Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #741
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This last week I've been laid up with a bad knee, I parked it in front of the tube and figured out how to watch prime which I've had forever and never watched. As an alternative to Netflix it doesn't seem to offer much but as a supplement it's free and has a couple of things. I've been binging Bosch which is basically another detective show though tries for contemporary noir in LA. I like both his house and taste in music a lot. The rest is standard fare.

It was recommended by some folks who have read the book series, it might spark me to read them. The book is always better.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #742
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Episode 2 of Star Trek Picard did not disappoint. I highly recommend this show to any Picard fan.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:33 AM   #743
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Ragnarok.....on netflix... it's .... interesting.
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #744
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Am watching The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio on Pluto TV. It’s about a housewife from the 1950s or 60s who enters jingle writing contests to help support her large family. It’s with Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson and I can watch either of them in almost anything.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #745
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Dracula on Netflix
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #746
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

_BoJack Horseman_ has new episodes out on Netflix!

Sadly, I think this is the last season.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #747
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Episode 2 of Star Trek Picard did not disappoint. I highly recommend this show to any Picard fan.
Picard fan here, just recently heard this was coming out. Where is it streaming?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #748
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Continuing my quest to see if Prime has anything I found Goliath and am enjoying it. Being stuck at home I am seeing more video than usual.

Just kind of burned out on Netflix for a while, I think it’s partly due to the recommendations being too similar to each other. I like a lot of variety and it’s there but ever more difficult to find.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #749
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm considering spending $31.99 to get the first season of _The Rookie_. I have only seen one episode, but I'm told it's the kind of thing I would really like. I kind of hate to spend the money when there are so many good things on streaming right now, but on the other hand nothing is really piquing my interest, and I would love a good bingeable series. Any thoughts, pro/con?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #750
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hair Love

Sony is offering it for free at YouTube.

Hair Love, an award-winning animated short film from Matthew A. Cherry, tells the heartfelt story of an African American father learning to do his daughter’s hair for the first time.

Directors:
Matthew A. Cherry (Executive Producer, “BlacKkKlansman”)
Everett Downing Jr. (Animator, "Up")
Bruce W. Smith (Creator, “The Proud Family,” Animator, “The Princess and the Frog”)

Producers:
Karen Rupert Toliver
Stacey Newton
Monica A. Young
Matthew A. Cherry
David Steward II
Carl Reed

Executive Producers:
Peter Ramsey (“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”)
Frank Abney (Animator, “Toy Story 4”)

Features:
Issa Rae (“Insecure”) as Zuri's mother

Co-Executive Producers:
Jordan Peele
Andrew Hawkins
Harrison Barnes
Yara and Keri Shahidi

Associate Producers:
N’Dambi Gillespie
Gabrielle Union-Wade
Dwayne Wade Jr.
Gabourey Sidibe
Stephanie Fredric
Claude Kelly

Music Composers:
Paul Mounsey
Daniel D. Crawford

Additional Composer:
Taylor Graves

Production Partners:
Lion Forge Animation
Chasing Miles
Matthew A. Cherry Entertainment

The project is a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation that was launched as a Kickstarter campaign in 2017 with a fundraising goal of $75,000. Strong support led to the campaign amassing nearly $300,000, making it the most highly-funded short film campaign in Kickstarter history.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #751
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This last week I've been laid up with a bad knee, I parked it in front of the tube and figured out how to watch prime which I've had forever and never watched. As an alternative to Netflix it doesn't seem to offer much but as a supplement it's free and has a couple of things. I've been binging Bosch which is basically another detective show though tries for contemporary noir in LA. I like both his house and taste in music a lot. The rest is standard fare.

It was recommended by some folks who have read the book series, it might spark me to read them. The book is always better.
Just found it on Prime. Going to check it out. Thank you Kelt.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #752
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm considering spending $31.99 to get the first season of _The Rookie_. I have only seen one episode, but I'm told it's the kind of thing I would really like. I kind of hate to spend the money when there are so many good things on streaming right now, but on the other hand nothing is really piquing my interest, and I would love a good bingeable series. Any thoughts, pro/con?
You may want to check out Hulu TV. I think you can stream it on Hulu for about 6 bucks a month.

https://www.hulu.com/series/the-rook...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #753
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Tyler Perry's Fall From Grace.......

Boy it was good..
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #754
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Watched a few episodes of The Morning Show on Apple TV and it was better than I expected. It looks like Matt Laurer is the model used for one of the show's co-host (and I'm surprised that it hits so close to home). I like seeing what goes on behind the scenes of a morning show. It's something to watch if you don't have much else to so.

Also watched a few episodes of Better Call Saul after reading a New York Times review and this, too, is better than I expected. I liked Breaking Bad and thought this was a repeat, but it's not. It's more thoughtful (i.e, slower and not afraid of long silences) and, IMO, more interesting. Will stick with it for awhile.

Still glad I got rid of cable tv. Am able to catch a simulcast of CNN, MSNBC, and C-SPAN on SiriusXM, but I'll get rid of Sirius when they jack up the price after this introductory offer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #755
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I really like The Rookie. Orema's right; you should be able to find it cheaper than that but I'd definitely look for it. They touch on a lot of relevant topics.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 11:03 PM   #756
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I heard a podcast interview with the illustrator Lisa Hanawalt and people keep mentioning it ... I think now's the time.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #757
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Hunters TV Series (2020-)

I saw the 1st episode of "Hunters" this morning. It's an Amazon Prime release.

"A diverse band of Nazi Hunters in 1977 New York City discover that hundreds of escaped Nazis are living in America and set out on a bloody quest for revenge and justice. However, they soon discover a far-reaching conspiracy and must race against time to thwart the Nazis’ new genocidal plans."

Well, Al Pacino, the chief Nazi hunter, reminds me a lot of Abraham Setrakian, who was the old guy who hunted vampires in "The Strain". In a way, I think the two series are similar in that they are both fantasies, and the "good guys" are hunting the evil ones. Of course, there have been quite a few films made about escaped "Nazis" - e.g. making a secret base on the moon, such as "Iron Sky" (2012), which was good for a laugh, and then there was the classic, "The Boys from Brazil" (1978), etc.

I really don't know what to make of "Hunters"; will watch the last episode and see if I like how it developed, and if I like that one, may watch all the 8 episodes in between. Apparently, these escaped "Nazis" and their young recruits are plotting to create a 4th Reich, and have placed their members in all sorts of powerful positions, such as govt, etc. {Thinking of what is going on in U.S. politics and the rise of the alt-right.} (lol)
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #758
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Hunters TV Series (2020-) cont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post

I really don't know what to make of "Hunters"; will watch the last episode and see if I like how it developed, and if I like that one, may watch all the 8 episodes in between. Apparently, these escaped "Nazis" and their young recruits are plotting to create a 4th Reich, and have placed their members in all sorts of powerful positions, such as govt, etc. {Thinking of what is going on in U.S. politics and the rise of the alt-right.} (lol)
Well I checked the last episode, and yes, it looks interesting enough to watch the whole thing Pacino is great!
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #759
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Netflix and Pluto

Have been watching Being Mary Jane again. I quit watching for awhile but am back at it.

I'm still not enjoying Mary Jane's story line, but I love seeing her family in action. So nice to see Margaret Avery (my favorite actress), Richard Roundtree, Raven Goodwin, and Richard Brooks in action on the screen.

It's almost magical for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #760
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

The Magicians
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote