Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #61
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Check!

The plows have been running nearly nonstop. I was out at midnight with one of the guys and gave him some tips where he could push the snow and I see that he did NOT heed my advice. This means much more work for me and my coworker and possibly more insurance claims by some of our customers. Oy.

The good news is that I still have power and, super importantly, HEAT. Even though NY didn't get what was expected, we did and we still are. We're not weaseling out of this one, unfortunately.

When I opened my front door, the snow was at my hip. When I opened the back door....the door I shoveled at 6pm, 10pm and midnight....there's a smidge more than a foot and a half of snow packed up against the door.

The wind's been crazy wild all night long and the house creaked and moaned along with it. I slept like a baby but then I'm the weirdo that actually like turbulence on a plane because it's lulling to me. I guess my mom rocked the cradle harder than most.

Be safe out there, New Englanders. Less than 24 hours of this left!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #62
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

New Englanders and ME,MA, RI, NY, NJ VT peeps and all others in the path of the storm check in please ! Let us all know how the weather is there where you are ok.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #63
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Blizzard warning in effect for NE again. I sure hope everyone on the East Coast is doing ok. I know there's way too much snow there to get rid of.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #64
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

MAJOR TEXAS FLOODING: AUSTIN,BASTROP,SAN MARCOS, WIMBERELY and surrounding areas of AUSTIN and those cities. According to a friend of mine, a school in San Marcos,TX was hit by a tornado that ravaged the areas.
Dallas and surrounding cities in Texas also hit by major rain and flooding.
Please if you have friends in those areas, contact them and make sure they are alright.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #65
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Not much going on hear but light rain, but tomorrow it's supposed to have thunder storms hear with heavy rain. What I'm watching is my fur kids they are acting really creepy about the weather, most of the time they just deal with it but tonight is really different.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #66
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Tornados a mile wide

AS of Yesterday, there were 4 major storm cells that hit over my area in East of Dallas. They all formed Tornados. I am lucky none touched down where I live in Edgewood. I live 14 miles from one of the EF3 tornados that touched down just north of me. I live 15 miles west of another that touched down in my mom's town. I live 7 miles from one that touched down south of me. These storm cells were growing in size as they passed through our area producing hail, rain storms, high winds, etc. I have video of footage taken from tornados that touched down around my area.
Now, get this......I live 1 hour south of Rowlet TX and 1 hour East of Garland Tx , both of which had EF-3 and EF-4 tornados touch down that caused a massive path of destruction to property and lives, including sucking up cars and trucks off the George Bush Turnpike at I-30 in Garland then moved on into Garland and into Rowlet. All of these storms were produced and flew right over my apartment building. I heard our sirens going off all day long yesterday,I got locked in a small walmart stand alone grocery store in my town when the first storm cell formed. It had hit Grand Saline TX where my mom lives nearby just outside of town. I called her from my cell and told her to take cover in the bathroom because its' the safest place in her home for how it's built. She luckily didn't have to endure any damage but others did nearby. Those storms produced some of the BIGGEST TORNADOS NOT SEEN IN THIS AREA of Texas since the 1950's. I got home from walmart and another alarm sounded while I was outside sitting on my porch smoking, I saw black clouds forming above, then a tiny tail and EVERYTHING GOT QUIET< and I do mean QUIET> the rain stopped, no birds chirped, no wind, and I could see that tail in the sky starting to form above my building. I ran inside and took shelter all the time praying silently. I heard some slight whistling, then everything stopped and the rain started to fall again. I have been in a tornado before and they usually sound like a freight train coming and they whistle. I coudln't believe it had stopped. I couldn't believe my TV news saying a hour or so later that Rowlett and Garland had both been hit by the storm cells that had passed over my area and my building. OMG I have video and pictures of them on my facebook page of people that took them live. MILE FREAKING WIDE !! atleast 11 people died, many injured, much destruction, and 8 people in those vehicles passed away as well. I feel so badly for the victims in this path of destruction. I feel lucky to be able to walk out my door and breathe air. I feel lucky my mom, her brothers and family members weren't hit with this massive storms destruction. I just feel blessed and sad at the same time.
Today, we're experiencing Torrential rain storms causing major flooding in towns surrounding mine and in mine. I mean MAJOR FEET FLOODING. If you''ve ever heard of First Monday Trade Days in Canton,TX, well it's all flooded feet under water there. My uncles property is flooded as well. Freeways are flooded , side roads are flooded, there's not too much that hasn't flooded around my neck of the woods.
I ask for prayers for the people that endured the storms and are still getting flooding, it's supposed to rain tomorrow as well. I think the rain guage my neighbor put out is full. I bet we've had over 2 ft of rain. OMG it's horrible here.

Please pray for those in need. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #67
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you TruTexan, I am glad that you and your mother are safe.

Thunderstorms, rain, and hail here in central Texas.

Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
AS of Yesterday, there were 4 major storm cells that hit over my area in East of Dallas. They all formed Tornados. I am lucky none touched down where I live in Edgewood. I live 14 miles from one of the EF3 tornados that touched down just north of me. I live 15 miles west of another that touched down in my mom's town. I live 7 miles from one that touched down south of me. These storm cells were growing in size as they passed through our area producing hail, rain storms, high winds, etc. I have video of footage taken from tornados that touched down around my area.
Now, get this......I live 1 hour south of Rowlet TX and 1 hour East of Garland Tx , both of which had EF-3 and EF-4 tornados touch down that caused a massive path of destruction to property and lives, including sucking up cars and trucks off the George Bush Turnpike at I-30 in Garland then moved on into Garland and into Rowlet. All of these storms were produced and flew right over my apartment building. I heard our sirens going off all day long yesterday,I got locked in a small walmart stand alone grocery store in my town when the first storm cell formed. It had hit Grand Saline TX where my mom lives nearby just outside of town. I called her from my cell and told her to take cover in the bathroom because its' the safest place in her home for how it's built. She luckily didn't have to endure any damage but others did nearby. Those storms produced some of the BIGGEST TORNADOS NOT SEEN IN THIS AREA of Texas since the 1950's. I got home from walmart and another alarm sounded while I was outside sitting on my porch smoking, I saw black clouds forming above, then a tiny tail and EVERYTHING GOT QUIET< and I do mean QUIET> the rain stopped, no birds chirped, no wind, and I could see that tail in the sky starting to form above my building. I ran inside and took shelter all the time praying silently. I heard some slight whistling, then everything stopped and the rain started to fall again. I have been in a tornado before and they usually sound like a freight train coming and they whistle. I coudln't believe it had stopped. I couldn't believe my TV news saying a hour or so later that Rowlett and Garland had both been hit by the storm cells that had passed over my area and my building. OMG I have video and pictures of them on my facebook page of people that took them live. MILE FREAKING WIDE !! atleast 11 people died, many injured, much destruction, and 8 people in those vehicles passed away as well. I feel so badly for the victims in this path of destruction. I feel lucky to be able to walk out my door and breathe air. I feel lucky my mom, her brothers and family members weren't hit with this massive storms destruction. I just feel blessed and sad at the same time.
Today, we're experiencing Torrential rain storms causing major flooding in towns surrounding mine and in mine. I mean MAJOR FEET FLOODING. If you''ve ever heard of First Monday Trade Days in Canton,TX, well it's all flooded feet under water there. My uncles property is flooded as well. Freeways are flooded , side roads are flooded, there's not too much that hasn't flooded around my neck of the woods.
I ask for prayers for the people that endured the storms and are still getting flooding, it's supposed to rain tomorrow as well. I think the rain guage my neighbor put out is full. I bet we've had over 2 ft of rain. OMG it's horrible here.

Please pray for those in need. Thanks.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2015, 08:55 PM   #68
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

So far we have had lots of lightning and thunder along with blowing rain and wind, it's not coming down real hard but I bet it will by morning.
I feel for everyone who is in the storm path please stay as safe as possible.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #69
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I got out today because I had to and found the roads are clear now. Thank goodness, and I went and checked on mom today. She's fine.
Here's what sums up our forecast since Friday........
Friday .. Sunny and 75 degrees
Sat.... RAIN and 70's
Sunday... Rain with flooding and 65
MONDAY.......... OLD MAN WINTER DROPS A BOMB on us and brings us ICE< SLEET< AND SNOW TO OUR AREA.....Dallas got it bad today. Luckily I didn't get the wintery mix of that mess, we got the cold weather though.
Currently it's 733 pm Central time and it's 36* but with windchill it's 28* with 11 mph winds, temperature dropping fast. Supposed to be below freezing in some areas around me. Our lows are in the low 30's and highs are 40's the rest of this week. With all this rain, it's made it soo cold here, there's so much humidity it's not even funny.

I pray for the victims that had to endure such tragedy of the tornados yesterday. There 11 recorded, but i have video of more on FB that weren't counted that hit my mom's outlying area of town and a few more elsewhere as well. I guess no spotters for them due to them not being able to get out in some areas to drive where they were due to flooding.

Thanks all for the kind words, it's much appreciated. Take care and Thanks again.
Justy
Old 04-18-2016, 05:36 AM   #70
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check -in

Check-in Texans, flooding reported between Austin and Houston.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #71
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am just barely within the flash flood warning zone for Harris County

My job is in Galveston County, which is actually doing ok. No Galveston county government or school district offices have announced closings

I texted my staff that they appear to be expected to come in, but can stay home if they have personal business hours accrued.

I myself am not leaving my house until after rush hour, at least, pending the situation on my actual street, which seems like it may be filling up

The situation has one hour and nine minutes to change

Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #72
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Its pouring! I'm going to watch my rain gauge...@ 8:26 am it was 7.09 inches
@ 8:46 am it's now 8.4 inches

The backyard is full of standing water. I'm up two rather large steps, so I'm good. Not going into work, probably not at all today. Blaze had to, he used his emergency badge to pass thru the road closure barriers.

I'm glued to the news, and am amazed at the sights. I'm sure you will all see the flooding on TV. I'll check back again.

Dark Crystal.....you be safe!
JDeere...where are you?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #73
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Its pouring! I'm going to watch my rain gauge...@ 8:26 am it was 7.09 inches
@ 8:46 am it's now 8.4 inches

The backyard is full of standing water. I'm up two rather large steps, so I'm good. Not going into work, probably not at all today. Blaze had to, he used his emergency badge to pass thru the road closure barriers.

I'm glued to the news, and am amazed at the sights. I'm sure you will all see the flooding on TV. I'll check back again.

Dark Crystal.....you be safe!
JDeere...where are you?
I am still at my house! I really only had three work obligations today and I am arranging to redistribute them
Old 04-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #74
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I am still at my house! I really only had three work obligations today and I am arranging to redistribute them
good!.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #75
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Can anyone reach out to JDeere? He hasn't signed on since last night. Email? Text? His neighborhood is quite flooded.

Here is what we have seen today, all over..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2016, 03:34 PM   #76
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I'm good. Stuck between flooded areas. I can't go any further then clay road near I 10 and only parts of 290. So looks like I will be stuck cleaning out the pool and backyard when all the rain is gone.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #77
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

*bumping for anyone in the Midwest due to potential tornados, hail and thunderstorms today and this week*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter and her family in Florida evacuated due to Hurricane Matthew. Luckily, they were able to get a hotel room.

Some people can't find a hotel or motel room now.

Anyone else in its path, please evacuate and stay safe!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 10-06-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Typo
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #79
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Severe Weather Check In

I am concerned about my friends in the northeast please check in periodically.

Thank you,
Chad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #80
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am concerned about my friends in the northeast please check in periodically.

Thank you,
Chad
Thank you for bumping this~~~
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: