Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #121
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

After reading several books suggested from The Great American Read, I had taken an hiatus from reading.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #122
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Which books... caused the hiatus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
After reading several books suggested from The Great American Read, I had taken an hiatus from reading.
Oh my, sorry to hear about the "hiatus". Which books, and why?

(Personally, I saw the entire series on TV... had recorded them, and now having seen them, I deleted the recordings. Actually, I was slightly disappointed by the choices btw. I think the reason I was disappointed was that most of the people who talked about their favourites seemed that the books they chose appealed to their own conditioning and solidified their own beliefs and vested interests (although I could be wrong), which I felt was a bummer.)

I never read the "winner"; only saw the movie with Gregory Peck... Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

If I learned anything from watching the series, was what Americans did read - which during my time as a retiree, I am taking advantage of by learning as much as possible about Americans {considering their political povs!}. I had been so busy the past 15-20 years prior to retirement that I had no time whatsoever to notice what was going on with my neighbour to the south. And now being retired, I have abundant leisure time to study why the Americans are the way they are.

I only read for fun now, or stuff on meditation.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #123
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, it wasn't any particular book that caused the hiatus...LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #124
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i went to the library to vote and they had a table with books on it, 2 for $1.00.

I scored!

Two books on american history!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #125
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I just finished reading Stephen King's new book Elevation

It was good, held my attention, and even better it has two lesbians as main characters..........
Old 11-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #126
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Mary just got her copy of Becoming by Michelle Obama...

hopefully she'll share.........
Old 12-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #127
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Mary just got her copy of Becoming by Michelle Obama...

hopefully she'll share.........

She has and I'm enjoying it immensely........
Old 12-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #128
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I just read this. It was very good. I find the whole Manson Family fascinating (in a good and bad way) and this was insightful.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #129
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default I'm Gonna Make You Love Me.....

By Tracey Richardson

Just started this Lesbian piece of fluff which contains A love of Motown Music plus a vintage convertible mustang, how bad can the story-line be!
Old 12-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #130
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
By Tracey Richardson

Just started this Lesbian piece of fluff which contains A love of Motown Music plus a vintage convertible mustang, how bad can the story-line be!

Unfortunately pretty lame as it turns out!
Old 12-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #131
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i went to the library to vote and they had a table with books on it, 2 for $1.00.

I scored!

Two books on american history!
Our used hardcovers are $2 each, now i feel bad lol
Old 01-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #132
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I would love to read Chris Christie's book after seeing him today on Morning Joe, but I just can't stand the thought of giving that bastard one penny of my money!
Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #133
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default hB

How about the library...free, and you can hand it back.

Quote:

I would love to read Chris Christie's book after seeing him today on Morning Joe, but I just can't stand the thought of giving that bastard one penny of my money!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #134
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
How about the library...free, and you can hand it back.
You can even go there, read the book at a desk or chair then leave it there, and have no written connection between Chris Christie and yourself, homoe.

<-----Crafty!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #135
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I caved and am SO disappointed in myself, as well as the book!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #136
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Magazines. Flipping through -
Feb Consumer Reports
Dec/Jan Mother Earth News
Feb/Mar GlutenFree and More

Books. Working on -
Slow a Modern Cookbook for a Party of One by Michelin Chef Anita Lo
Fire and Fury, Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
In Praise of Difficult Women, Life Lessons from 29 Heroines Who Dared to Break the Rules, by Karen Karbo
Fed Up, Emotional Labor, Women, and the Way Forward by Gemma Hartley
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #137
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Later on today, I hope to be reading.........

Memoirs of a Literary Forger by Lee Israel

The movie Can You Ever Forgive Me was based loosely on this book..
Old 02-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #138
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Memoirs of a Literary Forger by Lee Israel

The movie Can You Ever Forgive Me was based loosely on this book..
I loved this book! It's short, only just over 100 pages but it'll keep you in stitches and it contains some of the other letters she forged!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #139
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Here we are having a book trade around to be followed by discussion. We are tackling Different Loving, SM 101, Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns. Should be fun.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #140
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

just finished The Woman in the Mirror by Cathryn Grant. She has a series of this character Alex....a serial killer. Easy read and while it lacks heavy suspense it is feminist to the core. I like that...I may read more of her work. Besides who can resist a feminist serial killer???