Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Okay, I admit this story cracked me up.

This is a gift … to the internet.

Shelby Donovan, an 18-year-old from New Orleans, Louisiana, was shocked when she opened a present from her mother in front of her entire family on Christmas.

“I kind of just stared at it for a really long time, trying to come up with anything else it could be besides a sex toy,” Donovan told The Huffington Post. “Because who wants to say that in front of their family? NO ONE.”

The gift she is referring to is this:

Naturally, her entire family began giggling as soon as she revealed the gift.

“My mom realized why we were laughing, so she says, ‘What? Do you actually think I would get you a dildo for Christmas?’” Donovan said.

It turns out the teen made the “horrible mistake” of opening and holding the gift upside down.

And it’s actually a cup holder.

I would say that it is two, two gifts in one!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #21122
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default New Years Day Surprise

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #21123
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's that time of the year—new laws

Here are some of the new laws in California. Please be sure to review the new laws in your state.

New California Laws for 2017 (It takes awhile for the web page to load)

AB1843, Juvenile Criminal History, Prohibits employers from asking for or taking into consideration juvenile convictions during hiring process.

SB3, Minimum Wage Increase, Raises minimum wage for workers at businesses with 26+ employees from $10 to $10.50 per hour.

AB1066, Farm Workers Overtime, Requires employers to give farm workers at least one day off each week.

AB2888, Prison Sentences for Sex Crimes, Mandatory prison sentences for sexual-assault crimes and bans probation-only sentences.

AB53, Rear-Facing Car Seats, Requires rear-facing car seats for children under two-years old.

AB797, Good Samaritan Pet Rescue, Allows a bystander to break into a parked car without civil liability to rescue and animal at risk of overheating.

AB1289, Ride-Hailing Driver Background Checks, Requires background checks for ride-hailing (i.e. Lyft/Uber) drivers.

AB1322, Shave and a Haircut—Two Beers?, Allows barbershops and salons to serve complimentary beer or wine without a license.

AB1995, Showers for Homeless College Students, Requires community colleges to offer shower access to homeless students.

AB1785, Ban on Smart Phone Use While Driving, Prohibits drivers from operating a handheld smart phone unless it's mounted to the dashboard and activated with single finger tap or swipe.

AB2022, Recycle Drinking Water, Allows Californians to drink recycled wastewater (purified reused water) for educational purposes.

AB691, Digital Assets in Death, Creates process to access and manage a deceased person's digital assets and electronic communications.

AB1570, Selling Autographed Books, Requires anyone selling a signed book for more than $5 to vouch for the autograph’s authenticity.

AB1668, "Right to Try" Allows patients who are terminally ill to try experimental drugs.

SB1322, Rape Statute of Limitations, Eliminates criminal statute of limitations for rape cases.

AB1386, Epipen in the Workplace, Allows businesses to stock Epipens, and allows volunteers who go through training to administer them without civil liability.

SB150, Homeowner Survivor Bill of Rights, Extends foreclosure protections to surviving family members of a deceased mortgage holder.

Gun Laws, New gun laws taking effect in 2017 (Limits ability of gun owners to loan firearms. Criminalizes false reports of lost or stolen guns. Requires gun owners, including law enforcement personnel, to secure guns in unattended vehicles.)

For more details on each bill, click here to visit California's Legislative website.

I also posted this in the California thread.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #21124
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Stoned Nudist on the Beach!

***Graphic Warning!***

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #21125
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #21126
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Can you pass this 50-word vocabulary test??

Ever wonder about your vocabulary size? Even if you are a daily English speaker or a native English speaker, you still might find this test challenging!

We conducted academic research and looked at online resources to design the model of this quiz. We believe we've prepared the best quiz for you!

https://www.arealme.com/vocabulary-size-test/en/

*I won't even post even one question for you to preview. The only bit I will share is this, take this quiz as quickly as you can to be precise. Challenge yourself. I scored 23100 Top 4.87%. "Your vocabulary size is equal to that of a 30 year old business person." Not bad for a person whose English is a second language. Go ahead, take the quiz, hella fun.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #21127
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That was a fun test!

Your English Vocabulary Size is:

★★★ Top 0.23%HighLow

★★★ Top 0.23%

You are Shakespeare! You can even create new words that will expand the English dictionary.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #21128
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Hold the presses! The U.S. Virgin Islands will pay YOU to visit.

*I am writing this post from Chicago where my nostrils were freezing together as I took out the fur pals this morning. My bride and I are visiting Spain later this year, but a long weekend here sounds very delightful and necessary real soon.

The U.S. Virgin Islands wants you to visit ― so much so that they’ll give tourists $300 in spending credits for vacations there.

In honor of the centennial celebration of Denmark selling the islands to the United States, travelers who spend at least three consecutive nights on St. Thomas, St. John and/or St. Croix will receive $300 in Virgin Islands spending credits for tours and activities. Visitors who arrive during March will also receive a commemorative souvenir, in recognition of the day Denmark sold the islands, known as “Transfer Day,” on March 31.

It doesn’t matter if you book after the anniversary, as long it’s before Oct. 1 and you travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands during the 2017 calendar year, you’ll get the $300 spending credits.

Interested folks can find the full list of properties on U.S. Virgin Island’s tourism site. And with turquoise waters like these, aren’t you just a tad curious?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM   #21129
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Want Fries With That?

smh

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #21130
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

January 6, 1912. Alexander Wegener publishes theory of continental drift.

Alfred Wegener first thought of this idea by noticing that the different large landmasses of the Earth almost fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. The Continental shelf of the Americas fit closely to Africa and Europe, and Antarctica, Australia, India and Madagascar fitted next to the tip of Southern Africa. But Wegener only took action after reading a paper in 1911 and seeing that a flooded land-bridge contradicts isostasy. Wegener's main interest was meteorology, and he wanted to join the Denmark-Greenland expedition scheduled for mid-1912. He presented his Continental Drift hypothesis on 6 January 1912. He analyzed both sides of the Atlantic Ocean for rock type, geological structures and fossils. He noticed that there was a significant similarity between matching sides of the continents, especially in fossil plants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Wegener

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #21131
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Carrie Fisher's ashes are resting inside a giant Prozac pill.

At a memorial on Friday, she had the last laugh.

Some of Carrie Fisher’s ashes were scattered near her mother, Debbie Reynolds, at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles, California, on Friday morning.

Some of Carrie Fisher’s ashes were scattered near her mother, Debbie Reynolds, at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles, California, on Friday morning.

“Carrie’s favorite possession was a giant Prozac pill that she bought many years ago. A big pill,” Todd explained to E! of the urn. “She loved it, and it was in her house, and Billie and I felt it was where she’d want to be.”

Fisher spoke openly about her bipolar disorder throughout her adult life, and was never one to shy away from a Prozac joke or two, either. In a 2009 interview, she said that her kitchen tiles were “shaped and labeled like enormous tablets of Prozac,” which, again, is objectively fantastic. We miss you, Carrie.

*I met Carrie Fisher a few years ago at the L.A. airport, we were both in the lounge on a long layover. I knew who she was and wanted to leave her with privacy. Other people were going up to her for autographs, trying to exchange in pleasantries and other predictable acts. She was as gracious as she could be to all of them but could see she was getting annoyed.

After a couple of hours or so, they called us for boarding for which she was so grateful (I could tell.) When she walked past me, she gave me the cutest wink. I smiled and nodded. Forever cherish this memory, hopefully alzheimer's will never rob me of this moment.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #21132
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Another Silly Sunday

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #21133
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Fake olive oil companies revealed. Is yours on the list?

If you weren't aware of it - 70%, yes - 70%- of olive oil sold in the U.S. is fake. Basically, it's the left-overs from quality olive oil sold in Europe and around the globe (Those stupid Americans will buy anything). Get a tanker full of oil, mix this with that type of oil (sunflower and such) and bottle it in a nice jar with maybe a olive pasted on the front - who'll know the difference.

AVOID THESE BRANDS:

•Pompeian
•Bertolli
•Colavita
•Star
•Sasso
•Antica Badia
•Primadonna
•Carapelli
•Mazola
•Felippo Berio
•Safeway
•Whole Foods
•Carapelli
•Coricelli
•Mezzetta

These are ideal:

•Corto Olive
•Ottavio
•Omaggio
•Bariani Olive Oil
•Lucini
•Kirkland Organic
•Lucero
•Olea Estates
•McEvoy Ranch Organic
•Cobram Estate
•California Olive Ranch

http://www.anonews.co/olive-oil-fake/
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #21134
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yes We Can: People Share Their Most Memorable Moments from the Obama Presidency

Americans and people from around the world reflect on moments of the Obama Presidency that meant the most to them.

More at Whitehouse.org
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #21135
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Americans and people from around the world reflect on moments of the Obama Presidency that meant the most to them.

More at Whitehouse.org
I am going to miss that man so very much.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #21136
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Street Dog Love in Istanbul

After an unprecedented major snowstorm, Istanbul's kind-hearted humans rally to keep stray dogs warm. Some shop owners even allowed dogs to come inside.

*Two photos of same dog who appears to have 'button' type object on his/her left ear. Curious.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #21137
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #21138
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Oldest Evidence of Silk Found in 8,500-Year-Old Tombs

Silk proteins were found in tombs at Jiahu in the Henan Province in central China. Shown here, grottoes in Henan Province.

The oldest evidence of silk made by silkworms has been found buried in 8,500-year-old tombs in China, revealing that people may have used the luxurious material thousands of years earlier than previously thought, a new study finds.

Silk was a rare luxury good in the ancient world. Its fame helped give a name to the Silk Road, the legendary network of trade routes that once connected the East and West from China to Rome.

The secret of how to make silk was first discovered in China. According to Chinese legend, after a silkworm cocoon dropped into the teacup of the wife of the Yellow Emperor, she found that the cocoon could unravel to yield about 3,300 feet (1 kilometer) of thread.

To learn more about the origins of silk, scientists investigated ruins dating back 9,000 years at Jiahu in the middle of Henan Province in central China. Previously at this site, scientists had unearthed bone flutes that are the earliest known playable musical instruments on Earth, as well as what may be the earliest Chinese writing.

http://www.livescience.com/57437-old...und-china.html
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #21139
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #21140
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Thank God! It's Friday the 13th!

Friday the 13th: why is it unlucky and other facts about the worst day in the calendar

If you are worried about what's in store this time, then you're not alone. Psychologists have even come up with a word for how you're feeling – paraskavedekatriaphobia, or fear of Friday the 13th.

One option is to stay tucked up in bed all day to avoid any potential Friday the 13th bad luck that may come your way, or alternatively, you could ignore the superstitious chatter and embrace it.

In 2017, there happen to be two Friday the 13ths – January 13 and October 13.

Here are some fun facts to take your mind off it. As we'll discover, it may even be the belief in the Friday the 13th superstition that could, in fact, prove the greatest risk to the average person.

*The superstition around this day is thought to have come about during the Middle Ages, and may have Biblical origins.

*Some historians have claimed it was the day on which Eve bit the apple from the Tree of Knowledge, the great flood began and the builders of the Tower of Babel.

*In the New Testament there were 13 people present for Jesus's last supper on Maundy Thursday, the day before Christ's crucifixion on Good Friday.

The origins of the Friday the 13th being an unlucky date are shrouded in mystery.

*The number 13 has been considered unlucky for many years, even before Christ. The number 12 is historically considered the number of completeness (12 months of the year, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 hours of the clock...) while its older cousin, 13, has been seen as an outlier.

*There is also a biblical reference to 13 being considered unlucky. Judas, the apostle who later betrayed Jesus, was supposedly the 13th guest to sit down at the last supper. Christ was crucified on a Friday.

Much more here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/fr...it-so-unlucky/

Personally, just another wonderful day to be inspired, to live with gusto.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff