Notices

Old 08-18-2020, 12:31 AM   #3761
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My Monday morning started with going to see my Ortho, getting 3 very painful cortisone shots in my neck and shoulder...

Then my day went totally wild from there...
To hardware store for a bale of Fescue for the goat.
Other chores in town.
Lunch at Sonic.
Bought my new "Wheelies" (walker).
Headed home about 1pm then busted ass to get the camper ready for my trip tomorrow.
Back to town to Lowe's for a set of "louvered door tracks" for the camper.
Rush home.
More gathering gear, building a special set of steps for the side door of my new handicap accessible camper, tried to hitch camper to truck but ran into a problem with the crank on the jack (called neighbor for help, had to wait an hour), did kitchen chores and 2 loads of laundry, tended to dogs, met with pet sitter for goat and kitties, cleaned up my mess from building steps, heated up leftovers for a late dinner, made sure my roommate had his bad knee wrapped in ice, cleaned 2 dog crates, mowed part of an acre of grass (the rest can wait till next week), during the Lowe's trip I also went to pet store for dog food, and a bunch of other junk my tired brain can't recall.
Finally got a shower just after midnight and laid down about 1:45am.

Damn.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #3762
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got some house cleaning done, ran some errands, bought some groceries, met with a contractor and loved on the kitties.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #3763
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I got some work done in the morning, went to the drugstore in the afternoon, and made a list of all the things I've got to get done before my surgery on Sept. 24. Oh, and I played "Chase the Laser" with the kitty.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #3764
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Besides being on the job today, I've been working on my list of "Do Not Forget" things I need to take with me, when I get ready to go on vacation next week.

And, I got the front wheel off my bicycle so I can get it fixed tomorrow at the bicycle shop (in town).

Tomorrow, it's household chores day, so there's that.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #3765
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I dare say that I haven't been very productive at all today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #3766
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I dare say that I haven't been very productive at all today.
Haa!! That is going to be me tomorrow, because my whole entire week has been wayyyyyy tooooo bizzy. *LOL*

So that's me tomorrow: Not busy or productive. Just taking it easy.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #3767
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,098 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Cleaned the refridgerator and prepped some food
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #3768
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I was productive today! Laundry, hand washing face masks, washing my hair, unloading and loading the dishwasher, going through stuff and organizing, boxing up old stuff, vacuuming, putting a couple bags for donation aside, trash and recycling are out...actually recycling went out twice today...and I drank more water and ate less sweets today, which is something else I'm trying to work on now. I feel good about the day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 01:33 AM   #3769
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Made lists, took some inventory, organized pantry, other storage areas. I make it a habit to try and purchase a little extra of the household products I use on a regular basis as well as make sure I have some non-perishable foods on hand so if something like this happens I don't have to go out, fight crowds, wind up standing in some bread line, or even worse. I might choose to go out, purchase things to make myself more comfortable, the meals fresher, less repetitive but I don't have to. That brings a little peace of mind. If hard times can't be avoided then I try and learn from them so hopefully the next time I'll be a little better prepared than I was the time before. It's one thing to image what you'll need during these type of situations and a completely different thing altogether to know as a result of having lived through them. So today was just one of those kind of no fun but know it needs done anyway kind of days. I hate doing it when I'm doing it but later when, inevitably, something like this comes along I'll be glad I got up off my duff and did it anyway back when I didn't want to.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 05:43 AM   #3770
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday:

Made a couple gallons of Salsa. Canned some and froze the rest.
Chopped up a bunch of tomatoes to vacuum seal and freeze for winter treats.
Made zoodles of zucchini and yellow squash.
Cooked our first garden pumpkin and made soup and muffins out of it.
We also went out to the farm where we get our meat and it was so nice out we sat out for a while watching the chickens and turkeys play. They were all being silly and having fun.

Then it was stuff like laundry, litter boxes, and taking out the trash.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #3771
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Accomplished today

My van got her yearly detailing, she is so clean.
Tomorrow she gets her hot oil innards sprayed for winter for salt and rust.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 06:41 PM   #3772
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Smile

--Came home, for a sec, to do some laundry.
--Checked mail box, cleaned out fridge.
--Leaving soon, again (beach time ).

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #3773
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Today I basically cried a lot, called two friends and cried some more, and threw in the towel over all the stuff I need to get done before I have surgery.

Tomorrow, I will actually do something on the list.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #3774
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Very little so far and it's not looking good for the rest of the day either. I have almost zero motivation to do anything these days. In the middle of the night, I have all these amazing plans for things to do and then when the morning comes around, eh maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #3775
Build A Bridge

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
off the market

Build A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST ReputationBuild A Bridge Has the BEST Reputation

Probably too much and ruined myself for this fantastic weekend. Only time will tell. I am not passed out sleeping. Of course, I turned the ac down lower as soon as I made it home
Build A Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Build A Bridge For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #3776
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

A lot! I have organized a bunch of things in my craft room and moved some furniture to my storage to sell off as well and vacuuming and cleaning most of the room. I put a box aside for donation too.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2020, 09:15 PM   #3777
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I organized about a third of my bedroom. It's been awhile, so I had stuff piled everywhere. I did the first third yesterday, and tomorrow is for the last third.

There's a huge pile of stuff at my curb. I heard on some news program today (can't recall which) that a lot of people are getting rid of clutter due to staying at home during COVID-19. They discussed how clutter tends to be generational - people from the depression area never throw out anything that might be remotely useful some day; even broken things that could possibly be repaired. The Boomer generation feels a sense of obligation to store memorabilia - for a generation that doesn't want it. The latest generations just don't want clutter, period. I'm Gen X, so I guess at heart I really want to get rid of clutter, but I was raised by people with depression-era values. I have plenty of junk that might be useful "someday", or that I could sell in a yard sale, or that somebody else might be able to use. I have recently decided, though, that if I don't just get it out of the house, it's never going anywhere, and it will just be left here for my relatives to eventually deal with. Therefore, it's going on the curb, where it will eventually wind up in a landfill - which makes me feel rather guilty. But at least I will feel guilty in a house where I have more room to walk than just paths between all the piles of junk.

So, that's what I accomplished today: decluttering, self-guiltifying, and rationalization.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2020, 10:51 PM   #3778
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Funny, Georgia mentions what Boomers do with their stuff. As I'm sorting and releasing things to pack or not to pack, it makes sense now why I've held onto the things I have. Memorabilia. Things to look back on. Why do I have all my report cards? All my year books? All my patches from girl scouts? Well today, I looked over things and said, this was nice. Goodbye tap shoes from my Art Linkletter dancing days. Goodbye bible I received from my grandmother that said to me, from her. Nothing else was in that book. Not one thing highlighted or note. I'll donate that but I'm keeping her childhood bible. It's a picture bible from 1908. ...oh my..over a hundred years old.

I have no kids to pass on things to. It's me. Why hold on to things? I'm going to use the milk glass dishes more often.

I do have one doll left from my bride doll collection. But, it's not worth much, I checked on Ebay. She will get donated. I will, however, keep the doll my granddad brought home from France during WWII. I'm sure one of my neices will appreciate her.

Boomers...holding on to things to reminiscence. Well.....
....thats nice....
....goodbye things

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #3779
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I've been purging this weekend as well! I'm a boomer and a cancer which makes me a prime candidate for the typical "hoarder" but I'm far from that!

I've left family heirlooms in the care of my nephew's wife. From time to time she asks if I want her to send me things but I know it's wise for them to remain in her care. More than likely my grandniece, her daughter, will inherit them & can do as she pleases with them.

My week-end purge has been of clothes and shoes, that have seen better days, shredded medical and tax documents, and books. I usually don't keep books so I've decided it's time to send Can You Ever Forgive Me, A Man Called Ove, and about a dozen or so other books off to new homes via the used bookstore here in town!

A good purge always makes me feel tons lighter...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #3780
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned off the back porch
and then I mowed the grass.
Came in and washed the dishes
now I am sitting on my ass.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:

Tags
accomplished, today