Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I couldn't decide where I wanted to post this so I looked through my subscribed threads and it was a toss up between "Word of the Day" and this, "What made you smile today?" I opted for the smile since it is National Smile Day ♡

From Sally Field's Twitter {@sally_field} . . .
I like Samantha Bee a lot, but she is flat wrong to call Ivanka a cunt. Cunts are powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest.
Who knew Sally Field, the Flying Nun and Forrest Gump's momma was such a bad ass motherfucker!?! I love the empowerment of her tweet and kinda think she's the coolest person in my day today.

Vintage can you help me understand why you think this tweet was empowering? I keep trying to see it but I seem to be missing something.

All I am seeing is Bee using vulgarity to insult another woman and Field also insulting the same woman minus the vulgarity.

In my mind, misogyny and sexism is misogyny and sexism regardless of which gender happens to be expressing it.

So, how is insulting a woman empowering?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #20802
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Vintage can you help me understand why you think this tweet was empowering? I keep trying to see it but I seem to be missing something.

All I am seeing is Bee using vulgarity to insult another woman and Field also insulting the same woman minus the vulgarity.

In my mind, misogyny and sexism is misogyny and sexism regardless of which gender happens to be expressing it.

So, how is insulting a woman empowering?
I'm so sorry but I cannot help you understand this if you do not already. Besides, it made me smile and that is the theme of this thread. Tulapip.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #20803
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I'm so sorry but I cannot help you understand this if you do not already. Besides, it made me smile and that is the theme of this thread. Tulapip.

Thank you.

Makes me sad to think some people think there is something empowering about women deliberately choosing to demean, disparage, and insult other women with or without vulgarity attached. To hear it makes them smile makes me even sadder.

Kind of like saying if someone uses the n word in such a way to demean, disparage, and insult a black person, it's really ok cuz its really empowering for them....they just dont know it.

Learn something new everyday.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #20804
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:

Thank you.

Makes me sad to think some people think there is something empowering about women deliberately choosing to demean, disparage, and insult other women with or without vulgarity attached. To hear it makes them smile makes me even sadder.

Kind of like saying if someone uses the n word in such a way to demean, disparage, and insult a black person, it's really ok cuz its really empowering for them....they just dont know it.

Learn something new everyday.

Kobi-

Your post was reported for badgering and for being passive-aggressive AF.

You've been modded for this type of shit multiple times and I'm over it. If you don't like what someone says you have options: report it, engage without taking personal swipes, or keep your mouth shut.

Anything outside of those options is not acceptable.

Also? For someone who is such a die-hard Feminist and so "woman positive", you might want to examine the way you talk to other women on this site. The head-patting is tedious and talking to other (clearly smart, articulate, educated) women as if they are beneath you is bullshit.

Move along.

Angie
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #20805
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Kobi-

Your post was reported for badgering and for being passive-aggressive AF.

You've been modded for this type of shit multiple times and I'm over it. If you don't like what someone says you have options: report it, engage without taking personal swipes, or keep your mouth shut.

Anything outside of those options is not acceptable.

Also? For someone who is such a die-hard Feminist and so "woman positive", you might want to examine the way you talk to other women on this site. The head-patting is tedious and talking to other (clearly smart, articulate, educated) women as if they are beneath you is bullshit.

Move along.

Angie

With all due respect Angie, your prior wrist slaps have said if you dont understand what someone is saying, ask them.

That's what I did. I did not understand why this was empowering to women and I was asking for an explanation. I also included why I was having difficulty understanding.

My apologies to VK and this site for simply trying to understand something that didnt make sense to me.

Moving on.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #20806
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:

With all due respect Angie, your prior wrist slaps have said if you dont understand what someone is saying, ask them.

That's what I did. I did not understand why this was empowering to women and I was asking for an explanation. I also included why I was having difficulty understanding.

My apologies to VK and this site for simply trying to understand something that didnt make sense to me.

Moving on.

Let me illustrate for you the part that needs to stop happening:

"To hear it makes them smile makes me even sadder."

It's fine to ask for clarification but asking for clarification generally stops at : "Hey, can you help me understand this?"

It doesn't elongate the conversation with value judgments on the other person or little quips like "learn something new every day" that appear to be designed to head-pat or outright dismiss the other person's position.

Thanks.

Now, to move this conversation along from the derail:

What made me smile today?

Getting home early from work today and starting to work down my enormous list of "to do" tasks AND having the motivation to do it! WOOT!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #20807
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Last day before my week long vacation! Woo hoo!!!

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #20808
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a good time with customers today and my coworker was funny as Hell. Then, she pulled out the Gollum.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #20809
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I smiled as I participated in National Doughnut Day.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #20810
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

coming home to her...

Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 03:09 AM   #20811
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

A late night joy ride in the fog.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #20812
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

It was not really a smile, it was more like a smirky chuckle followed by "Did I just see what I thought I saw?"
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #20813
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I smiled as I participated in National Doughnut Day.
Who wouldn't.................
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #20814
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smile

Tuesday night I checked into a beautiful historic hotel in Galveston, Texas and presto changeo they gave me a huge suite. I had two entrance doors, a huge living room, dinning room, bar, fridge, ice machine, two bathrooms, and a large bedroom. All at no charge to me! Yay!

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 10:34 PM   #20815
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
coming home to her...

good, do it again my love!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #20816
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

the positivity of the people i have surrounded myself with!
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #20817
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,414 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation

I just spent most of the evening with Mel C.'s doppelganger! If it wasn't for the fact that she was about a foot shorter (at a guess) and dee-less, I would have thought it was her! Strange! But kinda cool.

And yes, she was very, very butch and very, very gay.

Makes ya wonder, eh? 🤔
Old 06-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #20818
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Having dinner with my sister while she was in town for a conference. We don't often get to see each other, so this was a special treat!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #20819
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fisherman save bear cubs

http://www.historyinorbit.com/moment...s+Drowning+Cub
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #20820
knight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

knight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smile

An adorable toddler that jumped into my arms and gave me a hug, while I was waiting at the Dentist office.
knight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to knight For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy, joy, smile