Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default we are not built like men...

this is reality..it's just not easy for women, at least softer ones, which is me..so I relate well to this video..so take heart, anybody can do this, you don't have to be a macho nacho!

kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #22
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I'm coming a little late to the fire starting party...but...

I have reading glasses...the store bought magnifying kind. I read that those in particular make a good fire starter in a pinch. But I have at least 3 sources for fire in my pack at all times. Just in case. Fire can mean life in a bad situation.
Oh? Which three? I have flint matches lighter and lenses from old camera.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2016, 01:23 AM   #23
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default start small..

Old 03-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #24
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default But Dream Big...

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #25
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default thoughtful...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #26
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tick Rant

Ticks are blood-sucking tanks that sink themselves into your skin and NEVER let go. They make a big swollen spot where they feed on your blood, and poison you. You itch like crazy. They can fly and jump under your clothes, and into your private parts, which they especially love. I've had them in my hair, ears, under my breast, around my vagina, and yesterday, found one in my bellybutton! Even though I protect myself with clothing, they stay on my working clothes until I wear them again. I must check my clothes better! They are round brown with legs all around. I stomped on one about ten times, and that sucker still didn't die. Maybe kittygrrl will pic a tick. The only way to get rid of these suckers is with fire! If you just pick them off, their head will still stay in you. Use the tip of a match or knife, or anything sharp, put in a fire, and touch it's back. It should jump off. If it don't, slide something thin under it too. With the one deep in my bellybutton, I had to maneuver a 10 magnifying mirror, tweezers, and light to see it, and pull it out. The itch and lump will still be in me for weeks. I HATE THEM! If you don't have fire to kill them, you can suffocate them with vasoline, or get in a bathtub, with as hot as you can stand it water, and drown them. Rant over.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2016, 03:11 PM   #27
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Glenn

Your experience with tics is truly horrific. I've been in the woods a lot and I've only had a few issues. Perhaps I've been lucky...I understand they can leave you ill with diseases...I do take some precautions, tick proof clothing, thick, knee boot socks with boots, organic tic spray and I try to clear the areas I've camped in..I haven't camped in a while but because it's just not safe anymore, too many nuts about..as a substitute I bivouac in the back yard and it's ok. It's a little lame but I was in the back yard learning some things and realized hey this feels amazing, because I wasnt on edge watching out of the corner of my eye for a bear or a serial killer...that's the unfortunate shit you have to consider when going out to camp alone...don't(at least not in the United States).
Old 07-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #28
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default I love scary..

Old 07-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Ticks are blood-sucking tanks that sink themselves into your skin and NEVER let go. They make a big swollen spot where they feed on your blood, and poison you. You itch like crazy. They can fly and jump under your clothes, and into your private parts, which they especially love. I've had them in my hair, ears, under my breast, around my vagina, and yesterday, found one in my bellybutton! Even though I protect myself with clothing, they stay on my working clothes until I wear them again. I must check my clothes better! They are round brown with legs all around. I stomped on one about ten times, and that sucker still didn't die. Maybe kittygrrl will pic a tick. The only way to get rid of these suckers is with fire! If you just pick them off, their head will still stay in you. Use the tip of a match or knife, or anything sharp, put in a fire, and touch it's back. It should jump off. If it don't, slide something thin under it too. With the one deep in my bellybutton, I had to maneuver a 10 magnifying mirror, tweezers, and light to see it, and pull it out. The itch and lump will still be in me for weeks. I HATE THEM! If you don't have fire to kill them, you can suffocate them with vasoline, or get in a bathtub, with as hot as you can stand it water, and drown them. Rant over.
When I was a child, I remember every night at bedtime being check for ticks when I was visiting in Escanaba Michigan at my grandparents! I only got one or two but I remember them burning them with fire.
Sort of made an impression and maybe that's another reason I'm not a big fan or camping or other outdoor activities!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #30
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Juniper Ash-Gad Bit'eesh

Needed for Navajo Blue Corn Dishes-In every thing they do, the Navajo respect for the land is always the rule.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #31
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Arrow tinder nests

lots
of different materials you can use. Make several different kinds. This guy's for real.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #32
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Man... when I saw the heading bushcraft... I was so WTH?! lol

I rarely ever see the word "bush" used in America to mean the wilderness! Seems with all the survival shows on TV it's becoming a more popular term. Great topic!!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #33
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default I call it a starter kit...

he call's it "the five essentials"..it's a she says tomuhto, he says tomayto..kind of thing..
Old 08-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #34
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

I have a little bit of trouble with his canteen choice, to me you should buy a steel container first, that you can boil water in. You can't always depend on portable water or water tablets to get you by. Boiling water is a basic you should know how to do. Also it's not a bad idea to build a filter. I've done it in the past with charcoal, sand, and gravel. You layer it then run your water thru it a few times. This is something you can do with the raw materials you can find near your water source and might get you by if by any chance you can't boil your water. If you're interested in a link, you tube has many of them. I'll post one if I think of it later..happy bushcrafting!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:01 AM   #35
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This "Chippewa Kitchen" shown by BushcraftOnFire is interesting and fun to create if you plan to be in one spot for a couple of weeks.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #36
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
This "Chippewa Kitchen" shown by BushcraftOnFire is interesting and fun to create if you plan to be in one spot for a couple of weeks.

Great video! This has been in my library for a couple of years. I've not had a chance to set one up yet but it's on my bucket list!
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #37
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Mine as well. He is one of my many favorites as far as male bushcrafters goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Great video! This has been in my library for a couple of years. I've not had a chance to set one up yet but it's on my bucket list!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #38
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Fire Feathers are cool..

Old 11-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #39
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default Winter fire go to-

Old 11-28-2016, 01:05 AM   #40
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Default WOW

I really like this site, I didn't know what bushcraft ment but I have read most of the posts and now I definitely know what it means. another name for survival...
Now I want to take a class on bushcraft and who knows I might find someone who I could go camping with and we can test our skills that we would learn..

Oh this is cool, I do watch survival reality shows, but did not put what I have learned to test....

thanks everyone for re-educating me again....
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post: