Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Head-Spinning Political Shit!

I couldnt remember if there was a single thread for this but I'd like for this to be a dumping ground for the absurd political shit we see on an almost daily basis in the news:

For example: Gays and single pregnant women shouldnt teach school according to this dumbass:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_748131.html
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for somewhere to vent this crap. Again you Rawk!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

now thats some crazy %$)*!!!

I could hear people try to argue that he isnt being homophobic because he didnt attack gays just because we are gay...he attacked us because we werent legally married in a traditional way. He was inclusive to add single women who arent married but are pregnant...

oh but wait Sir...why just the women? What about the male teacher who impregnates someone without benefit of marraige...

no?

so, its not gays and hetero unmarried couples you are after...

its gays and single het women.

hmmm....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Ran across this little duzy.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...d-240000-jobs/
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
now thats some crazy %$)*!!!

I could hear people try to argue that he isnt being homophobic because he didnt attack gays just because we are gay...he attacked us because we werent legally married in a traditional way. He was inclusive to add single women who arent married but are pregnant...

oh but wait Sir...why just the women? What about the male teacher who impregnates someone without benefit of marraige...

no?

so, its not gays and hetero unmarried couples you are after...

its gays and single het women.

hmmm....
Hmmmmmm, wonder why more gays aren't married??? Dohhhhhhh.

*shaking my head* at the absurdness of such a statement!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #6
squeak

How Do You Identify?:
femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
making one butch sweat

squeak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post
Hmmmmmm, wonder why more gays aren't married??? Dohhhhhhh.

*shaking my head* at the absurdness of such a statement!

Oh, man, you guys. Didn't you know it isn't discrimination because a gay person can still marry someone of the opposite sex and get the same rights as a heterosexual? Ugh.

xosqueak, disenchanted x1,000,000
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to squeak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

A really good reason to get out and vote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/op...me&ref=general
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
A really good reason to get out and vote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/op...me&ref=general
I am hesitant to chuckle while I suggest that Christine O'Donnel and Sara Palin should run on the same ticket because the very thought of that isn't all that far-fetched in this political climate (and its enough to make me break out in hives!!)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I couldnt remember if there was a single thread for this but I'd like for this to be a dumping ground for the absurd political shit we see on an almost daily basis in the news:

For example: Gays and single pregnant women shouldnt teach school according to this dumbass:

I always want to write to these people and say, since heterosexual men statistically rape women and molest children in higher numbers than any other group we should just ban all heterosexual men from the classroom.

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Simply lovely, yes I'm being sarcastic.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moa00qz-HAw"]YouTube - Republicans Kill Anti-Outsourcing Bill[/nomedia]
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Ann Coulter was here on Friday night doing a talk...at a fairly decent sized venue. I wondered if they were actually selling any tickets ($50-110?!) because Portland is one of the most liberal cities in the country!

Apparently people traveled from Eastern Oregon to see her

Portland and our local entertainment guide do not care for Ann Coulter:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portl...nt?oid=2881373

Last edited by SassyLeo; 10-03-2010 at 08:47 PM.
SassyLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
Ann Coulter was here on Friday night doing a talk...at a fairly decent sized venue. I wondered if they were actually selling any tickets ($50-110?!) because Portland is one of the most liberal cities in the country!

Apparently people traveled from Eastern Oregon to see her

Portland(and our local entertainment guide does not care for Ann Coulter:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portl...nt?oid=2881373
She should have just taken her BS on the road to Eastern Oregon and left Portland out of it!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

OMG!

Yup... we need this thread! Of course this is from Demint.. or Dim-wit!
Then there is the guy running in NY for govenor that wants to put people on welfare in an institutional-like setting like prison for socialization.. yanno, so they can be just like him...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Paladino's a fucking nut job. His platform seems to be "I'm angry and I have stupid ideas". That's it.
And let's not forget that the repugs killed TANF, effectively firing 240,000 Americans. They want to find jobs for Americans, my ass!
linkyloo
Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #15
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Top 14 Anti-Gay Activists Caught Being Gay

This is more of a recap really

(Many of these people listed were not merely in same-sex interactions but were violative in some way - either taping their sex lives, violating people in their sleep, or going for the under-aged. The other major behavior was paying for sex. I do appreciate the existence of the article but many of these people weren't just "caught being gay" - they were caught being heinous and criminal. I do wish the article differentiated more between the two).

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #16
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am hesitant to chuckle while I suggest that Christine O'Donnel and Sara Palin should run on the same ticket because the very thought of that isn't all that far-fetched in this political climate (and its enough to make me break out in hives!!)
The thought of that is really more than enough for me to start packing my bags, my Loves bags. my kitties belongings and getting the hell outta dodge....

Thats the stuff nightmares are made of....
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

That big island out in the middle of nowhere is lookin' mighty good to me right now.......

When I taught in Richardson (a Dallas suburb) ~ which is a very fine school district, I might add ~ we always laughed when the idea of firing all the gay teachers came up.....they would have lost about 1/3 of their teachers....their BEST teachers at that.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation
Default someone did really well....

rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #19
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

Alternet ran a really fine story about a small town in Tennessee I believe (please don't quote me) that allowed a man's house to burn down because he had not paid the $75.00 fee for services.

The fire department shows up and checks a list. When they realize that the homeowner whose house is BURNING DOWN did not pay his fee, they allowed his house to burn down. They only got involved in putting out the fire when it began to spread to a neighbor who had paid the fee.

The homeowner was offering the fee on-the-spot but the firefighters were not moved.

Isn't this extortion? Or some other thuggery? Why didn't they put the fire out and then bill the man? Was this a warning to other rural neighbors to pay up or they will get no help or services either?

Literally my head was spinning around backwards reading this.

ADG

Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Artdecogoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.