Old 12-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #1541
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

A client canceling a $500 job after I had already set aside the time, started the research and counted on the money. Yeah I am pissed. Usually jobs like that are ones I get on my own, and I would get a deposit but this one was through a writing service. I have been assured I will be "compensated for my time" - not sure what that means yet. This truly sucks, especially after taking off some time last week for Thanksgiving.

People flaking out on me - appears to be a major theme lately. NOT good. Especially when I go out of my way to do good work, be supportive of people when they really need it, etc. and still get cancelled on at the last minute, screwed over, stabbed in the back, bad mouthed, etc.

I will never be like that and thank goodness for the good people in my life.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #1542
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default *smh...

The tree I had planted when I purchased my home, had to be removed due to its health 4 weekends ago. I took a picture of before and after. It was not the first tree I have had to remove due to their health.

In the process of removal I had asked to have a a few living 4-6 inch limbs cut to a manageable size of which I received 12 to pick from. When it was time for the stump to be cut/removed: I asked for 4 late in life *slices* so I could count the rings. I was graced with 6.

My neighbor who always has a noisiness about him asked what I was doing with the *scraps from my tree. I said I will take the best of the stump to make a cutting board for my son and the branches to be cut to be used as coffee table coasters for him as a memory of his life here.

This afternoon: Nosy Neighbor presented to me HIS version of my idea from HIS cedar tree of both of my ideas. He had the gall to tell me: your Son will love the smell of these more... I politely said no thank you, and explained his memory of the Locust tree from our front yard will have a lot more meaning.

Miffed in Kansas...
Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #1543
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Alabama in the top 4!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #1544
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Alabama in the top 4!
Hoosiers lost to Michigan on Saturday!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #1545
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
A client canceling a $500 job after I had already set aside the time, started the research and counted on the money. Yeah I am pissed. Usually jobs like that are ones I get on my own, and I would get a deposit but this one was through a writing service. I have been assured I will be "compensated for my time" - not sure what that means yet. This truly sucks, especially after taking off some time last week for Thanksgiving.

People flaking out on me - appears to be a major theme lately. NOT good. Especially when I go out of my way to do good work, be supportive of people when they really need it, etc. and still get cancelled on at the last minute, screwed over, stabbed in the back, bad mouthed, etc.

I will never be like that and thank goodness for the good people in my life.

Update to the above post: the day after the client canceled the $500 job he changed his mind again and wanted me to write it. I was wary but did the work and today the money is in my bank account. So that part ended well.

Last night I was editing an obituary for a friend's mother. I was basically finished but wanted to look at it one more time. My computer was acting sluggish so I decided to restart. Ugh, it went through the Grand Mother of all updates and took forever. It was already late at night and I thought I was gonna go insane waiting. I was finally able to go over the obit one more time and send it off. Minor irritation really. Life of a writer, lol, but I do get to work at home in my pjs so I really don't have a lot to complain about.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #1546
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

pulling a muscle in my back from having a snooze on the sofa. Owwie! :-(
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #1547
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I broke a tooth today.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 03:29 AM   #1548
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

looking at 2 ugly leaders claiming who has the BIGGER BUTTON~ lordy I can't look at either one of them ~
Old 01-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #1549
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
I broke a tooth today.
on Christmas candy ? ouch girl
Old 01-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #1550
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

that the tax collector’s online payment system wants to charge $4.00 for paying online.

GRRRRRRRRR

i am SO sending in a check with a nasty note!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #1551
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default DVM...

Dee, I was charged a $3 fee for processing of my VISA payment for my drivers license update.

I asked what if I had paid cash...she said *oh that would mean a receipt?* I replied YES. She said: we don't accept cash.

I asked how about a personal check....she said well Yes we Do accept those! I asked is there a charge/fee for that? She said...I don't think so.

I walked away and will now await my new license (I got a printed paper with my deer in the headlight pic*) until my new plastic one is processed and mailed.

N-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #1552
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
Dee, I was charged a $3 fee for processing of my VISA payment for my drivers license update.

I asked what if I had paid cash...she said *oh that would mean a receipt?* I replied YES. She said: we don't accept cash.

I asked how about a personal check....she said well Yes we Do accept those! I asked is there a charge/fee for that? She said...I don't think so.

I walked away and will now await my new license (I got a printed paper with my deer in the headlight pic*) until my new plastic one is processed and mailed.

N-
RIGHT! ......
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #1553
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

How county websites for building codes are not user friendly and are loaded with way too many PDF files.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 10:12 PM   #1554
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
that the tax collector’s online payment system wants to charge $4.00 for paying online.

GRRRRRRRRR

i am SO sending in a check with a nasty note!
I side with you, dee.
And I get pissed when we get "forced" to use an online reservation site for reserving a state camp site or cabin where they charge $9 per day as a reservation fee. When I've gone to the state-ran park office to reserve my site, they still charge $9 per day online fee. Their excuse is this fee helps pay for their online reservation system....even when processing a payment in person. Isn't that what the campground revenues and our state taxes help cover?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #1555
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pissed

Grrr! The current administration, specifically him!

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #1556
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Verizon!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #1557
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Not a thing, but the day is still young!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #1558
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Multiple, very annoying Robo Calls from a scam about school loans that switch phone numbers every time they call so I can't block them and makes it difficult to report them.
Dammit, I've paid off my school loans! And I never got calls like these until my loans were taken care of.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 AM   #1559
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default back to Kenna

Agree! Mine are not the same topic but same protocol.
It is always the same ROBO female named Heather.
Makes me so upset! And just exactly like you said, you block the number, then they come in with another different number.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #1560
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

my day job, but my side job was so awesome today, i don’t care!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: