similar to the old positions that were supposedly “eliminated”) at a much lower rate of pay! When, if ever, will corporate American value the dedicated loyal employees who hold and contribute the knowledge and experience that sometimes can’t be judged simply by a price tag?

Sometimes companies hop over a nickel to pick up a penny! Thankfully the younger workers are smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall a lot earlier than their processors and tend to jump ship when a better offer comes their way!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #4
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

It is not okay to destroy an entire town's drinking water source and when called on it, delay the repair (Flint, Michigan). Those are real human beings you are harming, Gov. Snyder.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Pass off rudeness and cruelty with statements like "I'm just saying it as it is; I just have strong opinions, and I have a right to them."

1) you can be blunt without being nasty or a bigot. For instance, a friend just asked me if I would please please please massage today? For his kid? His kid is recouperating from a cold and knows a massage would help and he really want to try what massage therapy is like. Blunt and respectful: no, as much as I'd really love to introduce someone to massage, especially your kid , I am exhausted. I need down time today. I need to be rested for my studying and exams next week."
"I will pay you extra!"
"That's a kind offer but I can't take the extra money anyway. But the thought is kind. I have to rest up."

Blunt without being an asshole: " I'm sorry, I understand you have views on sex workers, but since I am an ex sex worker, I would like to have a pleasant meal with our friends without getting in into an argument. I'd prefer if we switched to another subject."

2) many of us have strong opinions. Emotional Intelligence lets us know when the right time and right way to express them. Talking about your views about anti-marriage, is really not appropriate at a wedding ceremony, for example, or when your friends announce an engagement. That's when you understand that

3) your "right" to having an opinion means sometimes you shut the fuck up and listen to other people's. I don't speak in POC spaces. I don't speak, unless asked, in genderqueer spaces. I don't speak in First Nation spaces. I don't speak in disability spaces (unless they are talking about dyslexia). Those are the times I shut the fuck up and listen.

Also, just because you have an opinion does not mean you are entitled to voice it. I'm not in the states. We don't have a freedom of speech law. We have anti-hate laws. That means if you express an opinion in public areas that encourage people to harm others "gays should be excecuted" or "it should be legal to rape women on pvt property" that's against the law. So you may have an opinion, but if it's considered encouraging others to harm people, you best shut up about it unless you are in your car or house if you are on a Canuck website, a U.K. Website (same law) or in either of those countries.

Also your freedom of opinion does not mean that others cannot ask you to leave or shut up if they don't like it. If you are in a privately owned space, the person can ask you to leave rather than to hear your views. The American law of freedom of speech means you won't be brought up on charges for expressing your views in a public space. It doesn't mean everyone else has to listen to it or not respond to it. If you make your opinion known, in public, someone *can* respond to it and tell you just what they think of it, or what parts of your opinion are logically unsound or invalid.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
It is not okay to destroy an entire town's drinking water source and when called on it, delay the repair (Flint, Michigan). Those are real human beings you are harming, Gov. Snyder.
Thank you Andrea! I was in the process of posting about this exact thing, but you've put it so elegantly I don't feel a need to
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

IT IS NOT OK
FOR OUR POLITICIANS TO VOTE THEMSELVES, RAISES AND IMPROVED BENEFITS

IT IS NOT OK TO NOT GIVE PEOPLE ON SSI A COST OF LIVING RAISE OR TO DECREASE THEIR BENEFITS OR JACK UP THEIR DEDUCTIBLES OR PREMIUMS

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
IT IS NOT OK
FOR OUR POLITICIANS TO VOTE THEMSELVES, RAISES AND IMPROVED BENEFITS

IT IS NOT OK TO NOT GIVE PEOPLE ON SSI A COST OF LIVING RAISE OR TO DECREASE THEIR BENEFITS OR JACK UP THEIR DEDUCTIBLES OR PREMIUMS

It was stated that there was no cost of living wages raise due to the low cost of oil prices but that's crazy and I don't follow their logic! I didn't see prices falling at the grocery stores or anywhere else for that matter!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #9
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

It's not ok for our politicians to vote to go to war and not take care of our disabled veterans when they return home. It's NOT OK AT ALL.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

It's NOT ok for corportions/companies to shut down here in the states, lay off workers, and then reopen in other countries where it's lower waged and less benefits paid to employees. There should actually be a law AGAINST it IMHO.
I lost my job with GoodYear Tire and Rubber Company just for this very reason. FAIR TRADE ACT MY ASS IMHO.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It’s not OK for politicians and/or a sitting president to sign a proclamation of war while their own children get a deferment from serving in the service
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It’s not OK for sexual assaults on college campuses to be swept under the proverbial rug and pretend they are not happening! These institutions have a financial incentive to do just that!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #13
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It was NEVER OK for higher ups in the Catholic Archdiocese to chose "avoiding public scandal over the well-being of innocent children". “Priests were returned to ministry with full knowledge they were child predators.”

Everyday it seems some new cover-up comes to light (recently as yesterday) involving higher ups. It's such a shame so many of these are either dead or the statue of limitation has expired!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #14
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

IT'S NOT OKAY TO HAVE PREMIUMS SO HIGH THAT SENIOR CITIZENS CAN'T AFFORD MEDICATION OR HEALTH CARE!

It is also not OK to have to choose between eating or getting medications.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:39 PM   #15
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's not OK for companies to be able to take advantage of the so called tax inversions loopholes where US companies can move their headquarters abroad, avoiding the taxman while keeping executives stateside, scoring government contracts, and taking full advantage of public benefits for employees!!!
According to Mother Jones here are some stats of accumulated offshore profits at end of 2013: General Electric: $110 billion Microsoft: $76.4 billion Pfizer: $69 billion Apple: $54.4 billions Exxon Mobil: $48 billion Citigroup: $43.8 billion Google: $38.9 billion Goldman Sachs: $22 billion Walmart: $19 billionMcDonald's: $16 billion

R E A L L Y Pfizer, how much friggin profits do you need!

When you're sitting, doing your taxes this year, ponder what would HAPPEN to you if you tried this little stunt!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #16
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

IT IS NOT OKAY to assume or take things out of context before knowing what someone truly meant!

It is not okay for certain people to be tax exempt when the rest of us have to pay taxes.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 PM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's NOT OK for any auto make ,let alone GM, to know there is a defective ignition switch for more than a decade and do absolutely nothing about it until their hand was forced! At least 124 people lost their life and that is NOT OK at all!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Not OK for the NBA to just simply suggest it was considering moving its next All-Star game, scheduled to take place in Charlotte North Carolina in 2017, because of the passing of House Bill 2!

Adam Silver, grow a pair and JUST DO IT!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

For Mississippi’s governor Phil Bryant to sign into law the “Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act” that protects “sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions,” of government employees and then BACKTRACK!

The law says that government employees who authorize or issue marriage licenses or perform marriages can recuse themselves due to their beliefs, so long as these licenses and marriages are “not impeded or delayed as a result of any recusal.” I believe this is what one calls covering their ass!

Tomorrow you try telling your boss, when they assign you a job you find moral or religiously objectionable, you'd like to 'recuse' yourself from it! See how that flies!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2016, 05:48 PM   #20
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's not OK for Alabama Governor Robert Bentley to be such a massive hypocrite! Bentley (former church deacon) refereed to gays and lesbians as perverts who need serious punishment while he carried on an affair with a married aide, hiding her salary through a shady 501 (c) (4) organization as well as being accused of spending $1,700 on "burner" phones to conceal the relationship. While governor you slashed birth control funding, tried to 'regulate legal abortions out of existence" and denounced same-sex marriage as an unnatural "social experiment".

WHO needs punishment???????
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: