Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #241
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I sorta see OB's point.....

Ya gotta sort through the stuff to get to the prize.....nothin' wrong with that.

I seem to remember a time when it was ok to 'just date'.....go out, have a nice dinner and a movie...or a picnic and mini~golf....and no expectations.
Of course, I say that, thinking of my younger days.

Right now.....a date would be nice. But a partner would be nicer. <smile> And I am prepared to wait until the right One comes along.

Was that clear as mud?

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #242
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Ya gotta sort through the stuff to get to the prize.....nothin' wrong with that.

I seem to remember a time when it was ok to 'just date'.....go out, have a nice dinner and a movie...or a picnic and mini~golf....and no expectations.

Right now.....a date would be nice. But a partner would be nicer. <smile> And I am prepared to wait until the right One comes along.

Was that clear as mud?

it's not that i don't understand the point. it's the language that bothers me. and, it's just me.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #243
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Was that clear as mud?

it's not that i don't understand the point. it's the language that bothers me. and, it's just me. i suppose i'm just getting old.

i agree on social dating, without an endgame in mind. yes, a partner would be nice. i have difficulty with dating moving so quickly into a relationship. but, that's a whole other thread, isn't it?

i'm a rambling man

Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #244
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
it's not that i don't understand the point. it's the language that bothers me. and, it's just me. i suppose i'm just getting old.

i agree on social dating, without an endgame in mind. yes, a partner would be nice. i have difficulty with dating moving so quickly into a relationship. but, that's a whole other thread, isn't it?

If YOU are 'old'....what am I?

That was, of course, a hypothetical question.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #245
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
If YOU are 'old'....what am I?

That was, of course, a hypothetical question.....

fine wine, of course

i'm a rambling man

Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #246
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
fine wine, of course
Im the guilty party of the metaphor...Dude!

I said "You have to out a lot of garbage to see who'll take out the trash"

Evidently I told this to one of my friends years ago. everyone seems to have a problem witht the language but as I dont remember telling her that I certainly don't know where I came up with it either.

You could look at as "One man's trash is another mans treasure"

It is a bit harsh language but it gets the point across.

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #247
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

speaking from my point of view and where I am in my own history, I debating if I am capable of dating. Every attempt I have tried since I move back to Ohio has been a LDR. When I get a chance to date local or to meet the LDR, I get very anxious, to the point of misery. Its not that the last real time break up was so awful (it was, for both of us, and I am so sorry that it was that way) but it was a string of bad ones. I dont want to get hurt again and my picker is broke, as Blade once said. (waving at Blade...stealing his words) And yet I have long distance companions who I cherish greatly but I really dont know if I would be able to date them (or anyone) if they were local. So if I were to date locally now, it would be simply to see if I could do so with being anxious.

I miss cooking for someone. I miss reading the newspapers together. I miss having my feet massaged as we watch our fav tv shows. I miss weeding in the garden together. And going to the Drs together when we both get poison ivy. God I miss those everyday kind of things people who are in love and living together do with one another.

I also really miss the simple joy of waiting to be picked up for a date. Of putting on special make up to look good for him. I so want to pick out a movie to watch that will suprise him because he will have thought I wanted to watch The Notebook and I picked Deliverance instead. I want to smell his cologne on him as I hug him hello and I want to smell it on me when he tells me good night and I am alone to think about what could come next...

I miss this...but it also scares me . I am afraid of losing so much again. There was a time when I believed I could get much more if chanced it, than I could ever lose if it didnt work out. I dont believe that anymore....

Quote:
i have a question for anyone who cares to answer.

when dating, what is your expectation/intent? in other words, are you dating with the mindset of finding a life partner? sex? a friend you can share small physical intimacies with (hand holding, kissing, cuddling, etc)? just to go out and have a good time with no expectations at all?

thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #248
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
Im the guilty party of the metaphor...Dude!

I said "You have to out a lot of garbage to see who'll take out the trash"

Evidently I told this to one of my friends years ago. everyone seems to have a problem witht the language but as I dont remember telling her that I certainly don't know where I came up with it either.

You could look at as "One man's trash is another mans treasure"

It is a bit harsh language but it gets the point across.

hey ash

we've known each other a good while and spent a lot of time talking (while trying to figure out just where the hell we were).

i've been through the dating process and the "not having any luck finding anyone" process for a good number of years. some people are just not a good fit, some are close but not quite right, and sometimes the timing just sucks. i get all that. the issue i'm having is simply with the language. you know i'd say the same damn thing to you...i don't want organic to think i'm just picking on someone here.

i know i've said some things in my life that were either insensitive (at best) and horribly dickish at worst. i work to evolve in my thinking, and by extension, my speaking. i'm simply pointing out a prhase i find offensive. that's me, my thinking, the way things sound to me. i'm not trying to start a war or even skirmish in here. it's becoming apparent to me that others aren't offended, which is fine. i really don't want to be convinced that i shouldn't be feeling the way i do, or that i'm wrong to be offended. i feel what i feel, right?

you know me personally, for reals, for a few years now, ash. you're my friend, my compadre, my amigo. i would hope, that as all those things in my life, you'd let me know if i said something that you thought was fucked up or ill advised. it's what friends do and how we help one another broaden our perspectives. so, maybe you and i can talk about this when i see you in LR. or not.

sorry this is rambly...just got up and no coffee yet.

i'm a rambling man

The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #249
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
hey ash

we've known each other a good while and spent a lot of time talking (while trying to figure out just where the hell we were).

i've been through the dating process and the "not having any luck finding anyone" process for a good number of years. some people are just not a good fit, some are close but not quite right, and sometimes the timing just sucks. i get all that. the issue i'm having is simply with the language. you know i'd say the same damn thing to you...i don't want organic to think i'm just picking on someone here.

i know i've said some things in my life that were either insensitive (at best) and horribly dickish at worst. i work to evolve in my thinking, and by extension, my speaking. i'm simply pointing out a prhase i find offensive. that's me, my thinking, the way things sound to me. i'm not trying to start a war or even skirmish in here. it's becoming apparent to me that others aren't offended, which is fine. i really don't want to be convinced that i shouldn't be feeling the way i do, or that i'm wrong to be offended. i feel what i feel, right?

you know me personally, for reals, for a few years now, ash. you're my friend, my compadre, my amigo. i would hope, that as all those things in my life, you'd let me know if i said something that you thought was fucked up or ill advised. it's what friends do and how we help one another broaden our perspectives. so, maybe you and i can talk about this when i see you in LR. or not.

sorry this is rambly...just got up and no coffee yet.
No I dont think he thinks that, he didnt like the language either when I said it. I was just taking responsibility for the statement. Its all good dude!! I fully understand your point and Im sure Ob does as well.

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #250
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Afternoon!

Good afternoon singles!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Anybody have a date this evening?

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #251
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

no date for me...I am trying to hold off going to Urgent Care because we have another series of severe storms coming in and my dog cant be left alone in them. (my right arm is giving me lots of problems)

but..if someone were to ask me out for this weekend, where would I want to go? Hmmmm....

the movies is so cliche-ish. So no, not there. We have a lovely botanical garden in my town and they have a lovely collection of trees that we could wander in, especially as the storm starts to breeze in and you can almost feel its pulse as it comes closer... hair whipping around as I point out the differences in trees and how they are shaped according to their varieties. I would get lost in my knowledge to wear down my anxiety, to have something to focus on while he watches me, listening but really more so watching my face, especially my lips as I talk about the larch and the beech and the sprawl of the spreading juniper...

they have a great restaurant inside the marbled building. A nice tall glass of herbal ice tea and a fancy croissant sandwhich, followed by a piece of cheesecake shared by the two of us...

we talk and as I sense him watching me intently, I blush and sometimes get a little giddy in my speech. Finally I sit back against the huge wall of windows where the restaurant overlooks the beautiful glacier lake and look right at him instead of pouring out words from my bottomless well of anxiety...

he doesnt stop looking intently...

I notice the sincerity in his eyes and the solidness of his face, full of character and wisdom, with laugh lines to balance the seriousness of his years. Locked onto his eyes, he smiles at me and I am compulsed to simply smile back...

not a word is said while I twirl my napkin, and we look upon each other...

shyness...

who would have thought I was shy, so bold and brassy I can be

yet there I was, being very shy but now quiet, the only noise coming from the kitchen and the conversation between two older women a few tables away from us.

and then he asks me "would you like to play putt putt?"

"no" I softly say

Bowling?

no, not bowling

hmmm...go to a movie?

not today.

a museum perhaps?

I shake my head no

He never stops looking into my eyes, as he continues asking

"would you like to go to the mall?"

my nose scrunches up as I adamantly say no to that proposition

would you care to just take a drive out in the country?

I pause and think about this and I nod my head yes...

we gather up our trays and take them to their station and leave...

his hand slides into mine, the first time we touch, as we head to the car...

later we will kiss

and say good nite

and go home seperately

with wonder inside us both

for all the magic a simple first date can bring...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #252
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

NO...no dates, and if my recent experiences are anything to go by... not any time soon! Makes me sad.
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #253
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

Nope. No dates. But keeping the hope alive.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #254
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah the Botanical garden is nice here too. You can't really talk at the movies but it's fun to go after you've been dating for awhile. I like to do fun stuff on dates like bowling or pitch n putt. Hanging out in the park or at the lake is fun too.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #255
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

No No dates here there is nobody to date in northern NJ moving soon so that will be better for me. Don't really want to get involved with someone new then up and leave!! so no no dates not even a friend to go to the movies with. Besides its a heat wave here in NJ and not pleasant to go out in!! Have a good night singles
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #256
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Jeeze.. even my stepson who I haven't seen in over a year stood me up today. God almighty I can't win anymore.
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #257
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I know it is hard not having a date on Sat. But there is a lot to do, I do enjoy the culture here. I like hanging out with my friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #258
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone,

No dates for me. I am like Lipstix, I haven't found any butches in this area. Makes me miss living in Orlando, I atleast knew where the lesbian bar was.

Have fun today and I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday morning,

Zimmy
<Leaving strong coffee and tea>
Old 07-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #259
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning everyone,

I am sitting here drinking my Italian Roast coffee from Starbucks, watching my friend's little boy sleeping on the couch next to me. For some reason, he won't sleep in his crib and we both are dumbfounded as to why. So she is looking for a toddler bed today and see if that might help.

Hope you all have a good day and I am leaving plenty of coffee for us,

Zimmy
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #260
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Good Morning everyone,

I am sitting here drinking my Italian Roast coffee from Starbucks, watching my friend's little boy sleeping on the couch next to me. For some reason, he won't sleep in his crib and we both are dumbfounded as to why. So she is looking for a toddler bed today and see if that might help.

Hope you all have a good day and I am leaving plenty of coffee for us,

Zimmy
Morning Zimmy,

I hope you have a great day! Maybe he feels like he's too old to sleep in the crib or at least he feels that way. I don't know and I won't pretend to. Either way you have a wonderful day!

OB

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post: