Notices

Old 05-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #3441
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
IF you're looking for movies to watch during this "lock-down" and seem to be lost, scan thru this thread! It holds many treasures IMHO
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 03:36 PM   #3442
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Someone mentioned watching this movie earlier today so as soon as I log off I'm going to watch it once again.......
I HATE it when this happens! I guess I better start typing the movie name up at the top
Old 05-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #3443
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
the 2nd Jurassic World..not sure of it's official name, whatever-i was truly disappointing because i loved the 1st

This is EXACTLY how I felt about the second My Big Fat Greek Wedding...
Old 05-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #3444
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The Dressmaker 2015 Kate Winslet, Judy Davis, Liam Hemsworth

A glamorous woman returns to her small town in rural Australia. With her sewing machine and haute couture style, she transforms the women and exacts sweet revenge on those who did her wrong.
Re-watched this recently.......
Old 05-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #3445
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Marshall 2017 Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad, Kate Hudson

About a young Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Supreme Court Justice, as he battles through one of his early career-defining cases while working for the NAACP.

I enjoyed it, but I would love to see someone do a movie about his actual journey to being appointed to the Supreme Court and once there how he was treated by his fellow justices etc etc
I'm going to try and catch this movie again sometime soon too hopefully..;
Old 05-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #3446
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I try and avoid movie critics and I avoid Rotten Tomato at all cost!

I seek out recommendations from people I trust and to be honest, some of the best movies suggestions, I've gotten have been from people's posts here..
This still holds true after all these years, ESPECIALLY the avoiding of Rotten Tomatoes!!!!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #3447
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I literally just finished this movie.

It was amazing. Al of the cast were great but this is the best work Murphy's ever done. Fantastic!
IF you've never seen this and love Eddie, treat yourself...
Old 05-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #3448
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'll See You In My Dreams

With Blythe Danner, Martin Starr, Sam Elliot, Rhea Perlman, Mary Kay Place, June Squibb.

Saw this a couple nights ago and enjoyed it. Images and lines from the film are still with me. The chemistry between Danner and Ellot was nice and believable. It's almost a quiet and thoughtful movie, but it was funny and sweet, too. It also moved at a nice pace.

A bit of a spoiler follows....

Generally, I moan and groan about not liking happy Hollywood endings, but I was hoping for one in this movie. I didn't get it, but I still enjoyed it.
YES, I wanted that happy ending as well.......
Old 08-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #3449
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Gee I really enjoyed this movie.....

The Age of Adeline (2015) Harrison Ford Kathy Baker

Adeline Bowman (Blake Lively) has miraculously remained a youthful 29 years of age for nearly eight decades, never allowing herself to get close to anyone lest they discover her secret. However, a chance encounter with a charismatic philanthropist named Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman) reawakens Adeline's long-suppressed passion for life and romance. When a weekend with Ellis' parents threatens to expose the truth, Adeline makes a decision that changes her life forever...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #3450
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default A older black and white movie......

The Model and the Marriage Broker (1951) Thelma Ritter Jeanne Crain Michael O'Shea Scott Brady

In New York, Mae Swasey (Thelma Ritter) practices the delicate art of matchmaking. When a handsome optician, Matt Hornbeck (Scott Brady), stands up his original match at the altar, Mae quickly sees an opportunity to put him with the more suitable Kitty Bennett (Jeanne Crain).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #3451
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Despicable Me again this morning.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #3452
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

We are gamily a chinese gay movie
https://www.google.com/search?q=we+a...h=452&dpr=1.5#
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #3453
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Gloria Bell 2018 Stars: Julianne Moore, John Turturro,

A bit quirky but I REALLY enjoyed this movie. It's about loneliness, facing the fact that our lives didn't turn out as we had planned, relationships, etc etc.

It also has FANTASTIC music throughout! Do yourself a favor and at least catch a preview of it.........
Watched this again! Check it out! Honestly would I stir you wrong..
Old 01-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #3454
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default IF you ever...........

Quote:
Widows starring Viola Davis Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki Cynthia Erivo

Set in contemporary Chicago, four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities, take fate into their own hands, and conspire to forge a future on their own terms. IF only this was the movie Hollywood made! A wonderful cast of women that the movie should of revolved around but didn't IMHO!

I guess "the powers that be" in Hollywood thought throwing a lame political twist in with big name actors such as Robert Duvall & Collin Farrell would be more bankable!

I did enjoy it tho ..........
Come across the book Widows by Lynda La Plante, do yourself a favor and buy it! S O much better than this movie which it was based on....
Old 01-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #3455
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Tonight we watched Professor Marston and the Wonder Women. There is so much going on in this movie it's hard to know where to start......It's not about Wonder Woman but there is that, it's not about a Ménage à trois but there is that also.....if anything I'd have to say this movie is about love and accepting all that comes with it and thumbing your nose at society's norms!

Please check this movie out.........
I'd have to say one of the better sleepers when it was released!
Old 03-13-2021, 07:11 PM   #3456
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Showtime........

Watched this last night and even tho it moved S L O W I really enjoyed it...
Old 03-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #3457
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Holiday in the Wild tonight. It's got Kristin Davis and Rob Lowe. It's about Africa and elephants with some Hallmark-esque romance in the background. It certainly wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Hell, I could have put it on mute and figured out the story line but I do enjoy watching Mr. Lowe. Not a bad lookin' fella.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2021, 11:44 PM   #3458
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I saw Holiday in the Wild tonight. It's got Kristin Davis and Rob Lowe . . . I do enjoy watching Mr. Lowe. Not a bad lookin' fella.
I'm happy to learn he's got work still. I never did think anything he did was all that bad in the 1980s, and I'm sorry he left The West Wing as early as he did.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 04:38 AM   #3459
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Last Blockbuster.

IMHO, a real snoozer and a waste of money! Wait till it pops up free

Netflix vs the World (2019) is a much better choice IMHO...
Old 03-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #3460
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm happy to learn he's got work still. I never did think anything he did was all that bad in the 1980s, and I'm sorry he left The West Wing as early as he did.
You mean the sex tape? Technically, they were both of legal age although it wasn't the brightest thing he's ever done.

He is on 9-1-1: Lone Star now. He's another one like George Clooney that just seems to age better and better.

To be thread compliant, I saw Playing for Keeps tonight and even though it had a lot of big names in it, it fell flat for me. Maybe because I was in an action movie mood but wound up watching a touchy feely movie instead. Gotta be in the right mindset sometimes.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie