Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fierce Femmes, Allies and Gender Expectations...

I have been thinking about starting this tread for weeks, and I keep putting it off for lack of a catchy name.....

I in no way am trying to take anything away or diss Traditional Femme and Butch/FtM roles....

However,

I would like to hear from Femmes who ID differently. Alpha Femmes, Femme Daddy's, Femmes who feel like dudes, Femmes who wish they were men, Femme Tops...ALL Femmes who have ever thought "Hey, how come all we discuss is Butch and FtM gender?", "I don't exactly fit the stereotypes people seem to be having about what Femme is?" or even "I do fit every single stereotype, but wants to discuss anyway"...

Femme/Butch does not = Girl/Boy
Femme does not = submissive
Femme does not = bottom

So many expectations of what Femme is supposed to be. What have you faced?

Thoughts on any of this?

Everyone is welcome!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I, for example, have way more in common with a 16 year old guy, than I do Betty Crocker!

I am not even sure what a feeling is.

I am very un-romantic.

I fall alsleep after sex.

I strap on.

I like to "run the show", as it were.

I like to be called Daddy

etc....
Old 04-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I, for example, have way more in common with a 16 year old guy, than I do Betty Crocker!

Gurlllll, don't I know it... *I* have boys that bake for me

I am not even sure what a feeling is.

*I* can make ya feel though

I am very un-romantic.

Right? You want romance go cruise your local Hallmark store

I fall alsleep after sex.

heh

I strap on.

I too love my cock!

I like to "run the show", as it were.

I too run my household..

I like to be called Daddy

There is only one Daddy in our house, and that is *me*

etc....
For myself I can compute with you in these ways.... I can't with alot of other femmes cause they are what I am not nor ever could be, so at times I have been downed by them for not being a *real femme*

My response..

"I got your *real femme* right here as I grab my big fat femme cock..

Just sayin
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bless you for putting up with me, Boot.

I am femme
I am a bottom
I am submissive
I am passive
I take it

Except

When I'm not

I am butch
I'm a Top
I'm the instigator
I'm Miss
I give it

I don't cook and I don't bake
I don't like to fold and I'm happy to keep all my clothes in two piles: dirty, and clean.
I feel far more powerful walking down a street wearing Tims than I do in Steve Maddens

Who's your Daddy, now?

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
I am femme
I am a bottom
I am submissive
I am passive
I take it

Except

When I'm not

I am butch
I'm a Top
I'm the instigator
I'm Miss
I give it

I don't cook and I don't bake
I don't like to fold and I'm happy to keep all my clothes in two piles: dirty, and clean.
I feel far more powerful walking down a street wearing Tims than I do in Steve Maddens

Who's your Daddy, now?

Oh yeahhhh!

I do the laundry, but only beacsue I am picky about it. I don't cook, Cynthia is picky about that.

I bring home the bacon and hand it over!

Woof!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
One thing I have learned to despise over the years is...

"No I don't want a baby girl type femme" in the same breath

"Could you be just a lil more girly or femme?"

makes me want to punt a juice box off their fucking neck...

Folks are uncomfy or to insecure to be with a femme like myself, I don't submit, nor am I a Hallmark moment...

So my femme surely does not fit that pretty lil pink demure box most people are comfy with...
Ha, no Lifetime television for Women here either!

When I first joined a B/F site someone asked me why I did not go with a softer name like Snugglybunnyfemme...well first off, I am not a snuggler...I am llergic to rabbits (adorable as they are)...and well, I just don't feel like anyone's baby anything.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha, no Lifetime television for Women here either!

When I first joined a B/F site someone asked me why I did not go with a softer name like Snugglybunnyfemme...well first off, I am not a snuggler...I am llergic to rabbits (adorable as they are)...and well, I just don't feel like anyone's baby anything.

My favorite thing is and always will be the horror and offense people take to

the ever so deviant

FEMME COCK

heh
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
My favorite thing is and always will be the horror and offense people take to

the ever so deviant

FEMME COCK

heh
Ohhhhh the humanityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Though some seem to like it. Muahahahaha.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

BOINK. Did somebody say Femme Cock?

I love it (unless it has glitterj).
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
For myself I can compute with you in these ways.... I can't with alot of other femmes cause they are what I am not nor ever could be, so at times I have been downed by them for not being a *real femme*

My response..

"I got your *real femme* right here as I grab my big fat femme cock..

Just sayin

The Hallmark isle gives me hives. Sometimes all Cynthia will ask for for a holiday is a sweet card I have actually read.....eeeeeeekkkkk....I almost hyperventilate every time.

My cock is blue and opalescent and named Blue Thunder!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am femme. And i hate whatever i have tried to prefix to that in the past to let people know that i don't do my nails and i prefer wearing berkenstocks. Andro femme, tomboy femme, hippy femme. They all evoke looks of sympathy from people that make me then want to throttle them.

i am femme. End of conversation. But i am not any kind of stereotype. Up until i made a big career change that took all my time, i spent much of my time hanging out in bars listening to altcountry music -- a genre followed by middle aged white men. Most of my closest friends over the years have been men, and most of them straight. i was kind of one of those High Fidelity geeks except i didn't make lists and have a terrible memory.

i have always disliked the statement that so many femmes put out as if to confound stereotypes -- the i use power tools in my stilletos one. i do not touch power tools, and i have never owned a pair of stilettos. i don't do a lot of traditionally femme things, mostly because those things bore me. i'd rather be reading.

i may not collect shoes, but i also don't like sports. Although i used to hang out with guys all the time, when it was time for me to go home, they walked me to the car and carried my things.

i am happy to be a woman and a femme. i do not love all that woman and femme mean in our culture. Some of it i don't love just because it's not me. Some of it because it's sexist and reactionary.

Re D/s, i am a submissive. i love it. Most people who know me outside of leather would be surprised to hear it. i am a high school teacher. Mostly kids behave in my class because we have a relationship, but if they don't, it's not a problem. i can take care of it.

Re sex, i have been with stone butches and had perfectly satisfying relationships, but i am so not a stone femme. i love to fuck women. i am good at it. i don't strap. i am an old dyke. i am good with my hands.

i proudly ID as a bottom. i do not know how to use toys. Very little bores me more than long conversations about toys -- though i do take note of which ones i like used on me. But, like many masochists, i am also turned on by sadism, and i have made quite a few folks happy just using my hands and my teeth. Actually i had an old paddle i loved, but i lost it at some point.

i am femme, but i also date femmes. i am in service to a butch-femme couple now. i have served femmes before. i love it. However, i do not love the "ewww" that i have heard in my community when i have said that out loud in the past.

i like butches, but not all butches and not everything about butches. Some butches take my breath away. i love them for all the same reasons most femmes do. But i am not as big of a fan of the swagger as most femmes are. i prefer quiet confidence.

i also do not think that because i am a queer femme that i have anything over straight women or andro dykes. i am who i am. It's awesome. They are who they are. Awesome too. i have no interest in defining myself in a way that denigrates other women. i love women. i am femme.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you all for bringing all of this to the site! If there is one thing I have learned since embracing my B-F identity (really a newbie compared to many), is that femmes are absolutely not to be stereotyped! Which gives me so much freedom as a butch! Must be that dance...

I am thinking about attending the Femme Conference as an ally (and a volunteer to do some grunt work) in August in Oakland. I just don't see me affording the Reunion (which does make me sad) financially. And I think it would be a very good thing for me to attend as an ally and listen to femmes tell their stories and demonstrate their diversity.

And I am going to read this thread from start to finish!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

One thing I have learned to despise over the years is...

"No I don't want a baby girl type femme" in the same breath

"Could you be just a lil more girly or femme?"

makes me want to punt a juice box off their fucking neck...

Folks are uncomfy or to insecure to be with a femme like myself, I don't submit, nor am I a Hallmark moment...

So my femme surely does not fit that pretty lil pink demure box most people are comfy with...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
AshenLady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Happy

AshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have been thinking about starting this tread for weeks, and I keep putting it off for lack of a catchy name.....
So glad you came up with a catchy name. Thank you for this thread - what a breath of fresh air ...

I am femme, no doubt about it but if something needs fixin' or there's hard work to be done or something needs drivin' - I'm on it, and don't you dare try to belittle or redefine me.
AshenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AshenLady For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenLady View Post
So glad you came up with a catchy name. Thank you for this thread - what a breath of fresh air ...

I am femme, no doubt about it but if something needs fixin' or there's hard work to be done or something needs drivin' - I'm on it, and don't you dare try to belittle or redefine me.
I used to enjoy driving the big trucks at work back before they got so picky about CDL's and all.

I went by Big Rig Jenny!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
paintedleofemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,her
Relationship Status:
Married

paintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am so loving this thread! So many butchs that i have dated assume that because I am femme I am submissive woman, oh how wrong they are, and I loved proving it to them, I am a switch, believe me, their are times that I love to take control in the bedroom, and sometimes out of their too. I like to tell people, just because I look femme don't think I cant become a dominant fierce woman in the blink of your eye!

Don't like me? Take a seat with the rest of the losers waiting for me to give a damn.
paintedleofemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paintedleofemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I learned quickly not to assume that femme = bottom and that butch = top. That's probably why my description says "dorky queer femme bottom", because I know those terms aren't synonymous.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Wink When I want to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
I learned quickly not to assume that femme = bottom and that butch = top. That's probably why my description says "dorky queer femme bottom", because I know those terms aren't synonymous.
The same goes here. Femme on the streets, butch in the sheets...when I wanna be

Being submissive can also be a way of being fierce, because I let her have control of me when I want to. It's rather delicious.

I can work on my truck, say change a tire, change the oil and filter, lube the joints, check fluid levels and such and fill as needed, but beyond that I let someone else do it.

I keep my nails short and neat.

When I'm out with my gf, if I feel we are threatened, I bow up ready to fight for both of us. Yes I've been in fights. Yes I had to have a CT of my head to see if I had a head injury after a fight, but I never quit. I am a fierce femme!

What I'm trying to say is, looks can be deceiving and as dynamite comes in small packages, so do fierce femmes!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #19
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedleofemme View Post
I am so loving this thread! So many butchs that i have dated assume that because I am femme I am submissive woman, oh how wrong they are, and I loved proving it to them, I am a switch, believe me, their are times that I love to take control in the bedroom, and sometimes out of their too. I like to tell people, just because I look femme don't think I cant become a dominant fierce woman in the blink of your eye!
This resonates with me...I'm definitely a switch, too!
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #20
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
This resonates with me...I'm definitely a switch, too!
me too.

It fluid for me.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: