Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #4521
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

Pescetarian is what i became after protesting against the beef industry's treatment of cattle. i do not want to contribute to it. Since i am a swamp rat i have access to fresh fish, shrimp, crab and oysters and i love anyhting that comes out of the sea, so protein is not a problem and i do love eggs.

when i went vegan i was very ill, so i started back with dairy and it worked. i was actually on Atkins without realizing it, but at times blow it with bread intake.

i think we all need to listen to our bodies and do what works for us, certainly we are all different and need something specific to us!
I must say, I was sitting here, working myself up to jealousy over your access to all of that lovely fresh seafood. Then I had to laugh at myself. I live in Portland, I have access to all of the same foods, and I even know of a fresh seafood shop where everything for sale, is sustainably caught, and local. Time to go shopping
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #4522
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I've been using an app on my phone to track everything I eat.

It's probably not very different than WW online, but it's free.

I suspect that the data I use for calories, etc isn't as accurate as it would be on WW, but that's okay for me.

I've lost about ten pounds a month since January 2.

I've done a lot of personal work, and I am able to be rigorously honest about what I eat.

I'm very uncomfortable with the way women are socialized to hate their bodies.

I stay away from conversations where women talk about how bad they are for eating or drinking.

I'm not interesting in dieting or manipulating my food choices in a compulsive way.

So it's been hard for me to get support for the choices I make that are healthy for me.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #4523
Sweetfeme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, Princess ...lol
Relationship Status:
~ On Hiatus ~

Sweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST Reputation

Holly ~ Was that Quorn Products? Never heard of them, I will check it out. Thanks.
Wayha, I have given up sugar completely and I feel good too!
Very excited!!
Sweetfeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweetfeme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #4524
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeme View Post
Holly ~ Was that Quorn Products? Never heard of them, I will check it out. Thanks.
Wayha, I have given up sugar completely and I feel good too!
Very excited!!

Yes, Quorn...Here's one of my favorites:

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #4525
Sweetfeme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, Princess ...lol
Relationship Status:
~ On Hiatus ~

Sweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just finished fighting off a cold

I wanted to write a quick note about another thing I noticed recently, and I believe it has to do with the increased protein intake and lack of wheat and sugar and that is the severity of my cold.
I just finished fighting off a cold and usually when I get hot by a cold I am out for the count for a few days. This time however was so different. I was still achey and congested but I didn't feel anywhere near as played out or sick as usual. I kept waiting for the cold to get really bad yet it never did. This has never happened to me before. Has anyone else had this experience?
Thanks again Holly, will check it out
Sweetfeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweetfeme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #4526
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone been through something like this?

There are times that my weight loss feels less like a blessing and more like a "curse"...This morning I am having some old me/new me issues. I was looking at pics taken yesterday and cannot wrap my brain around the fact that it's really me. It just doesn't seem possible. The old me, the pre-weight loss me of 5 years ago is clouding things. My WL doc assures me that, while it may never stop completely, in time this will happen less frequently. But it's very unsettling nonetheless...

I still have "fat days"...the ones where I feel like I'm still in that old body...getting in my own way...sometimes that's who is looking back at me from the mirror. There are also my "thin days"...the ones where I feel so small. I look down at myself and marvel at the narrowness of my lower body...the distance between me and the steering wheel or the fact that there's so much "give" in my seat belt. And I remind myself that 5 years ago there was no such distance or "give."

And it's more than just getting used to my appearance. There are the hunger issues. The old me seldom felt hungry so I'm having to get used to the feeling and that it means I need to eat. Oddly enough recognizing when I'm full (as in satisfied not stuffed) was never a problem when I started the diet and exercise program prescribed for me. In fact, that's been really easy.

According to my WL doc this feeling of being hungry, recognizing it as hunger, is an indication of being in a healthy body...that I'm "thinking like a healthy person." When he asked me if I remembered being thin I reminded him that at that point in my life I was a former athlete who was struggling with an eating disorder so I'm at a disadvantage. And while I am no longer "practicing" the disorder will always be with me every moment of every day and with every bite of food. Perhaps that's why this is so difficult...

Despite this disconnect I am determined to keep moving forward because I know that I am far healthier now than 5 years ago. And I refuse to ever do that to myself again.

And while I am having these current struggles, I haven't lost faith in myself and in the end I WILL win!

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #4527
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

To lift myself out of the blue mood I was in earlier today (when I made my previous post), I went shopping with absolutely no intention of buying anything because my budget is super tight right now.

I decided to try on jeans because I can pull my current ones on and off without undoing them. Figured either it was because they're so well broken in or maybe there was the slightest chance that I just might be able to fit into the next size down.

OMG, I'm down 2 jeans sizes!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!

Budget thrown to the wind, those jeans came home with me!!!!!!!

(Actually, I could have gone down a third size but they were tighter than my budget...lol)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #4528
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Had an awesome appointment this morning with my WL doctor. Since I'm approaching maintenance and the number of pounds lost each month is getting smaller, we're no longer measuring my progress by the number of pounds lost. Instead we're looking at percentage of my weight from the prior visit. He said I have been losing at least 11% since day one and is extremely pleased, as am I.

He also strongly recommends that I eat 3 meals/day,rather than my usual two or one, and that I get no less than 20g of lean protein at every meal.

Then there was the leg cramp discussion...he frowned on potassium and calcium supplements and prefers that I get this from food. The potassium supplements don't deliver as much as foods will. And he wants me to avoid calcium supplements because they can cause kidney stones as calcium tends to collect there. Also, the area I live in is called the " Stone Belt" because of high mineral content in the soil and ground water.

BTW - while I'm not supposed to eat bananas, he approved my eating them as long as I continue with the small jar of Gerber baby food bananas because they are portion controlled... 90 cal/jar and have 350+ mg of potassium.

We compromised (as always) and I need to keep a log of frequency and duration this month. That will determine whether or not he sends me for a work-up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #4529
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not looking for advice or suggestions; I just want to share how I feel today.

I have lost almost 15% of my body weight, lowered my cholesterol more than 40 points, and I am no longer pre diabetic.

I feel great about my success, but

I still don't feel like fat is bad and thin is good and

I still don't believe in unhealthy unbalanced diets.

I am having a lot of feelings about the changes in my body.

More people are noticing me in public places, mostly men.

I am middle aged, and it's middle aged men who look over and look away.

Nobody's been aggressive, but I am aware of the attention.

I'm also feeling sad. I've had to get rid of a lot of clothing, and

I miss my pretty things. I only wore my pretty bathing suit once or twice, and

It's way too baggy on me.

I can hardly lift the contractor's black plastic bag of clothing that I have to bring to a thrift store.

I've always loved clothing, and I have always worn stylish outfits, my own style, I mean.

I have never been shy about wearing miniskirts and sleeveless tops and beautiful underthings.

I have spent a lot of time looking for clothing I like online, and

Now, I don't even know what size I wear.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #4530
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I am up almost 30lbs from my lowest weight. ugh... its so frustrating! I have been going through stress, eating horribly and not moving, so I know why this has happened. I also know exactly what to do to get this weight off, and keep it off. I just need that switch to turn on again.

My friend is a Beachbody coach, and we have a group of 10 friends who are starting the Shakeology and Hip Hop Abs DVD for a 30 day challenge group. It was kinda expensive, $150 for the Shakeology and DVD, but i wanted to support my friend, and also be part of a group to be accountable.

I got my goods today, and made a shake for lunch. I accidentally ordered the vegan chocolate instead of the regular chocolate Shakeology, but it tasted good! Justin hated it though, lol.

So, June 1st, I'm gonna be "hip hoping" (scary) in my living room, and moving my body again and starting their 6 day cleanse. I can do this!!

I'm looking forward to posting regularly on this thread again!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #4531
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I know most folks don't want this much detail, but it keeps getting easier to find.

"Google just added nutrition info for over 1,000 fruits, vegetables, meats, and full dishes to its search results. It's designed to work well with voice search too, so you can just ask it "how much protein is in an egg?" and get your answer. The feature will begin rolling out today."

Wolfram Alpha also has extensive breakdowns, I have used it for a couple of years. This with google is set to work with voice search also.

Google post with details
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #4532
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

I guess I'm posting to fess up that I have had a rough couple of weeks of poor food choices.

I kept tracking my food, and paying attention to how much protein, carbs, and fat I was eating, but

For whatever reason, I was self sabotaging.

I did agree to let my doctor's medical assistant weigh me; I've always politely refused before.

We are nearing the end of the school year, and I am tired and stressed.

It seems easier to eat out, or buy food at school, because I don't have to grocery shop, or cook, or clean up afterwards.

My neighbor and I used to joke that we needed wives, but what we really meant was that we needed someone to take care of us.

I can take care of myself by eating healthy delicious food.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #4533
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

After two weeks of travel, stress, and not being totally conscious of what I was eating, I finally stepped on the scale. Wow! It wasn't the disaster I had been worrying about. I can live with that.

I assume I am making healthier choices without really thinking about it and that is a good thing.

Now I am dreaming of what the scale would show if I paid attention AND got my patootie to the gym.

Healthy living to all!!!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #4534
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I have also gained weight. 10 pounds but since I had lost 50 originally, I know that I can gain it all back in the blink of an eye.

Dating= thin (for me) must look good for the butches...

Relationship= weight gain (for me) ah...comfortable and in love

I have tons of excuses:

My GF loves to eat out

My job is horribly demanding so I don't walk 30 minutes twice a day now (meeting after meeting, project after project and they all need it tomorrow!

Truth:
Just because we eat out all of the time does not mean I have to make unhealthy choices (but it tastes so good).

I can set better limits with people that make unrealistic demands of me at work (very, very hard for me-you need 600 behavioral health codes reviewed to ensure that nothing is left out, with a 24-hour turn-around time? But, of course I can do that).

I need to get a grip. Right now.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #4535
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Instant weight loss + Hamburger helper= a totaly wrecked guts...if u can't keep the food in u wont gain weight.I do not recomend this .
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #4536
aussiebaby

How Do You Identify?:
Illegal
Relationship Status:
Considering divorcing myself.

aussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputationaussiebaby Has the BEST Reputation

I am a fellow diabetic, and have recently had to lose a little bit of weight. About 15kgs.

For me, I follow a plan set by Dr Fuhrman - his book is called Eat To Live and his diet is centered around eating foods that are of high nutrient density. Since I've switched, the sugar binges have stopped, the weight has come off, my eyes have cleared, I think better, I have more energy.

It's definitely not for everyone - it's essentially plant-based Vegan, to most people that doesn't seem the most exciting. But for me it worked.

Love and light.

AuB.
aussiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aussiebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #4537
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Ok time to get back on the wagon....

Out with the carbs and in with the protein..
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #4538
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Yesterday I got on the scale for the first time in over a week and, to my delight, found that I'd lost about 8 lbs since my last WL doctor's visit!

This morning I was down by another 2.1 which is even better! Have an appointment with my WL doc this Friday and I'd like to be down another 3 (which would be a total of 13 since last month) but I'll be happy with this current number!

Another thing...this has me super excited too! Yesterday I was wearing those smaller jeans I bought last month. When I was changing clothes I decided to see if I could take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. And I could!

Today I wore a top to work that was given to me by my stepsister and which I was unable to wear until yesterday when I decided to try it on. (It's the raspberry one I'm wearing in my latest gallery photo.)

This has been quite a journey for me and it hasn't always been easy. But it has definitely been worth it and I AM worth it!

ALL of us are worth it!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #4539
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I have big problem with acid reflux and take nexium daily,i'm also on the Atkins diet cause it's the only thing that works for me.For the last couple of days I have had the belchies and chest pain cause of the stuff that hits me at mid chest and feels liek a heart problem.This happend at my doctors office last week and she gave me an on the spot full ekg with lab work..I told her what it was but she had to see for her self,she agrees with me about feeling like my gaull bladder is fixing to pull a nasty bender wich is gonna make me real sick till it runns it corse.I have had gaull stones before so the old doctor I had said just let it pass then it will be ok,this doctos said if it dose blow this time it comes out,I have been so ready for it to be taken out so I wont have to deal with it.
Anyway with this adkins food plan the only thing that has been a problem is feeling like im gonna wipe out after a hard work out,i'm keeping my carbs around 35 oe 40 I tryed to go on a zero carb thing but I couldnt handle it like I could when I was 40yro.So im keeping baked chicken in the fridge,boied eggs,pnb,cheese to use as a pick up.What use to work was fruit but most have a prob with to many carbs...an small apple has 29 and an orange has 40
so what else can I do? if anyone has a sugestion I would be thakfull for it.

Veggies are way lower in carbs, avacado and egg whites on a salad, celery goes well with pnb. Carrots, cabbage, cauliflower are all higher carbs, but cabbage can be used to make a meat/cheese roll up. For portability, celery stuffed with pnb, or broccoli pieces might be easier for after a workout.

Concentrate on timing...2 hours before a workout, eat a protein, and drink water. Avoid sugar AND sugar substitutes...new studies are painting a picture of Splenda/Equal/Spireva all adding to abdominal fat (worse for cardiac health) and rebound cravings/'drops' in serum glucose secondary to low blood sugars---which are actually caused by the body neurologically being aware that although a 'sweet' was consumed, the expected physiological change didn't occur...so your brain tells you to consume more. Vicious cycle if you answer that with more substitutes....

Good luck!!!
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #4540
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Saw my WL doctor yesterday...I'm down another 11.3 lbs since last month!

I'm thrilled with this but at the same time there's confusion stemming from internal conflict and a high level of insecurity and lack of confidence.

Last weekend I had a long conversation with a former boss who is also one of my most cherished friends, big brother and mentor. He told me "Don't let the opinions of others determine who you are or how you see yourself." He went on to suggest that I write this on my mirror and leave it there "until it sinks in." I haven't done that yet and may not but it's sound advice and some I need to follow...

To steal from a friend's song..."There's so much left to do but there's so much you've (I've) already done..."

I never expected there would be any conflict/confusion over the positive results of this journey. He asked me if had I known would I have started much less stayed with it? At the moment I don't really know...I did this for me...for my health...I was slowly dying from the excess weight...digging my own grave with my knife and fork.

Thankfully that is no longer the case, so mission accomplished. But this unsteady feeling from the collateral damage of my success is difficult for me...there's no "wall" for me to hide behind even if it was killing me there was a comfort there and sense of consistency...

There's a part of me, the "grown up," who knows I will overcome this and that gives me hope but at the same time little comfort. Because the other part of me is a very frightened "little girl" who feels lost, alone, abandoned, adrift, isolated...

Despite this I am determined to keep moving forward on this journey. Interesting though, the weight seems like just a battle to be easily won while the rest is all out war.

But a war that I am determined to win!

Sorry for rambling but this is some necessary venting...

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar? And if so, what did you do to help you overcome it?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: