Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #4401
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default House committee to investigate Postmaster General DeJoy over political donations to GOP candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Postmaster General Louis DeJoy allegedly pressured former employees to donate to Republican candidates he supported and then reimbursed them with large bonuses, according to multiple media reports.

Both The Washington Post and The New York Times said Sunday that DeJoy, a top Republican fundraiser and Trump megadonor, urged workers at his former business, New Breed Logistics, to write checks to lawmakers for more than a decade between 2003 and 2014.

The Post spoke with five former employees who corroborated the accounts and analyzed campaign finance records which showed more than $1 million in donations during that period to federal and state GOP candidates. Only $700 was donated to Democratic candidates during the same period by company employees.

“He asked employees for money. We gave him the money, and then he reciprocated by giving us big bonuses,” David Young, a former director of human resources at DeJoy’s company, told the Post. “When we got our bonuses, let’s just say they were bigger, they exceeded expectations — and that covered the tax and everything else.”

Other employees told the Times they were never approached to make political donations, and it’s unclear how they may have been solicited. But Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said the allegations were serious enough that the North Carolina attorney general should open an investigation into the matter.

Sidebar: I saw Trump throw DeJoy under the bus today at his press conference! Perhaps the ballots will get delivered and counted in time after all!
WASHINGTON — A Democrat-led House committee will investigate Postmaster General Louis DeJoy over allegations he pressured employees at his former company into giving political donations to Republicans and helped reimburse the cost.

In a statement first provided to the Washington Post following the outlet's investigation into DeJoy's political contributions, Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., the chair of the House Oversight Committee, said the allegations, if true, meant DeJoy had also lied to the committee during past testimony and urged the Postal Board of Governors, the body overseeing the Postal Service, to "immediately suspend DeJoy."

"If these allegations are true, Mr. DeJoy could face criminal exposure—not only for his actions in North Carolina, but also for lying to our Committee under oath," Maloney said. "We will be investigating this issue, but I believe the Board of Governors must take emergency action to immediately suspend Mr. DeJoy, who they never should have selected in the first place."
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 08:15 AM   #4402
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Receives Stinging Reminder Of Her Own Dishonesty.

Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who confessed under oath to lying to journalists, received a scathing reminder of her own dishonesty after she attempted to defend President Donald Trump from what she called “malicious lies.” Sanders released a video dismissing a report in The Atlantic last week (since confirmed by multiple media outlets, including Fox News) that alleged Trump during a 2018 visit to France described Americans killed in World War I as “suckers” and “losers.” Trump denied making the comments.

In the 44-second clip shared Sunday, Sanders claimed Trump — who has repeatedly denigrated U.S. war heroes and veterans ― “has the greatest respect for the men and women of our armed forces.” “That story couldn’t be further from the truth,” Sanders said of The Atlantic report. “This is a president that loves our country and will do anything to fight to protect it.”

Critics hit back by reminding Sanders of the lies she told on behalf of Trump, most notably when as White House deputy press secretary she claimed to journalists in May 2017 that “countless members of the FBI” did not support former FBI Director James Comey, who had been fired the previous day.

Sanders later confessed to investigators from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s office that the claim was “not founded on anything".

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sarah...b6578026d28d81
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #4403
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Receives Stinging Reminder Of Her Own Dishonesty.

Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who confessed under oath to lying to journalists, received a scathing reminder of her own dishonesty after she attempted to defend President Donald Trump from what she called “malicious lies.” Sanders released a video dismissing a report in The Atlantic last week (since confirmed by multiple media outlets, including Fox News) that alleged Trump during a 2018 visit to France described Americans killed in World War I as “suckers” and “losers.” Trump denied making the comments.

In the 44-second clip shared Sunday, Sanders claimed Trump — who has repeatedly denigrated U.S. war heroes and veterans ― “has the greatest respect for the men and women of our armed forces.” “That story couldn’t be further from the truth,” Sanders said of The Atlantic report. “This is a president that loves our country and will do anything to fight to protect it.”

Critics hit back by reminding Sanders of the lies she told on behalf of Trump, most notably when as White House deputy press secretary she claimed to journalists in May 2017 that “countless members of the FBI” did not support former FBI Director James Comey, who had been fired the previous day.

Sanders later confessed to investigators from former special counsel Robert Mueller’s office that the claim was “not founded on anything".

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sarah...b6578026d28d81
The View landed a spicy guest for the first episode of its 24th season on Tuesday when former White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders joined the five co-hosts to talk about her new book, Speaking for Myself: Faith, Freedom, and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House.

And it couldn’t have come at a more fraught moment for her former boss.

The first question for Huckabee Sanders went to Meghan McCain, who found herself once again in the middle of the latest Trump scandal after new reporting about the president’s alleged disparaging remarks about the military, including her father, the late Sen. John McCain.

After explaining that her “first instinct” was to question the anonymous sources who told The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg that Trump called U.S. troops “losers” and “suckers”—and complaining that her family “deserved a heads-up” about the article—McCain said, “The problem as I said before is the president has a pattern of saying incendiary things about people like my father, about people like the Khan family, about people like Col. Vindman.”

“I think if this charge had been leveled anonymously against any other politician, I think people would second-guess it,” she continued. “But because it’s about someone who has this kind of record of insulting veterans, people tend to believe it, which is why I think it has legs. So I just want your perspective on it and I want to know if you understand my and other people’s perspective on it.”

As she has done before, Huckabee Sanders insisted that she has never witnessed President Donald Trump be anything but respectful towards the military. “After spending nearly every single day for two-and-a-half years with the president I can tell you I witnessed firsthand the president’s respect and admiration for the men and women of our armed forces.”

Sidebar: Word has it Huckabee has political aspirations of her own and my guess is she's still hedging her bets in case Trump is elected for four more
years for his help and support!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #4404
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default $300,000 raised for salon owner accused of "setting up" Pelosi...

"I wish I could personally thank every person who sent me their prayers, words of encouragement and support, especially at a time when so many are struggling to make ends meet in their own lives," Kious wrote in a letter posted Tuesday by the host of the GoFundMe. She thanked her daughters, their "loving dad," and her family and friends. The GoFundMe page claims to be set up by a friend of Kious and her family. It states, "At the conclusion of this fundraiser, ALL donations will go directly to Erica to pay off any debts from the business that she is forced to shut down, expenses to relocate and reopen in a new location."

Sidebar: I watched her interview with Tucker Carlson and I got a gut feeling I wouldn't trust this woman as far as I could throw her!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #4405
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

^5 Bob Woodward! You may be a game changer.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #4406
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Maybe, if Trump voters actually read or watched anything other than Fox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #4407
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes, indeed.

The following article details quite a bit of what's in the book and there are audio clips from interviews Woodward did with Trump. Look for the red arrows because they are not immediately obvious. "This is Deadly Stuff" shows Trump knew the virus was very serious but as shown in another clip he purposely downplayed it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/polit...rus/index.html

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #4408
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Can you just imagine, if Trump shot his mouth off like that just to impress Bob Woodward, how much he must have blabbed and given away in those private meetings with Putin?
Old 09-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #4409
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

This post was so good I thought I'd give it another shot so it could be up a wee bit longer.

"Can you just imagine, if Trump shot his mouth off like that just to impress Bob Woodward, how much he must have blabbed and given away in those private meetings with Putin?"

“Them beatniks was tough!”
Levon Helm
The Band
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #4410
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Republicans Defend Trump After He Admitted Downplaying True Threat Of COVID-19....

Republican lawmakers on Wednesday defended President Donald Trump after the revelation that earlier this year, he knowingly downplayed the threat of the coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in millions of job losses and the deaths of some 190,000 Americans.

Trump told Bob Woodward ― as recounted in the renowned journalist’s upcoming book, “Rage” ― that the coronavirus posed a unique threat to the United States and that it was “more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”

At the time, however, the president was repeatedly downplaying the virus in public as no more dangerous than the flu and saying it would soon “go away” and “disappear.”

“This is deadly stuff,” Trump told Woodward in a series of taped interviews, according to a copy of the book obtained by CNN.

“I wanted to always play it down,” he said on March 19. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

Most Senate Republicans declined to comment on Wednesday when asked about the revelations, saying they wanted to read Woodward’s book first. But some of the president’s top GOP allies on Capitol Hill tried to mount a defense.

“It doesn’t bother me,” Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota told reporters. “I don’t feel like he was ever lying to anybody. He’s a hopeful, upbeat, positive person. ... The gravity of it, when it was becoming clearer, was also reflected by him.”

Cramer said that Trump “wanted to give people hope rather than despair” and pointed to his travel ban on China as proof that the president took the virus seriously.

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina similarly argued that voters should take more heed of Trump’s actions amid the pandemic rather than his rhetoric ― which has been all over the place in recent months, from briefly encouraging mask-wearing and social distancing to mocking Democrats and reporters for wearing masks.

“I don’t think he needs to be on TV screaming, ‘We’re all going to die,’” Graham said Wednesday. “His actions shutting the economy down were the right actions.”

Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina, who, like Graham, is seeking reelection in November, agreed.

“When you’re in a crisis situation, you have to inform people for their public health but you also don’t want to create hysteria,” Tillis said, declining further comment because he had not yet read Woodward’s book.

Sidebar: Can you imagine the uproar if Obama had down played the
Ebola Virus
Old 09-10-2020, 06:01 AM   #4411
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

"Herman Cain dies of COVID-19, weeks after attending Trump's indoor Tulsa rally."

Maybe Cain's family should sue Trump for willful disregard for his life...as should all those other people who he encouraged to attend his mass rallies without masks and distancing.

I'm going to bet all those "special invitees " who sat on the WH lawn for his nominee acceptance speech are now scrambling to find a Covid testing site or maybe gulping down hydroxychloroquine mixed with bleach.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #4412
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
"Herman Cain dies of COVID-19, weeks after attending Trump's indoor Tulsa rally."

Maybe Cain's family should sue Trump for willful disregard for his life...as should all those other people who he encouraged to attend his mass rallies without masks and distancing.

I'm going to bet all those "special invitees " who sat on the WH lawn for his nominee acceptance speech are now scrambling to find a Covid testing site or maybe gulping down hydroxychloroquine mixed with bleach.
If only...

But instead of suing Trump, Cain's family continue their father's legacy. They also claim he most likely contracted the virus on a plane and that he advocated for wearing masks and wore one himself. What can you say to that? Cain appeared to support the decision not to require masks for Trump's July 4 celebration event at Mount Rushmore."Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" Cain's Twitter account posted in a tweet that appears to have since been removed.
https://www.cbs58.com/news/herman-ca...om-coronavirus
https://people.com/politics/herman-c...g-coronavirus/

"Herman Cain 'tweets' two weeks after his death to attack Democrats"
"Cain’s Twitter account revived to spread pro-Trump messages"
In the website statement, Cain’s daughter Melanie Cain Gallo said: “We’ve decided here at Cain HQ that we will go on using this platform to share the information and ideas he believed in. Cain Gallo said posts from her father’s accounts “will now go under the name The Cain Gang”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rats-joe-biden

And I'll bet those special invitees ARE taking hydroxychloroquine. The president of Brazil certainly did when he got covid. These people don't change. I wonder what it actually takes for people to change the things they believe? Reality certainly has no effect.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #4413
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

“It goes through air, Bob. That’s always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch, you don’t have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air. That’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward on February 7.
Interesting [TP]....airborne but we shouldn't be wearing masks? You know it is airborne, you germaphobe, but repeatedly go into stadiums filled with people not wearing masks. I think we will all be stunned when it comes out in the wash about what really happened concerning this pandemic and let me tell you [TP]......it always does.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #4414
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Autocrats Deliver?' US Joins Brazil and Hungary as Only Countries Where Quality of Life Is Getting Worse, Social Progress Index Finds

The annual report offers a "reality check against the drumbeat of U.S. triumphalism," one observer said.
The United States found itself in the company of Brazil and Hungary—two countries run by leaders who, like President Donald Trump, have alarmed international observers with their autocratic tendencies—on the 2020 Social Progress Index, an annual ranking of quality of life in nations around the world.

The three countries are the only ones, according to the Social Progress Imperative, which has compiled the index since 2011, where quality of life has declined over the last decade.

At number 28 on the list, the U.S. is also alone among other wealthy countries in the G7 where people's personal safety, access to basic healthcare, personal rights and freedoms, and other measures of quality of life are on the decline.

"The data paint an alarming picture of the state of our nation, and we hope it will be a call to action," Michael Porter, a Harvard Business School professor and the chair of the advisory panel for the Social Progress Index, told Nicholas Kristof at the New York Times. "It's like we're a developing country."

The index ranks countries according to their performance in three key areas: basic human needs, foundation of wellbeing, and opprtunity—breaking those categories down into sub-categories including:

nutrition and basic medical care,
personal safety,
health and wellness,
environmental quality,
personal rights, and
inclusiveness.

Tier One on the index is populated by countries whose wealth is comparable to that of the United States. Norway was ranked as number one, followed by Denmark and Finland. New Zealand, which this year has won international praise for Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, also ranked high, as well as Japan, Iceland, Canada, and Sweden.

A number of countries with GDPs lower than that of the U.S.—including Greece, Estonia, and Cyprus—rank ahead of the country in the bottom half of Tier Two.

"GDP is not destiny," emphasizes the report, displaying a chart that shows the U.S. has lagged in "turning its economic growth into social progress."

With a lower GDP per capita than the U.S., the chart shows, New Zealand's government funds a universal healthcare program, spends a greater percentage of its GDP on education than any other country in the world, and was able to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus by allowing residents to stay at home with a major relief package, offering subsidies to businesses to continue paying employees and covering the wages of employees that had to self-isolate.

The U.S. government has so far offered a one-time, means-tested direct payment of $1,200 to some American households—as the crisis stretches into its sixth month—and allowed its enhanced unemployment benefit to expire in July even as more than 10% of workers were jobless.

Well before the pandemic, the index shows, quality of life was rapidly declining in a number of areas in the U.S. In 2011, when the country was in 19th place on the list, the U.S. earned 93.25 points for meeting basic human needs such as healthcare and personal safety.

The uninsured rate is lower than it was in 2011, but has steadily climbed since 2016 and skyrocketed in a matter of weeks when the coronavirus pandemic hit, forcing an estimated 12 million Americans off their employer-based health coverage.

Gun violence has also increased in the U.S. over the past six years, according to Giffords Law Center.

The United States' starkest decline since 2011 has been in the area of opportunity; in terms of inclusiveness, access to education, and personal rights, the U.S. was given 81.89 points this year, contrasting with its score of 85.17 in 2011.

Kristof noted that while the U.S. is fully capable of delivering high-quality healthcare and education to everyone in the country, the federal government keeps many Americans from accessing necessities—operating as a nation with far fewer resources in terms of its approach to the wellbeing of the public, while lavishing the wealthiest Americans and corporations with tax breaks.

"The United States ranks No. 1 in the world in quality of universities, but No. 91 in access to quality basic education," Kristof wrote. "The U.S. leads the world in medical technology, yet we are No. 97 in access to quality healthcare. The Social Progress Index finds that Americans have health statistics similar to those of people in Chile, Jordan, and Albania, while kids in the United States get an education roughly on par with what children get in Uzbekistan and Mongolia. "

The index, tweeted John Kostyack of the National Whistleblower Center, offered a "reality check against the drumbeat of U.S. triumphalism."

James Tierney, an economics professor at Penn State University, planned to use the index to teach his students about the limits of measuring a country's success by its GDP or economic growth.

"The hope is to [help] students understand there are other measures outside of the value of production to determine the well-being of a country," Tierney tweeted.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...e-quality-life
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #4415
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
“It goes through air, Bob. That’s always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch, you don’t have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air. That’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward on February 7.
Interesting [TP]....airborne but we shouldn't be wearing masks? You know it is airborne, you germaphobe, but repeatedly go into stadiums filled with people not wearing masks. I think we will all be stunned when it comes out in the wash about what really happened concerning this pandemic and let me tell you [TP]......it always does.
Loved your post nh!

The thing that does have me confused is, HIM being such a germaphobe and narcissist, I don't get why he'd put himself at risk for Covid-19 by not wearing a mask!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #4416
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

3:03 PM EDT, 09/10/2020 (MT Newswires) -- JPMorgan Chase (JPM), a major US bank, has told senior employees of its sales and trading operation they and their teams must resume working from the office by Sept. 21, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing unidentified sources.

Two bank executives delivered the message in conference calls Wednesday morning, The WSJ reported, citing those sources.

Only employees with child-care issues and medical conditions that make them more ill-protected to COVID-19 complications can continue working remotely, the news outlet reported, citing the sources.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 07:24 PM   #4417
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Wall Street’s longest-enduring glass ceiling is about to be broken.

Citigroup Inc., the country’s third-largest bank with US$1.96-trillion in assets, said Thursday that Jane Fraser will become its chief executive in February.

Ms. Fraser, the bank’s president and head of its global consumer banking business, will succeed Michael Corbat, who has served as chief executive since 2012. Ms. Fraser was teed up as the bank’s next chief executive last year when she was promoted to her current role.

“It’s frustrating that this moment has been so long in coming,” said Rob Blackwell, chief content officer for Promontory Interfinancial Network, which provides services for banks. “This is a big moment.”
Old 09-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #4418
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Pope Francis Says Having Sex And Eating Good Food Is 'Simply Divine'....

The pope spoke on cuisine and intercourse during a series of interviews with Carlo Petrini, an Italian culinary writer and activist behind the “slow food” movement, which positions itself as the opposite of fast food and advocates a slower, more meaningful pace of life. “Pleasure arrives directly from God,” Francis told Petrini. “It is neither Catholic, nor Christian, nor anything else. It is simply divine.”
Francis critiqued the “overzealous morality” of a Roman Catholic Church that denounced pleasure in the past, calling it a “wrong interpretation of the Christian message.” “The church has condemned inhuman, brutish, vulgar pleasure, but has on the other hand always accepted human, simple, moral pleasure,” Francis said. “The pleasure of eating is there to keep you healthy by eating, just like sexual pleasure is there to make love more beautiful and guarantee the perpetuation of the species. ... The pleasure of eating and sexual pleasure [comes] from God.”

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pope-...215207201.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #4419
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

What a bunch of idiots! The noble peace prize. Priceless.

The Trump campaign released an ad that incorrectly spelled Nobel as "Noble" to celebrate his second nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.

A far-right Norwegian lawmaker again put forth President Donald Trump's name for the prestigious award, citing his role in normalizing ties between the United Arab Emirates and Israel.

Anyone can be nominated for the prize, and hundreds of candidates are submitted every year.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 12:45 AM   #4420
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Another "only the very best" of Trumps hires........

Michael Caputo, the former Trump campaign official and Roger Stone associate ,who has no background in health care or science, was appointed to be spokesman of the Department of Health and Human Services by Trump in April, spent the weekend defending his efforts to alter the CDC’s weekly COVID-19 reports in order to protect the president politically — a defense that included baselessly claiming that scientists at the agency were deep-state agitators bent on taking down the president. The meddling and Caputo’s attacks prompted widespread outrage from infectious-disease and public-health experts.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...urrection.html

Tags
breaking news, news