Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #201
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

I just started The claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice

It's Squirmy good..........
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #202
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading from four texts and various scholarly literature available for collaboration studies.

Bernard, T. (2010). Hope and Hard Times: Communities, Collaboration & Sustainability. Canada: New Society Publishers.

Cox, R. (2010). Environmental Communication and the Public Sphere. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications.

Brick, P., Snow, P., Van de Wettering, S. (Eds.). (2001). Across the Great Divide: Explorations in Collaborative Conservation and the American West. Washington, DC: Island Press Publishers.

Gray, B. (1989). Collaborating: Finding Common Ground for Multiparty Problems. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers.

And 9 sources of scholarly literature to include authors: Deetz (2008), Fischer, Ury & Patton (1991), Heath & Frey (2004), Heath (2010, in press), Levinas & Buber (2004), Lukensmeyer & Brigham (2005), Spano (2001), Barge (2002), Kennedy (2006, Congressional Testimony doc).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #203
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished reading Martha O’Conner’s Bitch Posse. Yes, it unequivocally challenges what “chic lit” is—by its preface and conclusion, and it’s “content.” It’s been about three hours since I completed the novel, but I’m still impassioned. And maybe not in the best of ways. Yes, I adored the characters, the plot (or, rather, the supposed, dramatic “pinnacle”)— I predicted. But, I felt depressed and angered during the entire ordeal [and I choose the word “ordeal”] of reading the novel—and maybe that was the point. The novel, to me, feels like a compilation of Duncan Lois (Killing Mr. Griffin and Daughters of Eve, in particular) and any one of Carol Oates’ pieces [I’m thinking of her short story, “Where are you going, Where have you been?”—one of my favorites, in particular]. I’m aggravated, I think (in particular), because I expected to feel empowered by reading this text; instead, I feel like I’ve listened to an entire oeuvre of a music artist and still none-the-wiser—about the artist or myself. Maybe I expect too much from fiction, but I am totally dismayed.

Aggravated bibliophile (or am i just all punk?!),
D---

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My housemate brought me a book from the library called Signspotting, because I like stuff like this. Basically, it's what it sounds like....spotting odd/weird/unusual/funny/etc signs.

Some of my faves thus far:

Promised Land: CLOSED
Evacuation Route--Not a Through Street
Forest Closes at 11:00PM
Caution: Please Be Aware that the Balcony is not on Ground Level
To Feed Fish Please Lay Down and Reach for the Water
Dead Peoples Things for Sale
Barf Bed & Breakfast
Toilet ----> Stay in Your Car

The last book she brought home for me? I Haz a Hotdog, the canine version of Lolcatz.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #205
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Eat Pray Love (again)

Elizabeth Gilbert (author)
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #206
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

the yellow heart a collection of poems by pablo neruda...in spanish
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #207
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default New books!

I like giving and reading book reviews in this cozy little book club of our on the Planet. My thanks to you who give book reviews! I finally finished Anne River Siddons Off Season and found it to be better than good! I always like her books. They are what I call "women's books": not chicklit, not romances (in the Harlequin sense) but well-written books for women who have lived a bit. They always make me think, and the ending on this one will have me considering its ramifications for a while. Then I moved on to listening to Life Laid Bare:The Survivors in Rwanda Speak. This book presents 14 Tutsi survivors accounts of the 1994 Hutu genocide of the Tutsis in Rwanda. This will be a book that I will have to listen to in small amounts. Aside from being extremely graphic, it presents the survivors thoughts on WHY the genocide happened, how it changed forever their views of life and death, and how they live now. Most so far seem to have found no reason for why it happened and speak disparaging of the views put forth by sociologists. It happened; that is all one can say. I'd love to discuss this book with someone else. May I put it forth as as the first book for our emerging Book Club? Then I found EXACTLY the right book for my life now: Rightsizing Your Life by Cigi Ware. This book is giving me hope that I CAN change my life! That, nomatter that I am ill, I do have resources upon which and whom I can draw! Thank you, Ms. Ware! Happy reading, all!!!
Namaste,
LadyWu
Old 06-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #208
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Just started Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #209
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Elie Wiesel's "And the Sea is Never Full, Memoirs, 1969 - " the follow up to the first volume of his memoirs "All Rivers Run to the Sea."

How I would love to spend a few hours talking with this amazing man.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #210
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love this story, so I'm re-reading it!

That Old Ace in the Hole
by Annie Proulx
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #211
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mahabharata by Krishna Dharma
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #212
leatherfaery

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I like my nouns Pro
Relationship Status:
in deep

leatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputation
Post right now

My Dark Places by James Ellroy
leatherfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leatherfaery For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #213
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Chapter House Dune

Get Thin from the inside Out

How to outwit a cat

Dummies guild to Mentalpos..
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #214
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Blockade Billy -

By Stephen King

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #215
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

The Book Thief...... a novel by Markus Zusak. Set in Nazi Germany, it describes a young girl's relationships with her foster parents, the other residents of their neighborhood, and a Jewish fist-fighter who hides in her home during the escalation of World War II. The story is told from the point of view of Death.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #216
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherfaery View Post
My Dark Places by James Ellroy
I haven't read this one but I have read his first novel "The Black Dahlia". These two works are somewhat related in that the murder of his mother led to his interest in the Elizabeth Short murder. Have you read "The Black Dahlia"? I'd be interested in your comments on the relationship between the two books/murders.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #217
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Passage-Justin-Cronin/dp/0345504968"]The Passage by Justin Cronin[/ame]

It's so deliciously disturbing.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #218
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

the Sookie Stackhouse books (the series that the show Tru Blood is based on).
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #219
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Yesterday I picked up a copy of "When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But)" by Geneen Roth. Recommended by the ladies at one of my favorite local women's stores, The Bag Lady, who tell me they cannot keep it in stock.

This is going to be my "purse book" today...Yes, I am such a nerd that I always have a book in my purse for reading at lunch, sitting at traffic lights or any other waiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #220
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. i think she lives in Ann Arbor. Pretty engrossing. Vampires and research in old archives.
It took me awhile and a few attempts to get started with this book (it seemed overly descriptive, long, and rambling). However, once I did get deeper into the book it was well worth it. Enjoy!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading