Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Fluff Forums Announcement: READ ME!

Hey Folks!

We have received several reports and complaints lately about members misusing several of the threads in the "Fluff" forum for posting thinly-veiled comments about exes, ex-friends, and general drama and shit-stirring.

Just so we are super clear: We aren't having any of that.

We, the Mods and Admins, have been super busy in our real lives lately and haven't been as personally vigilant with the threads there as we normally are and we are seeing an increase in people posting things that are ugly, dramatic, attention-seeking in gross ways, and poking-type posts at exes and people with whom they are having an issue.

Some of the threads where we are seeing an increase in misuse of posting privileges:
  • The Dear Thread
  • The Can I Just Say Thread
  • The You Should Know Thread
  • The Listening Thread (in the Inner Sanctum Forum)
If you are having an issue with someone on the site, you need to handle your issue with that person like an adult and either engage directly with them (by private message or preferably, off-site) or ignore them completely.

It is childish and disrespectful to the entire community for people to play out their drama in threads where others who are oblivious to their issues are trying to have a good time.

I want to ask folks to consider this before posting: Will the Admins, Moderators, or other folks on the site read this post and possibly think I am jabbing at someone here?

If you answer "yes", then please refrain from posting.

For example:

This post will get moderated: "Dear *, You are a freaking dumbass and I can't believe I wasted my time with you!"

If you come back and tell us it was about your vaccuum cleaner, you're out of luck.

This truly isn't supposed to be a slapdown to anyone because I think our community does really well with keeping the space positive...and that's the way we want to keep it!

This community has grown so much in the last 3 years and you all have really done an amazing job with rebuilding a postive space where people feel respected and heard. I appreciate everyone who continues to post their thoughts in positive and thoughtful ways and can't wait to see us continue on as the most active site on the web for Butches, Femmes, and Transfolks.

Thanks to you all for your help!
Angie
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Member Photo Albums

*bumpity*

Just bumping this a few times today so we can all see this message.

Thanks for your help!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hey Folks!

We have received several reports and complaints lately about members misusing several of the threads in the "Fluff" forum for posting thinly-veiled comments about exes, ex-friends, and general drama and shit-stirring.

Just so we are super clear: We aren't having any of that.

We, the Mods and Admins, have been super busy in our real lives lately and haven't been as personally vigilant with the threads there as we normally are and we are seeing an increase in people posting things that are ugly, dramatic, attention-seeking in gross ways, and poking-type posts at exes and people with whom they are having an issue.

Some of the threads where we are seeing an increase in misuse of posting privileges:
  • The Dear Thread
  • The Can I Just Say Thread
  • The You Should Know Thread
  • The Listening Thread (in the Inner Sanctum Forum)
If you are having an issue with someone on the site, you need to handle your issue with that person like an adult and either engage directly with them (by private message or preferably, off-site) or ignore them completely.

It is childish and disrespectful to the entire community for people to play out their drama in threads where others who are oblivious to their issues are trying to have a good time.

I want to ask folks to consider this before posting: Will the Admins, Moderators, or other folks on the site read this post and possibly think I am jabbing at someone here?

If you answer "yes", then please refrain from posting.

For example:

This post will get moderated: "Dear *, You are a freaking dumbass and I can't believe I wasted my time with you!"

If you come back and tell us it was about your vaccuum cleaner, you're out of luck.

This truly isn't supposed to be a slapdown to anyone because I think our community does really well with keeping the space positive...and that's the way we want to keep it!

This community has grown so much in the last 3 years and you all have really done an amazing job with rebuilding a postive space where people feel respected and heard. I appreciate everyone who continues to post their thoughts in positive and thoughtful ways and can't wait to see us continue on as the most active site on the web for Butches, Femmes, and Transfolks.

Thanks to you all for your help!
Angie

Bumping this post and will be adding the below in several other threads:

I have just updated our TOS to reflect the following:

"The Un-Named Target" - Do NOT use any of our threads for passive-aggressive postings designed to poke at someone who is a member. The "Dear" thread, "CIJS" thread, or any other thread are not to be used for hurling insults or jabs at an "un-named target" where you use plausible deniability about who it could be. If you make a post that is ugly and we think you might be posting about someone here, you will be moderated, so it is *your responsibility* to be very clear who you are posting about.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I'm having trouble understanding the part about the vacuum cleaner.