Old 07-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #30921
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
hermit crab
Preferred Pronoun?:
her

Thanked 18,975 Times in 5,561 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Currently...making an Angel Hair Checca and a small Blackberry Cobbler for a intimate dinner party @ my best friends...it's just her, her boyfriend, & my date...it will be fun..we'll probably dine on her patio...it should be beautiful tonight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black Lives Matter
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #30922
Kätzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 28,389 Times in 8,775 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I read where Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson became Greek citizens, so i ordered some Greek take-out tonight.

Falafel balls with tadziki sauce, garden salad with strips of roasted Lamb and feta crumbles.

Water to drink.

Watermelon for dessert.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #30923
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,384 Times in 4,987 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I had an Amy's samosa wrap. Meh. The Moroccan Tagine wrap is hands down the winner. It has the most flavor, a good mix of spice and sweetness.

I had dark chocolate for dessert. It was so much better than the white chocolate.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 05:53 AM   #30924
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Thanked 27,932 Times in 6,883 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I had some chicken (frozen and pre-cooked) and it was horrible.

Probably because I didn’t use their sauce. Normally, I throw away food I dont like, but I’m not tossing out food during a pandemic.

I baked it last night. Next time I’ll try frying it. And if that doesn’t work I’ll try putting it on the grill. By that time I will have gone through the whole bag.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #30925
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Thanked 35,416 Times in 8,967 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I had some chicken (frozen and pre-cooked) and it was horrible.

Probably because I didn’t use their sauce. Normally, I throw away food I dont like, but I’m not tossing out food during a pandemic.

I baked it last night. Next time I’ll try frying it. And if that doesn’t work I’ll try putting it on the grill. By that time I will have gone through the whole bag.

Yesterday was national wing day. I heard it more than once..lol
So now that I have wings on the brain, to open your post and see how horrible yours were! Ok, I'm over it. Lol.

On my list of do not buy. Thank you.

It was also national Lasagna day..I'll hold out for homemade veggie lasagna. I know that will be soon!

kisses

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #30926
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Gravel Butch

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,921 Times in 1,324 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Fried potatoes and onions plus I am broiling steaks.
Wrang1er is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #30927
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Thanked 35,416 Times in 8,967 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My version of sausage ettouffe. Lots of sweet onions, broccoli, spinach and green onions. I think over jasmine rice??

Sliced strawberries and yogurt later.

Chai iced tea over lots of ice.

kisses

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #30928
GeorgiaMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
involved - poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 20,366 Times in 3,498 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I had an Amy's samosa wrap. Meh. The Moroccan Tagine wrap is hands down the winner. It has the most flavor, a good mix of spice and sweetness.
Did you know that Amy's dishes are purposely designed to be kind of flavorless? It's one of their selling points. The person who came up with the idea for the company wanted international foods but without much spice. Go figure.

I had:
- a Popeye's classic chicken sandwich
- a honeycrisp apple

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow . . .
it'll soon be here . . .
better than before.
Yesterday's gone.

- Christine McVie
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #30929
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I made one of my favorite dishes which consists of mixing together:

Brussels sprouts, beets, lentils, feta cheese, EVOO, garlic, toasted pine nuts, avocado, and artichoke hearts.

For dessert I had Ritter Sport white chocolate with hazelnuts. Now, I know I dissed white chocolate yesterday but this was really good.

How do I... ?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 10:52 PM   #30930
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
hermit crab
Preferred Pronoun?:
her

Thanked 18,975 Times in 5,561 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

broiled halibut &
a small spinach salad

Black Lives Matter
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 01:41 AM   #30931
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Amy's cheese enchiladas. It was a frozen dinner that also had with it corn and black beans. I really like her cheese enchiladas. I mixed in steamed cauliflower and my favorite hot salsa: La Victoria Extra Hot Salsa Jalapena.

More of the white chocolate with whole hazel nut bar for dessert.

How do I... ?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #30932
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,014 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

Speckled trout, steamed green beans. Ice tea.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #30933
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Last night was a delicious greek salad by way of door dash. Had char-broiled chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and chockfull of tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta, roasted garlic and a bit of lettuce. Will have leftovers for dinner by tossing the lettuce and adding my own.

I didn't use their salad dressing. Had them put it on the side and added lemon and olive oil.

I needed a break from those wings and that did the trick.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #30934
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Bum
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Social Distancing

Thanked 14,617 Times in 2,387 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Tonight I’m going to grill some honey mustard chicken, in marinade now, on my new charcoal Weber, as well as some corn on the cob. Watermelon for desert.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #30935
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,014 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

baked chicken wings, baked fries. Ice tea
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #30936
GeorgiaMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
involved - poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 20,366 Times in 3,498 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- baked BBQ pork chops
- Rice-a-Roni

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow . . .
it'll soon be here . . .
better than before.
Yesterday's gone.

- Christine McVie
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #30937
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 104,829 Times in 24,548 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Last night was a delicious greek salad by way of door dash. Had char-broiled chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and chockfull of tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta, roasted garlic and a bit of lettuce. Will have leftovers for dinner by tossing the lettuce and adding my own.

I didn't use their salad dressing. Had them put it on the side and added lemon and olive oil.

I needed a break from those wings and that did the trick.
Have you thought about thawing them and then shredding the meat off the bone to add into something else like a salad or a creamy type dish that will hide any residual ick taste? I had to do that once with a bag of chicken patties that just didn't taste great at all and it was a lot more tolerable that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Tonight I’m going to grill some honey mustard chicken, in marinade now, on my new charcoal Weber, as well as some corn on the cob. Watermelon for desert.

Did you grill the watermelon? It's super delicious that way.

Last night, I had a giant Caesar salad with chunks of lemon pepper chicken that I had to get rid of before it went bad. I just took the skin off and flaked it in the salad and it was really good. I had 2 peach Outshine bars for dessert and fake Mtn. Dew to drink. I've been a soda kick lately. Hope I squash it soon.

Tonight, it's pizza, fake Mtn. Dew and Outshine bars. I already had a pineapple one earlier (my favorite) so dessert may be peach or tangerine. Tangerine ties for second with coconut so it'll likely be that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #30938
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

For dinner tonight I did some experimenting. It didn't turn out all that well, but it's good to experiment

I had Mary's Gone Crackers crackers (superseed classic) with spreadable cheese, cucumber, and paprika. "Mary's Gone Crackers" always look so good but I've had them once before and didn't like them. Still because they look so good I decided to try them again. Oh my gosh, no more. And I know so many people like "Mary's Gone Crackers" but I absolutely do not want to hear from anyone who does like them . I DO always like the rest of this dish but the "Mary's gone crackers" ruined it.

I also had a Green Giant's frozen side dish that I like a lot. It's sliced green beans with almonds. Normally I add evoo and garlic, and it's fabulous. This time I decided to make what I will call the lazy man's green bean casserole. I added onion frizzles and cream of mushroom condensed soup. Oh my goodness, it was okay but overall just silly.

Then for dessert I tried some Gavottes thin butter crackers. They were very bland.

How do I... ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #30939
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Have you thought about thawing them and then shredding the meat off the bone to add into something else like a salad or a creamy type dish that will hide any residual ick taste? I had to do that once with a bag of chicken patties that just didn't taste great at all and it was a lot more tolerable that way.

Hadn’t thought of that. I one more batch and am holding off eating them for as long as I can.

Did you grill the watermelon? It's super delicious that way.

Last night, I had a giant Caesar salad with chunks of lemon pepper chicken that I had to get rid of before it went bad. I just took the skin off and flaked it in the salad and it was really good. I had 2 peach Outshine bars for dessert and fake Mtn. Dew to drink. I've been a soda kick lately. Hope I squash it soon.

Tonight, it's pizza, fake Mtn. Dew and Outshine bars. I already had a pineapple one earlier (my favorite) so dessert may be peach or tangerine. Tangerine ties for second with coconut so it'll likely be that.
Last night I had the last of the chicken (from the Greek salad) on a low-carb tortilla with a glass of Chardonnay. It hit the spot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #30940
Kätzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 28,389 Times in 8,775 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
For dinner tonight I did some experimenting. It didn't turn out all that well, but it's good to experiment

I had Mary's Gone Crackers crackers (superseed classic) with spreadable cheese, cucumber, and paprika. "Mary's Gone Crackers" always look so good but I've had them once before and didn't like them. Still because they look so good I decided to try them again. Oh my gosh, no more. And I know so many people like "Mary's Gone Crackers" but I absolutely do not want to hear from anyone who does like them . I DO always like the rest of this dish but the "Mary's gone crackers" ruined it.

I also had a Green Giant's frozen side dish that I like a lot. It's sliced green beans with almonds. Normally I add evoo and garlic, and it's fabulous. This time I decided to make what I will call the lazy man's green bean casserole. I added onion frizzles and cream of mushroom condensed soup. Oh my goodness, it was okay but overall just silly.

Then for dessert I tried some Gavottes thin butter crackers. They were very bland.
I hear you about the blandness of Mary's Gone Crackers (brand of crackers). I thought they were pretty good until I found better crackers, so I gave them up in favor of a new line of crisps by Lesley Stowe (Rain Coast Crisps).

www.lesleystowe.com

I really like the crisps. They come in a variety of flavors and blends (cranberry, olive, garlic, cheese, rosemary). And they are delicious and very tasty and filling. I like them a lot.

Have you also tried Divina's Fig Spread? I use the fig spreads and couple them with smoked gouda or other vegan plant based cheeses to make a tasty snack, which ends up being more of a small meal.

I like the Chili Fig Spread and the Orange Fig Spread. Both are very delicious.

For supper tonight, I plan on making a party tray of Rain Coast Crisps, brie, Jalapeno spread and Divina's Fig Spread with a portion of Red Grapes and cubed cantaloupe on the side.

And, McMenamin Brewery's handcrafted Ruby Ale, on the side, for a late afternoon Sunday evening supper.

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
dinner