Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have to share with you what happened tonight.

My daughter, Liz, and her friend Ginger came over unexpectantly tonight, bearing a gift. Liz was beside herself with wanting to see my reaction...from behind her back she pulled out a plant...

a rose plant

I looked at it and thought "oh how nice, a rose bush"

and she said " not just any rose bush, Mom, its Bubi's rose bush..."

and I burst into tears...and couldnt even talk except to squeal...

when my grandmother came from the old country, she went to Chicago. After her first husband and son died of TB, she moved to relatives in ohio, where she met my grandfather, married and had several children with. She had brought a rose bush start with her from Chicago.

Every daughter received one of those starts off of that huge cottage rose, fragrant pink rose bush over the years

then the grandchildren, like me, got starts of it.

and then the great grandchildren got starts of it...

as we moved and moved and moved around, those starts were left behind. Sometimes they were unintentionally killed. Sometimes blight took them down...

but it got down to no one having any of that rose left...

but, I had an idea...

at one of my houses I had owned and gardened in for several years, that rose bush had flourished. I had wanted to go get it when I found out the house was owned by the bank. The people who bought it off of me had ruined the house and all the gardens. The house was set to be demolished.

My daughter told me the rose bush was not there. I drove past and could not see it...

I gave up. That family rose was forever gone...

until tonight...

my daughter had gone back to see the house and it had been demolished. The ground was upturned and all that was left was plods of soil and well, one single rose bush, right where this old rose had been for decades...

she ran to a neighbors, asked for a shovel and they helped her dig it out and put it in plastic with some water..then drove fast over to my trailer...

she has given me, and all the women in my family, momentum....it will carry on those who came before us and will be saved for all those who come after us.

we drove to Rose Cottage..and planted the pink lady there. No wonder Rose Cottage caught my attention for this house...

no greater housewarming gift could I have received...

the blessings of the mothers by the daughters...

my heart is huge tonight...

thank you Liz and Ginger...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #1022
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
A freaking haircut! I was out of control.

Life is always so much better after a haircut!

It really is.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #1023
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Softness--that is just beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes, no lie.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #1024
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Softness--that is just beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes, no lie.
omg...you have no idea...I am still spilling tears down my face..I cant believe she did this..that this rose was the ONLY thing left in that ground ...that the neighbors helped her...that it is now planted and secure in my new home...I feel like the house has just been blessed...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #1025
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

No more apprapo home warming gift there be.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #1026
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
omg...you have no idea...I am still spilling tears down my face..I cant believe she did this..that this rose was the ONLY thing left in that ground ...that the neighbors helped her...that it is now planted and secure in my new home...I feel like the house has just been blessed...
My own grandmother's name was Rose. She was the warmest, sweetest person. I have some of her things--I especially love her crockery bowls. Whenever I use them, I think of her and it definitely brings me joy.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #1027
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
My own grandmother's name was Rose. She was the warmest, sweetest person. I have some of her things--I especially love her crockery bowls. Whenever I use them, I think of her and it definitely brings me joy.

my actual name is Rosemary. I was named in partial, after my grandmother whose name was Marie. And I am the spitting image of her. If you put our photos next to each other, you would not be able to tell the difference. To have her rose is SO symbolic....
Old 04-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #1028
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #1029
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

knowing GLEE starts again next week
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:40 AM   #1030
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Birds chirping outside the window!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #1031
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
Birds chirping outside the window!

Spring is Here !!!
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #1032
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Being home this evening. And knowing that home is the only place I have to be. Love the busy schedules with community theater, but the breaks are blessed!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #1033
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I found joy:

• In sleeping in my own bed
  • In dinner with my darling stepson
  • In the "where have you BEEN" accusatory meows
  • In knowing Romeo was in his own bed
  • In a wonderful, magical weekend at the Final Four in Indianapolis
  • In remembering to stay open to the Universe
  • In unknown blessings already on their way
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #1034
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Seeing just how much Ellen loves her Mama.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #1035
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Being alive!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #1036
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My joy for today: my life, kind phone calls, and my close relationships.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #1037
Forgetmenotfemme
Timed Out

Forgetmenotfemme is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Happiness and joy and great friends :
Forgetmenotfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forgetmenotfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #1038
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I just got a phone call from the realtor. I get the keys to my new old house tomorrow!!!! He explained that because it was an estate sale, and it had been willed to every child and grandchild who lived around the country, they had to collectg signatures from each and every one of them. Its done and I can bring my cashier's check and get the keys tomorrow!

I am now a home owner again...I swear it was the blessing of the rose I planted yesterday....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #1039
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Being alive!
FEELING Alive!!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #1040
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

-- paying off more debt (almost 73% in the last two months!)

-- getting the forms to get a new work visa to stay in the US on a more permanent basis and thus, setting up the steps to get a green card (and then citizenship?)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:

Tags
joy