Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

View Poll Results: On November 17th, I want to read
Going Rogue 2 16.67%
Going Rouge 3 25.00%
I like fiction and non-fiction, so I'll read them both 1 8.33%
Huh? 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation
Default What will YOU be reading on November 17th?

It's almost here!!! The eagerly anticipated release of TWO books!!!

Which one will YOU be reading?
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,618 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

what two books are we talking about?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I can tell you which one I won't be reading.

You betcha.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
what two books are we talking about?
Geez, give a girl time to get the poll up! *giggle*
Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,618 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Going Rouge is both books?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Going Rouge is both books?
One is Going Rogue, the other is Going Rouge.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Gross, man.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I can tell you which one I won't be reading.

You betcha.
Does this mean that I can't interest you in a free lifetime supply of *Palin 2012* bumper stickers?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Does this mean that I can't interest you in a free lifetime supply of *Palin 2012* bumper stickers?
Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012?
Give or take...
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

No more Sarah Palin for me thank you.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lynn Vincent, Palin Co-Author, Has Anti-Gay History

Well sooprise, sooprise, sooprise.
The homosexual ethos depends on an abandonment of truth ... [T]he gay quest for "civil rights" bears little resemblance to the struggles of blacks and suffragists, whose eventual liberation benefited society at large. Instead, it calls up the American communists of the '50s and '60s who, in order to advance the radical interests of a narrow group, created a spurious "victim class," then convinced America that theirs was the side of justice.
Ok, I guess we can all go home now that she's set the story "straight." Afterall, she has "many gay friends" so she couldn't possibly have an agenda.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

bonk! bonk! bonk!

if she hates the damn media as much as I do, why so many spurious interviews and now a book?

bonk!1 bonk! bonk!
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
bonk! bonk! bonk!

if she hates the damn media as much as I do, why so many spurious interviews and now a book?

bonk!1 bonk! bonk!
Oh I know, it's too damn funny, isn't it. Have you seen the book tour schedule? She's hopping from red town to red town in a bus, like it's a campaign tour.

Sarah's Book Tour linkyloo
Old 11-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Well, as I told blush yesterday morning, I'm sure the only thing she wrote was her name and they had to coach her on that!

"It's with an 'h', Mrs. Palin."

And no, I won't actually buy her book. No way would I put ANY money in that heinous wench's pockets--unless she promised to go far far away and never speak again.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

The former half-term governor of Alaska is at it again, and has stirred up a firestorm in wacky sector of the right. She posed for a picture for Runner's World magazine recently. The photo was used again, this time as a cover for Newsweek. She and her fellow loons are screaming about how horrible and sexist the picture is. Um, Sarah, you posed for the picture, and it's been published before. Why the temper tantrum now? Oh yeah, to sell books and attack the left.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk"]YouTube- SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters[/ame]

Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

I hope I get the book for Christmas, Going ROGUE by miss palin

that will prolly be the only book i read for the year
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #19
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Heh...what a great example of a cross section of the dumbing down of America. It's just so amazing to me that, even with all of the access to news and information in the modern age, that people can still be this dumb and misinformed.

There's that quote "There's a sucker born every minute" whose authorship has been miscredited to PT Barnum. I guess that's what Palin is counting on to boost her book sales and her (scary) aspirations to higher political office.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote