Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #181
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
Now that's creepy!
Found it!

Three flippin' pages back.

Eh, it's not so bad. Many girls and guys know that and will do things to get the truck driver's attention.

I like truck drivers. I feel safer sandwiched between two semis than I do two pick up trucks or two cars. In my experience, most of them are good guys and gals just making a living like the rest of us. They just do it several feet higher than the rest of us.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #182
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Found it!

Three flippin' pages back.

Eh, it's not so bad. Many girls and guys know that and will do things to get the truck driver's attention.

I like truck drivers. I feel safer sandwiched between two semis than I do two pick up trucks or two cars. In my experience, most of them are good guys and gals just making a living like the rest of us. They just do it several feet higher than the rest of us.
I agree there are some that seek the attention; I'm not one of them...

I'm very nervous near Trucks; Not long after I qualified as an Emblamer my car was literally sandwiched between two lorries on the motorway. Traffic had stopped due to an accident and the lorry behind didn't stop in time and hit me, pushing my car into the back of the lorry in front.

I had hazardous chemicals in my car boot that were leaking badly. The lorry driver who hit me was over the limit!

Unfortunately, not everyone has good experiences.....I'd prefer the truck driver's eyes be on the road than checking out me and what's in my car.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #183
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Also also also for the record, I am the epitome of Gemini, but I am often clumsy and/or careless with my words. But I think that everyone can understand when I say that I am femme. Not the 'every' kind of femme, but the 'only' kind of femme I can be. I like and do the things that I do, sometimes because I am femme and sometimes because I am me. I can do things that aren't 'femme' and I'm still 'me' while doing them but find no joy in doing things just to 'be' femme if it's not 'me'. I enjoy things that 'some' femmes enjoy but not 'all' femmes. Not 'all' femmes enjoy the things that 'I' enjoy.
I simultaneously want to cheer and grab a protractor after reading this...

Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #184
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Good try Dapper.
???? I'm confused by your response.

People aren't "staying on topic" (so to speak) because the purpose of the thread was not stated in the opening post. The opening post was just a quote. The section this thread is in is the "Art, Poetry, and Writing" section. That is all I was saying. What did you think I was saying here?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #185
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation

Wow!

Several people have encouraged me to post my writings here.

I don't think I will.

I write what I feel, how I feel it, when I feel it and why I feel it.

When I write, I don't write for everyone, and my writing will not please everyone, nor will it "fit" everyone.

I wrote a poem about myself entitled "Lissa's song"

It is a very personal, very self promoting song (in so much as it speaks to the content of my soul)

No way in HELL would I feel comfortable posting something here, in the POETRY, WRITING... section, knowing that

A) someone may be offended because I say "I bask in the rays of the sun and dance in the light of her sister, moon"... because obviously, the sun isn't female or male, and neither is the moon.

B) someone would think nothing of taking that "offense" and decimating something as personal as MY own feelings about how I feel. No thanks.

C) if poetry, stories, how people feel about themselves and about someone or "generic" all, can and will be decisively polarizing, why bother?

Can we not see poetry as someone's inner beauty shining through?

Are we so "frightened" of the "male" dominated world that we take offense at someone's feelings that may or may not reflect poorly or richly on themselves or someone else?

Confusing? Yep! Thats the way I felt when I read this thread, confused as HELL!

The dialogue between Kobi and Julie helped, but speaking as someone who often puts my feelings "out there" I could definitely feel WHY the OP felt attacked. Was that the intent? For some, obviously not. For other's... well lets just say that I felt like there were some who wanted to cause chaos, hard feelings, and some who just wanted to stand on a soap box and beat their own chest.

Do we not get enough of that from the "outside" world? Should we not all stand together as a COMMUNITY of beautifully diverse people, regardless of IDs and isms?

Ever heard the phrase, you get more bee's with honey?

"Hey, dude, Jist, please correct your "what EVERY femme should know" title, it may be offensive to some.

OR.. PEOPLE, this is a POETRY, WRITING post.

How about, ASKING the OP what he meant by "EVERY" femme, instead of INSTANTLY believing that he obviously MEANT every femme and so he MUST be SEXIST or what the fuck ever that M word is!

There are so many blasted labels here, that I am tempted to start mentally slapping labels on everyone I meet.

People say that "Jist" or anyone else who takes offense at words, should put their big girl panties on.

Guess what? Quit trying to dress other people while you're standing there NEKKID!

Had YOU put your big girl panties on and ASKED simple questions instead of getting ALL OFFENDED at what was a SWEET POEM, maybe this would have been a much nicer read!

Quote:
You don't have to be a simpering idiot to meet and keep a good butch

It's patronizing, pandering and least of all, heteronormative--Which is all great if I consent and but none of us did.

The title could have read, 'Here's where I degrade and patronize Femme and perpetuate female-feeble mindedness' and that's cool, I wouldn't have reason to read that thread.

I hope that helps your confusion.
Don't ever speak for me. Ever! I didn't find this POEM any of those things and I can assure you that I am NOT some "female-feeble minded" woman! I didn't feel degraded, I didn't feel patronized and I sure as hell didn't feel that this was in any way "heteronormative". What the hell kind of word is that anyway? Am I "heteronormative" because I want to be married, I want to be a "submissive" wife to a butch woman who can lead the household because that is what I believe to be right for me?? Then I guess along with "femme, lesbian, and homosexual and gay, add THAT label to my lapel as well. No label and no one's thoughts or idea's threaten me nor how I identify, not only on an online forum, but in my life.

In my life I have been degraded (by a woman) I have been raped (by a woman) I have been marginilized (by a woman) and I have been patronized (by a woman). Does that mean all women SUCK? Nope. But by the theory or thought process here, I SHOULD think all women suck, because thus far, that is all I have found. No, instead I realize that women, like any other faction of society, differs, sometimes hugely, and while ALL X chromosonal people are biologically "female" not all of them are bitches, psychotic, sexist, patronizing, degrading, raping people.

Interesting how one comes about understanding that, isn't it?

I will put here, these are MY thoughts, opinions and whatnot. And I LIKED the OP's original post and just because I LIKED it, doesnt mean that I am weak, or that I am a simpering fool, or that I need to be validated by someone else nor does it mean that I am so cowed by the "heteronomrmative" standards that I can't see the forest for the tree's. it means that in that POEM, I saw beauty, I saw love, I saw affection and while it may be idealistic, maybe even overly mushy, I saw someone putting their heart on their sleeve. That's more than most ever say or do.

Whose woods these are, I think I know, his house is in the village though, he will not see me stopping here to watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer..... "Robert Frost"

Discect/analyze/criticize that. He said "queer" he must be homophobic! (SARCASM ALERT!)

Put personal thoughts, idea's and emotions on here to be analyzed, dissected, made fun of, made light of or even looked down on?

No thanks.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #186
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation
Default yotlyolqualli

Usually when someone says "every," it doesn't require a lot of interpretation.

"Heteronormative" is acting in a way that is stereotypical of heterosexual couples.

The op's quote is attributed to Nicholas Sparks, a bastion of heterosexual luv.

Part of femme invisibility is the constant assumption that we act (or are) just like straight women. Some of us relish that role because it fits who we are. Some of us don't. Many of us get cranky when we are yet again expected to fall in line with a quote usurped from the straight community and "applied" to us.

I, personally, have a problem with not giving credit to the author of the quote, but I'm persnickety.

As far as posting your own stuff, you might check out other writing threads and see the comments. It's hard to put your stuff out there. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #187
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:
found my vibrational match

Thanked 1,214 Times in 281 Posts
LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default What this femme should know

No one can read my mind - no more thinking that just because someone doesn't do what I think, they should do it anyway because if they love me they would know what it is that I need them to do, without me telling them what it is that I need.

This femme should know I am my own best friend and I should never think anyone's opinion of how I look, dress, or feel is more important than my own.

I This femme knows it is not the responsibilty of anyone else to make me happy - and it is so wonderful to have a partner who supports me being the happiest, healthiest me I can be and thinks I'm damn cute doing it.

This femme knows she can completely give herself to another and she will always have the right to change her mind. She loves getting lost in another, but there is always a trail of bread crumbs so she can always come back home to self.
LadyRieinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post: