Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
Tongue oil?

Yes, they use it for a conditioner and wood finish. Sort of on the lines of linseed oil.

Of course, with the naughty grrl you are, someone might finish your tongue with it, too.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTigress View Post
Yes, they use it for a conditioner and wood finish. Sort of on the lines of linseed oil.

Of course, with the naughty grrl you are, someone might finish your tongue with it, too.

WT
*snort*

How true..

Miss you ..give me a call!

xo
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Briwax, for flat carvings, and linseed oil for staffs.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #24
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
*snort*

How true..

Miss you ..give me a call!

xo
You bet! I'll try to give you a buzz tomorrow.

Hugs!
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I found out that oak was hard to work with. Thats why I went to pine.I haven't made a staff yet, but a patient gave me one he had made, really nice. I think he said it was made out of Indian Thorn tree. Lots of nobes that were cut and sanded down with my name carved in it. Its a Talking Stick.
TIMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
I really enjoy my dremmel. However , I need a few accessories for a piece I am working on.

I found out the hard way that oak is very hard and difficult to work with.

I need to purchase a new wood burner and carving set.

I like tongue oil for finishing the staffs. What do you all use?
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #26
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Finished my Elk carving, and the recipients finally have it in their hands.

Paint, carving and wood burning. Finished in polyurethane and beeswax.

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Starting a new project based on one of my photo's. Lighthouse.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Image outline of lighthouse with tree forms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I'm psyched found a guy who does podcasts of hand made wood working projects. So I am also getting an education on techniques I may use later.
the podcast for interested folks is: logancabinetshoppe.weebly.com
Old 12-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #30
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Just got my beginner carving kit in the mail! The actual project is going to have to wait until after the move..but once we get settled I can't wait to start!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #31
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
Just got my beginner carving kit in the mail! The actual project is going to have to wait until after the move..but once we get settled I can't wait to start!
Unless you already know how to strop I would suggest watching a podcast on how to sharpen your tools. This guy is very knowledgeable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #32
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently working on a walking stick made from a Sky Rocket Juniper tree; it's in the cedar family. It has beautiful purple coloring in multiple places and I'm carving out nice diamond shaped and other shaped carvings to expose the beautiful coloring. I still have lots of sanding to do and a lacquer coat to put on it. Hopefully I'll be able to take a picture with my phone so I can post it online to show how pretty it is
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #33
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I put up a photo of the completed Lighthouse project on my FB.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #34
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I made a shawl pin for Ami it is a horse head.
It was made out of some hard assed wood
Granadillo, it is from Central and South America.
Pics will be up soon on mah FB page.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #35
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I made a shawl pin for Ami it is a horse head.
It was made out of some hard assed wood
Granadillo, it is from Central and South America.
Pics will be up soon on mah FB page.
Mine all mine, mine, mine.............oh, I mean thank you so much honey!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Brand spanking new workbench, with projects upon it. Yes we had to put it together.
Sorry about the size photo bucket is funky.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Looks great. You are stoked I am sure!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #38
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Awsome thread and can't wait to see final project done.

My mamma was a den mother of wolfs,bubs,weeblos etc etc...and in so doing it, I went through it for 8 years as well. So well versed in survival and crafts that boys did...ha

I love to widdle but due to my hand surgery I have to seriously go slow when I do.

Can't wait to see your project.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #39
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Looks great. You are stoked I am sure!

Dude I have the pizza plate and the sock blocker to do, as you can see, I've already hashed out the forms and cut to expose the shapes. Now that I have a proper bench with vise it's gonna go much faster, with less stress to the joints. Mine not the wood.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #40
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
Awsome thread and can't wait to see final project done.

My mamma was a den mother of wolfs,bubs,weeblos etc etc...and in so doing it, I went through it for 8 years as well. So well versed in survival and crafts that boys did...ha

I love to widdle but due to my hand surgery I have to seriously go slow when I do.

Can't wait to see your project.
I need to find better photo graphics to put more pics up, photobucket takes up waaaaaaaaay too much space.