Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP!!!!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:51 PM   #162
catlady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

catlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputationcatlady Has the BEST Reputation

I thought I was romantic. But my SO told me I'm not very romantic Guess I lean more on the silly side.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #163
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I like the idea of romance but I don't subscribe to notions of romantic endeavors most people consider romantic.

And I guess I will leave it at that for now because I keep things of that nature fairly private, nowadays.

But I do enjoy romance, I really do. : )
I'm still this way. I'm not really interested in the typical notions most people deem as romantic. What's romantic to me is being level headed, slow to anger, sane, being able to carry yourself with diplomacy, having a wicked sense of humor during an exceptionally tense moment in life.. This caliber of personality is what I think is incredibly romantic (and sexy).

Flowers are nice, but what moves me romantically is generally not the flowery stuff in life.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #164
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I'm a romantic Devil!

I am not the kiss and tell type, and I would never post anything on my profile, "not that there is anything wrong with that", Just isn't my style!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #165
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Meh.....Not very.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #166
IrishAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Dancing in the sunshine and rain.

IrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

Romantic? What is that?

No I am not. My idea of romance is on the practical side the things you can only do if you know someone. Thing that needs to done but they have no time to do it. So I do so Little insignificant things, the laundry done, a favorite meal or a movie I don't love but that's okay, or washing the car. Those are the same things that mean something to me. Flowers are nice in my yard so make sure they can be planted, chocolates no unless you know my brand, Valentines day? Well just no, just don't. I am good with that.

I think it has to be individual for each person, My uncle made sure my Aunt never touched a gas pump from the day they married till the day she died. That was romantic and she damn well knew it. He never had to make a meal, or a snack, she made sure he was as well taken care of as she was. It wasn't expensive or elaborate but always considerate and thoughtful.

The whole of the family made fun of the connection they had but none of them ever had anything that could compare in the lives they lead.

IrishAmazon
IrishAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IrishAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #167
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Romance is indeed very different for everyone. I like to believe I am romantic in many different ways, both traditional and non-traditional.

When we are walking into a building, I open the door for her. If we are stepping off the train I let her go first. I show up at her work on my lunch break just to deliver surprise flowers to her for no reason other than to show her I appreciate her.

I do other things too, I buy her dinner. I buy her surprise random gifts like skirts, video games, and anything else I think she might like. I encourage her, support her and appreciate her.

I think everyone is romantic in some way, it's just a matter of how.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 02:45 AM   #168
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i've been told i am the least romantic person in the world.

however when i am with the right person, i love gestures that show each other you are appreciated.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 04:38 AM   #169
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would like to say I am romantic, but realistically I am not stereotypical romantic - I am more practical.

Instead of flowers I'll offer to buy you dinner from your favorite place beause it's Friday night and we don't want to cook. If I'm at the store on lunch to grab food, I might pick up your favorite drink or candy. If you've had a particularly bad day I will ask if you want to do something after dinner, even if it's just binge watching your favorite show on Netflix. If we are out and you mention something you want, I'm texting it to myself as a reminder to add to your Christmas list as soon as I can.

When I used to pack his lunch, I'd write down how many carbs he had to inject for. I pick all the pepperoni off my pizza and give it to him. Sometimes I order for him when we go out. It's the small things 🙂
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #170
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i've been told i am the least romantic person in the world.

however when i am with the right person, i love gestures that show each other you are appreciated.
Yes i think i am a romantic devil now.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #171
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

i of course think i am very romantic, but maybe I'm more thoughtful.

I don't have to be in love with someone to be kind and thoughtful.

But when I do love ya.....

Like others have stated, I do little things that show I love you. I do "acts of service" and "quality time".... I would love to do a grand epic scene of 20th Century Cinema... like a Cleopatra type extravaganza.... lol

But I think a pan of epic double chocolate brownies is better, I won't make you share them... Or making your favorite dinner on Sunday ..... massaging your worn out feet after a long hard day.... or any number of kind acts.

or make you stop the truck so I can dance in the middle of the street to our song....

or scrub your back in the shower....

I'm that Girl.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #172
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am ridiculously, pathetically so. But I'm that way about life in general, as a very passionate person. So guess my relationships are not excluded from that. But, like everyone else, what I find romantic varies. For me, it's things with meaning. A handwritten note, or any kind of note, or taking a walk ... or reading a book together. It's not about the generic mainstream idea of what is romantic to everyone else and girls in general. Knowing specific things, big or small, that I would find touching is being romantic to me. And that is what I enjoy doing for my partner as well. In lots of little ways, regularly. Not just once a year or on their birthday.

~ Journaling together
~ Letters & notes
~ Doing puzzles together
~ Sharing music & other forms of art
~ Admiring nature & other places together
~ Having home-cooked meals together
~ Movie binging
~ Nerding out over stuff together
~ Genuine affection, at random times too
~ Hands on things they need help with

Obviously my love languages are quality time & touch.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #173
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

lol I wouldn't say I am romantic... I am just the I like to show them appreciation without the overkill.... I prefer the little simple things that make me go thud & hopefully they are the same...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #174
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
I am ridiculously, pathetically so. But I'm that way about life in general, as a very passionate person. So guess my relationships are not excluded from that. But, like everyone else, what I find romantic varies. For me, it's things with meaning. A handwritten note, or any kind of note, or taking a walk ... or reading a book together. It's not about the generic mainstream idea of what is romantic to everyone else and girls in general. Knowing specific things, big or small, that I would find touching is being romantic to me. And that is what I enjoy doing for my partner as well. In lots of little ways, regularly. Not just once a year or on their birthday.

~ Journaling together
~ Letters & notes
~ Doing puzzles together
~ Sharing music & other forms of art
~ Admiring nature & other places together
~ Having home-cooked meals together
~ Movie binging
~ Nerding out over stuff together
~ Genuine affection, at random times too
~ Hands on things they need help with

Obviously my love languages are quality time & touch.

I too am the language of quality time! I think it's essential in getting to know one and another!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #175
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

I like to think I am very romantic but you would have to ask Gemme...
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 04:57 AM   #176
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyChrisCo View Post
I like to think I am very romantic but you would have to ask Gemme...
You are!!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: