Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Vegetarian "Greek" Pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
This is one of my favourite 5 minute meals for one:

Ingredients-
angel hair pasta
frozen peeled shrimp
frozen or fresh broccoli
frozen pesto (or pesto-like sauce for those of us who can't eat cheese)

Boil water with a little salt and olive oil in a small to medium pot. Add only enough pasta for one person! (That means a round handful about an inch in diameter.)

If you're using fresh broccoli, cut it up.

Defrost or just soften the pesto in the microwave.

As soon as the pasta is ready, (should be only a few minutes if it's angel hair), turn off the stove.

Add the shrimp and the broccoli, then cover the pot. Wait a minute or less. The shrimp should have turned red, but not rubbery. Drain everything in a colander, then dump it on your plate. Put a few spoonful of the softened pesto on top and mix it in. If the sauce isn't melting, 20 seconds in the microwave should take care of business.

Grind some pepper over the top, and you'll have the tastiest 5 minute meal you ever ate.

I do something similar on a regular basis...

Here's my go to quick-and-easy pasta dish -- btw, I credit a long ago ex for this recipe:

Vegetarian "Greek" Pasta

Ingedients
Pasta (or blanched summer squash, as gluten-free alternative)
1-2 Cups of ready-to-eat Baby Spinach leaves
1 small yellow or Spanish onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1Tbsp olive oil
1 pat butter
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Couple Pinches of kosher or sea salt

Method
Boil any pasta 'til al dente, I like veggie rotini or farfalle (or make "pasta" from juilliened summer squash, blanched).
Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
Add diced onion and salt to skillet; sautee 'til carmelized.
Add fresh crushed garlic.
Add spinach and cook just a few minutes 'til it begins to wilt.
Stir in drained/cooked pasta (or blanched squash) to saucepan.
Spritz w/ juice of 1/2 lemon.
Finish w/ pinch of salt and toss in skillet to fully coat pasta.
Serve immediately.

Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

This could go in the vegetarian thread too...

1 Morningstar Original Griller burger
1 Can of Lentils or Black Beans
Veggie Shredded "Cheddar Cheese"

It's super fast to make, just heat up the lentils [I thicken mine a lot] or black beans, toss them on a cooked burger and smother it all with cheese! I have mine open face on a slice of hard bread. Yum.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #23
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

I love to cook...havent quite figured out how to cook for one....subscribing to this....usually cooking for one is a bowl of cereal....and a bannana good enough ...

when i do cook i cook its more than enough to feed me for 3-4 days..I do not like waste.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
BstlMyhart

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

BstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST Reputation

Cooking for one (me):

1. Take out frozen dinner.
2. Nuke.
3. Dinner!
BstlMyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BstlMyhart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

TF has gotten into the habit of cooking meals for me and for her son in advance for the week, when she has some extra time on a Sunday (usually twice a month). She makes 3-4 different meals that I rotate throughout the week. If I have anything left, I put them in the freezer. I then rotate some in from the freezer periodically. It took her QUITE a while to learn to cook small amounts, but she has it down now.

She cooks vegan + fish (for me), but cooks fish, chicken, and ground turkey meat for her son.

She is actually off at the store right now. Have I ever mentioned how awesome she is ???

On the weeks she doesn't cook I buy/eat those Amy's TV dinners. They are good and Amy has about 5 different vegan meals I can eat. I am pretty easy when it comes to food in terms of I can eat the same thing over and over.

Maybe she will come in and share her ideas as she can cook several meals in an afternoon. It is high quality stuff too...she is the fastest chef I have ever seen! She cooks similarly to you, DWM, your first meal is something I could see her making (minus the butter). You guys seem to have a similar style.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It took her QUITE a while to learn to cook small amounts, but she has it down now.

She is actually off at the store right now. Have I ever mentioned how awesome she is ???
Two things:

1) This girl cooked 4 meals in 2.5 hours. Fast. Fast. Fast.

2) I lied about the whole learned to cook in small amounts! Two of the meals are large. She is going to put pictures in one of the other food threads of what she just made.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #27
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

There are several things to do to ensure a good meal. Make sure you get plenty of fresh food. At least half of what you eat should be raw.

I used to make tv dinners for a nurse friend. The next best thing would be a pot luck tv dinner party. Invite friends to make their fav dish and you can divy up the food so every one can have meals ready in the freezer.

my famous meatloaf starts with hamburger...2lbs
box of stuffing smashed up
2 scrambled raw eggs
minced onion
1 shredded carrot
garlic powder

mix all together bake at 350 for about an hour

or put in slow cooker
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #28
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

quick way to cook pasta without making a mess.

boil the water.
when boiling add pasta.
let boil up again (will cool off a bit)
let boil UNCOVERED for about 3 or 4 minutes
TURN OFF BURNER. Cover. let stand for 10 to 20 minutes.
check every five for tenderness.

Drain well, run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Put in regular large bowl.
Put one Tablespoon of olive oil in pasta, mix well Stops them from sticking.

You are ready to use it in any recipe or store in fridge.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #29
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

quicky casserole

2 cups of leftover meat from other meals (chicken, beef, fish, pork what ever)
one can of fav canned soup (creamed)
2 cups cooked pasta
2 cups chopped veggies

Heat soup, add meat till hot, add veggies pasta. Heat until all are hot, stir well during process.

Voila' dinner in a pot. Add fresh salad on the side.

OR you can mix all this stuff cold in the am. Put in crock pot on low, or fridge for later. If you put it in the fridge, come home put in oven and cook for 35/45 minutes. Hot meal!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good for ya too!

A canned of smoked kippers and crackers (plate optional)

thats a quickie.... here a sitdown meal
Take the time.. Slaw salad cut thinly with a sharp knife. NOW garlic ,salt, oil & vinegar to taste together and thru with hand.
Jasamine rice (brown rice optional)
Spanish chicken.... garlic clove,oregano,salt, pepper in a motar &pistle (mash up and rub on chicken)
start the cooking..o/oil & chopped onions til starting translucentcy..add chicken parts to brownTHEN....
tomatoe puree and paste to thicken along with olives w/penentos
cook it all on simmer & a top.
add tomato sauce or chix broth if it gets dry/thick WATCH TOO MUCH HEAT DOESN'T DO. SIMMER IS BEST
sauce should be liquid but not watery.
Plate with or on top of rice. Slaw served up cold with tomatoe slices on top. avocado slice on the side optional
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default leftovers

So much better the next day....
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Default Ahh Spanish influence! Yum!!

My Mom had a book on Tapas from Spain. I tried to steal it but I got busted.
Needless to say I'm ordering my copy.

I think little morsels of food are tastie and just enough...the nice thing is you can have as many different taste as you want.
Vino complements nicely

pop them in ur lunch pail too.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydwg07 View Post
My Mom had a book on Tapas from Spain. I tried to steal it but I got busted.
Needless to say I'm ordering my copy.

I think little morsels of food are tastie and just enough...the nice thing is you can have as many different taste as you want.
Vino complements nicely

pop them in ur lunch pail too.
Yer're killin' me here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #34
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Cooking for one or two is a problem for lots of folks. Another problem I have run into is folks who will not eat leftovers... really? leftovers taste better than the first servings.

So here are a few other ideas that occured to me.

Get a group of friends together and do a reverse potluck. Everyone brings a dish (main course) enough for all who attend... then divide the spoils. That way you only cook one main dish and get several in return. Even if you only did it once a month, it would cut down on meals eaten out or drive thru crap. There are lots of recipes out there for dishes that can be made ahead and frozen.

I used to have a stash of recipes that you can make ahead and just add a few fresh ingredients, and voila` instant food. Check your local library.

Another idea is to cook up your meats ahead of time. Since meat usually takes the longest to cook, doing it ahead will cut your cook time. Just add fresh or frozen veggies. The more fresh/raw food you add to your meals, the less you have to cook at all.

Cook potatoes in a crock pot, you can use them for hashbrowns, mashed, throw in quick soups, potatoe pancakes. Throw some yams in there too.

Cook a pot of beans, divide up and freeze.

You could also start a group that meets once a week at each other's home, share a meal, and cut costs for food and prep time.

So Monday go to Fran's house for chinese, Tuesday go to Mike's for grilled chicken, Wednesday go to Lila's for her famous swedish meatballs, you get the idea. That way you only cook ONE DAY A WEEK... Bam. homecooked meals, you can't beat that.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: